Non religious parents with religious kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually we see religious parents where their kids go the opposite way. Do you know the opposite situation? One if my childhood friends had the most messed up mum. She had 5 kids and the dad died young. Her house was the local marfish. She drank, chewed and all the messed up men used to hang at her house. She had two daughters and 3 sons. Everytime we go there go there different men used to come out of her house.

Her dad had to convince her to let the kids go to dugsi because she hated sheikhs, but when you are kid and all your friends go to dugsi, you want to as well. Funny enough all her kids became very very religious. The two daughters went on to marry religious guys. To this day I am amazed how that happened. The girls were so pretty and half arabs with beautiful hair.

One time the mother was having a go at one of them that was 15 for wearing hijab when she has such beautiful hair. Cajib wallahi.

I've come across people like that. In fact, I never knew until recently that one of my brother's best friends had not-so great parents. He's one of those guys that everyone likes. Religious, calm and trustworthy. His oldest brother is the opposite. Saaqid who married some f*ck knows what girl, non-religious, non-hijabi, completely westernised and fell out with his father. Apparently haven't spoken in 5+ years. In my head I just assumed he was the black sheep of the family for those reasons, but nope. Turns out their father is much more like the older brother and they fell out for different reasons.

Makes sense. My dad is always complaining about how his own children are not interested in religion when he is a sheikh and how his religion-hating brother-in-law has the most pious and religious kids in the family.

Makes sense. My dad is always complaining about how his own children are not interested in religion when he is a sheikh and how his religion-hating brother-in-law has the most pious and religious kids in the family.

Yeah its weird. But non religious somali parents are neutral and even send their kids to dugsi. This woman did everything to make her children non religious. You would see 13-14 year girls making tea for all men coming chewing in the house. Had in-living boyfriend and constantly dissed religious people

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Strange, I knew a very religious man. His daughter was the complete opposite. I’ve also seen a religious dad with an equally religious son, so it’s possible.

Yeah its weird. But non religious somali parents are neutral and even send their kids to dugsi. This woman did everything to make her children non religious. You would see 13-14 year girls making tea for all men coming chewing in the house. Had in-living boyfriend and constantly dissed religious people

When your parent is very strict with religion then it’s only natural for the child to feel overwhelmed by it and rebel the first chance they get. Whilst children born to neutral or non-religious parents learn the deen out of love and curiosity which is why they make better Muslims. If you become a parent, teach your kids about Islam obviously but don’t be hard or strict on them. You don’t want to push them away from it altogether.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Just shows guidance doesn't come from parents, it comes from Allah.

One of the sons of Prophet Nuh (AS), who spent hundreds of years spreading tawheed, was drowned in the Flood because he was misguided and couldn't be saved.

As a parent you have a responsibility to nurture your child until they reach an age of maturity. You are not responsible for how their life turns out.

The non religious Mum who didn't raise her child properly will still be questioned, regardless of how her son or daughter turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts