New York Somalis

pinkyandthebrain

Lander and proud
VIP
Nyc is for visiting not to live unless your rich. I don't mind visiting nyc during the summer but would never live there. Somalis were wise in leaving nyc.

Gentrification and demographic change really messed up their community- they were a big presence in Harlem and they used to run a lot of delis and stuff- the shops that Yemenis are now famous for- the last Somali one closed somewhere in the 2000s
Say wallahi genuinely had no idea . Abti do you have evidence I genuinely don’t believe you . No offence but how come I never heard of this

Say wallahi genuinely had no idea . Abti do you have evidence I genuinely don’t believe you . No offence but how come I never heard of this
There's so so much most of us haven't heard about our own people. Somalis were doing import/export out of NYC in like Victorian times a deli wouldn't be a big deal for them.

Quite a few of them probably got assimilated as well

There's so so much most of us haven't heard about our own people. Somalis were doing import/export out of NYC in like Victorian times a deli wouldn't be a big deal for them.

Quite a few of them probably got assimilated as well
We really were everywhere around the globe lol

Latest posts