Next Generation Somalis

How will Western Somalis be in the future?

• Better off

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Worse off

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
What are your predictions when our parents age out and us second and third generations are the main Somali population in the West.

Will we be more well off or come from broken homes?

Ngl I’m already a borderline hoe so I fear for my future kids :damsel:

large bulk will fall into the American lower class. They will be out of work, hooked on drugs, and leading dysfunctional families. A modest segment will join the middle/upper class and this segment might be interested in maintaining relations with Somalia, although cultural distance might cause friction. Maybe a handful from each generation will enter the American elite, e..g congress, media celebrity, etc.

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
And to those who voted that 2nd and 3rd are worse of can you explain why u voted that 2nd and 3rd gen are worse off

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
large bulk will fall into the American lower class. They will be out of work, hooked on drugs, and leading dysfunctional families. A modest segment will join the middle/upper class and this segment might be interested in maintaining relations with Somalia, although cultural distance might cause friction. Maybe a handful from each generation will enter the American elite, e..g congress, media celebrity, etc.

:browtf::browtf::browtf: ok

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
What are your predictions when our parents age out and us second and third generations are the main Somali population in the West.

Will we be more well off or come from broken homes?

Ngl I’m already a borderline hoe so I fear for my future kids :damsel:

10514.jpg

Some will succeed and become well integrated within their societies and others not so.

The real question is will they maintain to help these relatives back home and send them money? If remittances fall, are those in charge of Somalia and the clan enclaves prepared for a massive upheaval and crisis that this will create?

That's what I think. A good amount will do good, but the majority will still be working class or barely making it. Also we have a drug, gang, and hoe problem that other Muslim groups don't face. It makes me sad sometimes wallahi seeing how many of our people are already broken and we've barely arrived in the Western world. We western Somalis are not as resilient and God fearing as our parents.

They will have degrees. But, they will continue the bad habits like meefreesh iyo makhyada wala maronsiniyan sida arbayasha okellah taking about somali politics and qabil in 2019. Lakin, inshallah waddad feeyaan wala mariyan with guidance inshallah.

That's what I think. A good amount will do good, but the majority will still be working class or barely making it. Also we have a drug, gang, and hoe problem that other Muslim groups don't face. It makes me sad sometimes wallahi seeing how many of our people are already broken and we've barely arrived in the Western world. We western Somalis are not as resilient and God fearing as our parents.

Vast majority of Somalis will move from the Muslim community and adopt AA/black ghetto culture and become an under class in society. And not only by financially, but in terms of actual class. Too many of our people are ignorant and loud. Drugs and hoes are minor. Problem is we can't move in silent and lack xishood. Our bad eggs are proud and flaunt it in your face. Other muslims have more shame when they sin.

Class divide will occur. separation into upper middle class, working class and low income. It is starting now but the effects will be seen within the next 10 years.

VixR

Veritas
I strongly believe what our generation of kids make of themselves will make or break whatever kids they have.

There’ll definitely be a class divide between Somalis who get stuck in the welfare/ghetto experience and stay in it, and those who have done and do well for themselves.

Those who are currently in the ghetto and get left behind in it, their kids will suffer there for generations, since it self-selects for people who have no ambitions/smarts to make it out, and have accepted welfare as their peak.

Right now, they don’t have a historical roots in that poverty. By a second generation, they will.

Trending