Nigerian Catching Heat: Sports Analysts Says “We Don’t Have Generational Trauma And Better Equipped Talking To White People”

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
I mean he's not wrong somewhat, while white people are often racist, I don't particularly feel that in my interactions and I do feel it is more of a ADOS thing as they always have to be worried about white people and what they could do. They do treat Somalis differently from what I've noticed.

Yaraye

VIP
I mean he's not wrong somewhat, while white people are often racist, I don't particularly feel that in my interactions and I do feel it is more of a ADOS thing as they always have to be worried about white people and what they could do. They do treat Somalis differently from what I've noticed.
yeah. when they find out your somali and not black they do act different

yeah. when they find out your somali and not black they do act different

It's all an act, because it's no longer fashionable or profitable to be openly racist.

Cadaans have committed the worst crimes against humanity against Madows and Asians, and only stopped Slavery because it was in their interest, not out of the goodness of their hearts and it took a war to stop it. ADOS people have the right to never trust the descendants of sociopathic criminals who have never apologised or paid reparations.

Africans need to wake up and understand how the world operates, what was Colonialism? Why are African countries in debt slavery? These Cadaans have just perfected the Art of being fake polite.

I think the issue is that he as someone who comes from a family of economic immigrants, why would he be a spokesperson of racial relations between African Americans and whites when he himself admits he doesn’t have the same history and trauma from those relations? It’s true what Van says , he’s rhetoric would sanitize white people. Think of the model minority myth, asians for example. They will downplay systematic racism because “they made it why not AAs?”

I think the issue is that he as someone who comes from a family of economic immigrants why would he be a spokesperson of racial relations between African Americans and whites when he himself admits he doesn’t have the same history? It’s true what Van says , he’s rhetoric would sanitize white people. Think of the model minority myth, asians for example. They will downplay systematic racism because “they made it why not AAs?”

Perfectly said!

This idiot wouldn't even be allowed to speak on TV, if it wasn't for African Americans and their civil rights movement.

Yaraye

VIP
It's all an act, because it's no longer fashionable or profitable to be openly racist.

Cadaans have committed the worst crimes against humanity against Madows and only stopped Slavery because it was in their interest, not out of the goodness of their hearts and it took a war to stop it. ADOS people have the right to never trust the descendants of sociopathic criminals who have never apologised or paid reparations.

Africans need to wake up and understand how the world operates, what was Colonialism? Why are African countries in debt slavery? These Cadaans have just perfected the Art of being fake polite.
of course I know that they are racist to anyone with black skin regardless of ethnicity. I live in MN and the cadaan there act different when they find out you're somali. They don't treat us differently cuz they like us. They treat us differently cuz they know somalis are a threat. we have established a foot hold and huge community within only 25-30 years. They side eye us to be honest. I've even heard some say that we are black people with cadaan minds, which I find personally insulting.

of course I know that they are racist to anyone with black skin regardless of ethnicity. I live in MN and the cadaan there act different when they find out you're somali. They don't treat us differently cuz they like us. They treat us differently cuz they know somalis are a threat. we have established a foot hold and huge community within only 25-30 years. They side eye us to be honest. I've even heard some say that we are black people with cadaan minds, which I find personally insulting.

They also see African Americans as a threat, but they always find ways to break them down. They destroyed the first Black Wall street, they started race wars to destroy independent Black towns after slavery was abolished. They introduced crack into their communities after sending their able-bodied men to die in Vietnam.
Somalis are lucky, because we come from an ethnic group that has built pride and independence for thousands of years, we've been through Colonialism and Civil war, but thankfully it wasn't for hundreds of years. We've not been stripped of our roots.

Perfectly said!

This idiot wouldn't even be allowed to speak on TV, if it wasn't for African Americans and their civil rights movement.
It’s also very tone death. He’s Nigerian. Nigeria has been occupied and colonized since 1850 and was exploited the people. How can he say he doesn’t have generational trauma from white ppl when the issues nigeria has stems from it? It comes off as very un self aware and stupid. I don’t blame the outrage from this

Yaraye

VIP
They also see African Americans as a threat, but they always find ways to break them down. They destroyed the first Black Wall street, they started race wars to destroy independent Black towns after slavery was abolished. They introduced crack into their communities after sending their able-bodied men to die in Vietnam.
Somalis are lucky, because we come from an ethnic group that has built pride and independence for thousands of years, we've been through Colonialism and Civil war, but thankfully it wasn't for hundreds of years. We've not been stripped of our roots.
hopefully we continue that way. however we are starting to resemble the madow community tho

How they treat somalis different

:cosbyhmm:

How can he say this as a Nigerian? Their country's official language is English. They're so influenced by western culture and ideologies that three of their major languages; Yoruba, Igbo, and Ishekiri are literally classified as endangered. Hell, even their judges are wearing powdered wigs like some mid 17th French politician. Every culture got their problems, but why is he attacking like "Generational Trauma"(which doesn't even make sense in his context in the first place) wouldn't apply for his culture/country? Britain colonial occupation in Nigeria is literally still affecting them today.

How can he say this as a Nigerian? Their country's official language is English. They're so influenced by western culture and ideologies that three of their major languages; Yoruba, Igbo, and Ishekiri are literally classified as endangered. Hell, even their judges are wearing powdered wigs like some mid 17th French politician. Every culture got their problems, but why is he attacking like "Generational Trauma"(which doesn't even make sense in his context in the first place) wouldn't apply for his culture/country? Britain colonial occupation in Nigeria is literally still affecting them today.
This isn't true. And stop obsessing over another group and saying what you don't know. Nigeria had a soft colonization, and part of it was even a protectorate. The whites were in Britain.

They weren't traumatized and can't relate to AAs. Ishekiri isn't even a major Nigerian language, it's a minority language which is even basically a distant branch of Yoruba , and Yoruba have the biggest native language movie industry in the whole of Africa, they speak their language all the time to the anger of groups like Igbo immigrants in Lagos. Igbos seem to be the ones with the endangered language but they still speak it, but who cares, it isn't our business. He's right.

If a Somali said the same thing you'd agree, so why are you triggered because it's a Nigerian? He and AAs have a different culture and history 🤷. The black label doesn't mean I should relate to your trauma.

It’s also very tone death. He’s Nigerian. Nigeria has been occupied and colonized since 1850 and was exploited the people. How can he say he doesn’t have generational trauma from white ppl when the issues nigeria has stems from it? It comes off as very un self aware and stupid. I don’t blame the outrage from this
He doesn't have to relate with Black American struggles because he's from an African country.

People on these public platforms at times, just say wild stuff to Garner attention or cause controversy. It's good for business, apparently.
They may not even believe in, or have put any thought into what they're saying either. But they know it'll rile people up, so....