Nepotism in the Somali Armed Forces

My uncle was refused a promotion within his unit that he was looking forward to for the last 3 years. The only reason given was because he didn't come from the area. The post was given to a white washed diaspora female who has never soldiered a day in her life. Why do they think they can just award posts to their family members?

I thought we were embracing peace and moving away from the 'moryanimo' that has plagued the nation for the last 30 years. I advised my uncle to join his clansmen in Kismayo and receive his rank from his true president (Sheikh Ahmed Mohamed Islam Madobe) within the Somali borders.

nepotism and qabiil ain't going nowhere.

tell your uncle to go to jubaland where his skills will be put to better use.

that elman chick is a general apparently. how?

banana republic.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
That’s life sxb it’s not fair sometimes. You gotta have contacts in today’s age to move up. In our culture it’s all about the qabiil card. A taxi drivers from abroad are in government and they hold high positions while people who are better qualified are at home.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Makes my blood boil. A lot of the men in my family are military men. On the field, nepotism shouldn’t matter. It’s all about trust and experience. He’s doing his men no favors letting an unexperienced westerner have command.

Why are there more men of fighting age than women? There are more women in the world than men so it's seems like there might be something going on there

I never expected for a woman to be offered that position over a better qualified man especially. Just seems a little odd considering Somali culture

This is the "show off" "iigu sawir" one bedroom government. They will do anything to make themselves look good, so of course a diaspora woman with a social media following will get a promotion.

Like Ferrari said, serve your home region, there is no Somalinimo right now.

I’d be more concerned of them putting an incompetent qurbojoog in a senior role risking your uncle’s & many other soldiers’ lives just for a good photo-op. Imagine putting your life on the line for these kinds of people smh.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
moral of the story ;

build and develop your own regions, don't rely on 'our government' to provide you with assistance - the only way to beat them is federalism