• Hargeysa

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Garoowe

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Gaalkacyo

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Zeylac

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • A minority City where one tribe doesn't dominate.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • f*ck you, we're not moving the capitol

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Aka federalism.

In a sense, this has benefited the various states/regions outside the control of the non-existent govt as it meant that new projects and infrustucture have sprang up (most recently hobyo airport) across Somalia where previously the kacaan era mostly invested in the south.

But on the whole, i personally believe that federalism is a detriment to the Somali nation in the long-term since that it will inspire tribalist "my tuulo" sentiment as seen in several pop-up faux states (awdal, maakhir, khaatumo etc.)

Federalism does seems to work well in countries with a large land mass/population (US, Germany) and in countries with many ethnic groups (India). Somalia isn't like that plus they have belligerent neighbours who'd love to see further fragmentation of Somalia and a federalist Somalia is an easy route to do just that.

On the whole, the only way for Somalia to succeed is to have a centralised state (that also invests proportionally across the country) with xamar as it's capital.

I may sound biased (Somaliland hanoolaato!) but at most there should be two separate Somali nations: Somalia and Somaliland and no federalism as a form of governance for both nations.

I understand wholeheartedly trust me i do , but isn't functioning as a state cheaper and on a whole much better (for now!) than functioning as an entire country! besides the future looks bleak for Somaliland and its independence people are foolishly waiting for it to come like its going to change the country over night we are so deluded, at the very least we need to continue to work harder by empowering farmers and fisherman and maybe even have a mining industry, Being born their and having lived their the government has deluded our people into thinking the independence is our holy grail and just like that everything will magically transform the huts into palaces and the poor into rich its so sad that people have bought into it.

Also with a new country means security alshabab is still a threat and its trying to destabilise somalia as much as possible what will come of somalialnd when they see it as another viable land to conquer , frankly independance should be the least of our problem . All i'm saying is first and for most lets fix our economy , give our unemployed jobs and build a foundation that won't crumble beneath us then and only then can we ask for independence because estate will only enable to trade with other countries correct? so let us actually grow and strengthen something we can trade and use for ourselves and our people would't you agree?

The "capital" city can be the capital city of federal states, let it be a rotating thing, hosted by each federal state for 6 months. It will encourage patriotism, integration etc, plus it would prevent ENEMYSOM soldiers from running around everywhere.

This also prevents any group from seizing the capital and stunting progress.

Why do we have to copy other countries, we are clearly not normal people.

The "capital" city can be the capital city of federal states, let it be a rotating thing, hosted by each federal state for 6 months.

How would we look like on a map then? lol

It will encourage patriotism, integration etc, plus it would prevent ENEMYSOM soldiers from running around everywhere.

This would not work at our current status. It takes up too much resources to switch around. This idea should be for the future tbh.

This also prevents any group from seizing the capital and stunting progress.

This would hold us down as well. It would be like running away from a murderer with weights on your legs.

Good idea though

How would we look like on a map then? lol

This would not work at our current status. It takes up too much resources to switch around. This idea should be for the future tbh.

This would hold us down as well. It would be like running away from a murderer with weights on your legs.

Good idea though

You're right, it would cost an arm and a leg and probably pose certain security issues.

Ideally, I'd like to see a Somalia which each federal state's capital getting the same funding and attention, this would solve a lot of our problems. Inherently, we are paranoid and scared of being dominated by another group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts