New Business Prototype

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Not the app itself lol, I got that on lock. What about the idea in general?

I would rent stuff but not rent out my stuff.

However just like Airbnb...ppl will see it as a business opportunity and buy stuff specifically to rent out.

You buy a camera for 2k and rent it out for $50/day.

Do that 40 times and you make your money back so there's definitely going to be supply.

However you need to add your own in-house insurance product or reasonable deposit agreement.

Insurance companies will squeeze out all your margins and no one's willing to put down a big chunk of money as a security deposit.

Big items like cars are easy to recover but cameras?

That's why current equipment rental companies only go after businesses as customers and you're going after consumers.

This is why there aren't a lot of players in this field. If you figure it out it could be a moat.

57BE954A-71B9-486D-997C-F7CF281A5E4A.png
B10D7568-A756-48ED-A669-0C86722C6CE0.png
3C754A42-D24B-4263-BD26-7BE551EC60F6.png

Some prototypes for the signup page

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
View attachment 191859
Prototype on an item page. Need to use a camera for the week? $20 instead of spending $3000 on a camera. (Example) :trumpsmirk: We’re creating a new era @Baarisiyomoos @Apollo @Ras @Kool-Aid @Prime Minister
Amazing MashaAllah keep it up. I love the map feature, I would not have thought of that, very smart!

Maybe add an interface later on where people who have rented certain products can write reviews for other future renters to see (kinda like verified purchase reviews on Amazon!). Also renters with a high rating might get some kind of bonus/promotion or something?? That would encourage renters to make sure their products are in tip top shape, which would in turn make customers happier and more likely to use your service again.

Trending

Latest posts