New Imperial College London study, doubling pre-industrial CO2 emissions will result in a 3.2°C increase in global warming by 2050

According to the article, the study is not conclusive but points to a direction of needed study. If people do not contribute to the levels of C02 in the atmosphere, clouds will have little effect.

World

VIP
According to the article, the study is not conclusive but points to a direction of needed study. If people do not contribute to the levels of C02 in the atmosphere, clouds will have little effect.
What are you talking about people do not contribute to the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere?

This thread has nothing to do with ignorant climate change rejecting conspiracies, but the fact that we are likely to reach a far higher increase in global warming than expected

What are you talking about people do not contribute to the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere?

This thread has nothing to do with ignorant climate change rejecting conspiracies, but the fact that we are likely to reach a far higher increase in global warming than expected

What part of my statement was an objection to the established science of people contributing to global warming?

If you reread what I said carefully, absent people's contribution to climate change, the clouds wouldn't have much effect in worsening the situation. Eliminate the human role, clouds are harmless, the crux of my point.

Also, the study is not conclusive. They don't know if clouds are worsening the situation 100%. They promised to continue the study.

The situation is dire and is due to the consumerist society we have build our world on. Remember that we have only been industrialised for 150 years.

Poorer countries will face the worse of climate change due to the lack of anti-fragile systems.

World

VIP
Also, the study is not conclusive. They don't know if clouds are worsening the situation 100%. They promised to continue the study.
Have you even read the article? How is it not conclusive when there is a 97.5 % likelihood that clouds will accelerate global warming.

“They discovered that clouds will accelerate global warming by reflecting less solar energy and boosting the greenhouse effect, with a 97.5 percent likelihood. These findings also imply that doubling CO2 emissions will result in a 3.2°C increase in global warming. This study has the highest level of confidence of any study to date, and it is based on data from worldwide observations rather than data from specific locations or cloud kinds.“

Have you even read the article? How is it not conclusive when there is a 97.5 % likelihood that clouds will accelerate global warming.

“They discovered that clouds will accelerate global warming by reflecting less solar energy and boosting the greenhouse effect, with a 97.5 percent likelihood. These findings also imply that doubling CO2 emissions will result in a 3.2°C increase in global warming. This study has the highest level of confidence of any study to date, and it is based on data from worldwide observations rather than data from specific locations or cloud kinds.“

Yea, i read the article before I commented so I wouldn't say something contradictory to it. Same article has stated that the overall study is not conclusive but points to a direction of further studies. What you quoted pertains to a small part of the study.

Do you want me quote that part?

Btw, World, The clouds do not only warm the earth but also cool it. They play more than one role excluding rain.

This study points out that the warming role/effect of the clouds are getting worse. Their cooling effect/role of the earth is now less effective because the extra gases contributed by mankind.

According to a new technique of analyzing satellite data of Earth's cloud cover, clouds are highly likely to exacerbate global warming.

At +4°C human civilisation won’t be able to sustain itself anymore.
Not surprised that conditions on earth will get worse, this is just clear signs of the end of times.

"On the Day the earth and the mountains will convulse and the mountains will become a heap of sand pouring down." Surah 73 Verse 14.

"Then how can you fear, if you disbelieve, a Day that will make the children white-haired?" Surah 73 verse 17.

"The heaven will break apart therefrom; ever is His promise fulfilled." Surah 73 verse 18.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Even if we take the conservative viewpoint that climate change is not man-made, we can agree climate change is a thing.

Now, even if its not man-made or man-caused, the climate is warming to untold proportions, don't we need to do what we can to prevent any further increase in temperature?

Trending

Latest posts