New poll essentially proves that Iran is now a gaal country!

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo

Iran’s 1979 Islamic revolution was a defining event that changed how we think about the relationship between religion and modernity. Ayatollah Khomeini’s mass mobilisation of Islam showed that modernisation by no means implies a linear process of religious decline.

Reliable large-scale data on Iranians’ post-revolutionary religious beliefs, however, has always been lacking. Over the years, research and waves of protests and crackdowns indicated massive disappointment among Iranians with their political system. This steadily turned into a deeply felt disillusionment with institutional religion.

In June 2020, our research institute, the Group for Analyzing and Measuring Attitudes in IRAN (GAMAAN), conducted an online survey with the collaboration of Ladan Boroumand, co-founder of the Abdorrahman Boroumand Center for Human Rights in Iran.

The results verify Iranian society’s unprecedented secularisation.

Reaching Iranians online
Iran’s census claims that 99.5% of the population are Muslim, a figure that hides the state’s active hostility toward irreligiosity, conversion and unrecognised religious minorities.

Iranians live with an ever-present fear of retribution for speaking against the state. In Iran, one cannot simply call people or knock on doors seeking answers to politically sensitive questions. That’s why the anonymity of digital surveys offers an opportunity to capture what Iranians really think about religion.

Since the revolution, literacy rates have risen sharply and the urban population has grown substantially. Levels of internet penetration in Iran are comparable to those in Italy, with around 60 million users and the number grows relentlessly: 70% of adults are members of at least one social media platform.

For our survey on religious belief in Iran, we targeted diverse digital channels after analysing which groups showed lower participation rates in our previous large-scale surveys. The link to the survey was shared by Kurdish, Arab, Sufi and other networks. And our research assistant successfully convinced Shia pro-regime channels to spread it among their followers, too. We reached mass audiences by sharing the survey on Instagram pages and Telegram channels, some of which had a few million followers.

After cleaning our data, we were left with a sample of almost 40,000 Iranians living in Iran. The sample was weighted and balanced to the target population of literate Iranians aged above 19, using five demographic variables and voting behaviour in the 2017 presidential elections.

A secular and diverse Iran

Our results reveal dramatic changes in Iranian religiosity, with an increase in secularisation and a diversity of faiths and beliefs. Compared with Iran’s 99.5% census figure, we found that only 40% identified as Muslim.

In contrast with state propaganda that portrays Iran as a Shia nation, only 32% explicitly identified as such, while 5% said they were Sunni Muslim and 3% Sufi Muslim. Another 9% said they were atheists, along with 7% who prefer the label of spirituality. Among the other selected religions, 8% said they were Zoroastrians – which we interpret as a reflection of Persian nationalism and a desire for an alternative to Islam, rather than strict adherence to the Zoroastrian faith – while 1.5% said they were Christian.

1601184740880.png

1601184819384.png

1601184910442.png

This is the result of forcing the Deen onto people. It will make them resent everything about Islam. That's why secularism will allow islam to thrive because there is choice.

Only 20-30 of Iranians are irreligious but still claim Muslim 10 procent is kuffar

60 procent are still religious, who will die for the mullahs and kill for islam

Iran is basically the only Muslim country left that defends itself from the kuffar agressors and stands up for our religion compared to the worthless saudis who basically are hidden kuffars

I believe Shias are wrong in many Islamic issues, But they are vital backbone of Islam now and are defending us from the Kuffar

Every muslim who hates Shia and Iran is a retard, While other Islamic regimes are engaging prostitution and selling themselves and trying to twist our religion only Turkey, Iran and too a much less degree Malaysia are the true defenders of Islam in this type

Khaleejis are dogs, It baffles me that the greatest man that has existed in this earth Nabi muhammad s.c.w came from this lowly people

All that oppression and this is the result. Somalis need to take warning. If you seek to make peoples lives miserable in the name of God, they will want to escape.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
not surprising its iran those people have always been some what more liberal than other muslims at least to my experience

Last edited:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Iran from this thread only to find that there was no Turkey in the "What are you eating thread?" I'm too Hungary to be viewing this thread hence why I went to a restaurant to eat some food. Turns out the Czech was expensive. Wanted to dine & dash but the busser knew what I was gonna do and threw an oily plate that was full of Greece. Oh boy did I beg for my life and had to apologize. "Belize I have a family that cares about me, don't Finnish me life:frdfvsb:" Uganda be kiddin me. Wakanda cruelty is this? Busboy replied, "Can you stop crying? You're Ghana make me mad" Oman was I relieved when I saw my friend with the Czech. Syriasly what is life without puns? Aight boys that's enough imma head out

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is the result of forcing the Deen onto people. It will make them resent everything about Islam. That's why secularism will allow islam to thrive because there is choice.

Exactly brother preach the good news to these islamists who think they are doing a favor for Islam by forcing it on society, it will lead to a rebellion as people start to leave in droves because no-one likes when their freedom is taken away no matter what system or faith that does it.

If Islam wasn't imposed on us, I think it would be more interesting, that's why I find atheism-christian-judaism more interesting now because I don't see them enforcing their religion on anyone, no joke either. Their growing because people see them as a solution to these islamist who take away people to be free. They interfere in people freedom thru mass TV, mosques, schools, and they even have a ministry in our govt with enforcing powers, they are involved at every step and turn in our lives, who are they to dictate to me or anyone else how to live my life, Somalis need to revolt and get them to stay away from us.

What made me suspicious Islam is not the truth is when they do not allow freedom for disbelievers to challenge them.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Waranlegang why u qashin me and not respond? u cant run a nation based on a religion which isn't a proven fact, it's a belief only, so keep that shit to yourself, there is no way u can prove your religion and therefore it's not science or anything.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Exactly brother preach the good news to these islamists who think they are doing a favor for Islam by forcing it on society, it will lead to a rebellion as people start to leave in droves because no-one likes when their freedom is taken away no matter what system or faith that does it.

If Islam wasn't imposed on us, I think it would be more interesting, that's why I find atheism-christian-judaism more interesting now because I don't see them enforcing their religion on anyone, no joke either. Their growing because people see them as a solution to these islamist who take away people to be free. They interfere in people freedom thru mass TV, mosques, schools, and they even have a ministry in our govt with enforcing powers, they are involved at every step and turn in our lives, who are they to dictate to me or anyone else how to live my life, Somalis need to revolt and get them to stay away from us.

What made me suspicious Islam is not the truth is when they do not allow freedom for disbelievers to challenge them.
tenor.gif

Iranians have always been a fairly liberal & highly cultured people since Antiquity. Many still take pride in the Zoroastrian heritage though they could be Shia Muslim, Christian etc.

Trending