Need travelling/vacation advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been much of a traveller or vacation type person.

Recently got a sizeable (and unexpected) bonus and have about 17 days holiday I can book.

But I have no clue where to go, so I'd love some advice and for anyone to share their experiences. I'd prefer a warm country and good food. I've decided against asking friends/family to join me, so I'll be going alone. I'm open to all countries as long as it's safe.

Budget £5k (but I'd prefer to keep spending down)

Recently got a sizeable (and unexpected) bonus and have about 17 days holiday I can book.

But I have no clue where to go, so I'd love some advice and for anyone to share their experiences. I'd prefer a warm country and good food. I've decided against asking friends/family to join me, so I'll be going alone. I'm open to all countries as long as it's safe.

Spend your money where you can get something worth in return.

mrlog

VIP

Adeer do a guide trip to Base Camp.
Takes bout 12 days and was the best vacation i’ve had so far.

I would go to Thailand and ride a motorcycle. Of course stay away from all the women there in case you run into a lady boy. Also some of the girls have a weird black man fetish. However the mountains are just beautiful in that country and the mountain ppl are very friendly and will show you the best waterfalls.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
@Genos If you want warm weather and views you also could try places like Santorini and Thessaloniki.

Depends tbh.

Some people thrive on it but I personally prefer travelling with atleast one other person
Depends on the person and if your aim for the holiday is the same. Some people just want to chill on a beach all thw time whilst others want to explore.

Also some are every bad at choosing what activity you should get up whilst you are there so for these guys you need to be authoritative which can get annoying.

Basic

VIP
Depends on the person and if your aim for the holiday is the same. Some people just want to chill on a beach all thw time whilst others want to explore.

Also some are every bad at choosing what activity you should get up whilst you are there so for these guys you need to be authoritative which can get annoying.
Exactly, you have to be on the same page. Luckily, I’ve had common interests.
Have you travelled with people you clash with?

Exactly, you have to be on the same page. Luckily, I’ve had common interests.
Have you travelled with people you clash with?

Don't get me started, my mum for one, I love her but her idea of a holiday is literally just shopping. I don't shop that much when I am at home, what is going to make shop abroad where I have a target on my head that says dumb tourist,please triple your prices. Allow that.

Plus when I went back to Denmark with my cousin's, these niggas just stayed in the Somali cafe shops which these niggas don't even normally go to and still don't go to. I just ended up just stuck chilling on the block with niggas I have vague memories of making sandcastles with.

Basic

VIP
Don't get me started, my mum for one, I love her but her idea of a holiday is literally just shopping. I don't shop that much when I am at home, what is going to make shop abroad where I have a target on my head that says dumb tourist,please triple your prices. Allow that.

Plus when I went back to Denmark with my cousin's, these niggas just stayed in the Somali cafe shops which these niggas don't even normally go to and still don't go to. I just ended up just stuck chilling on the block with niggas I have vague memories of making sandcastles with.

That’s peak! Wallahi my mums the same. I find it difficult shopping abroad as I’m mentally converting the currency to pounds and it’s always cheaper in the UK. :dead:
Somali cafes in Denmark seem like dead places along with the rest of the country :manny:

But atleast you got to reconnect with past mates. :francis:

That’s peak! Wallahi my mums the same. I find it difficult shopping abroad as I’m mentally converting the currency to pounds and it’s always cheaper in the UK. :dead:
Somali cafes in Denmark seem like dead places along with the rest of the country :manny:

f*ck them niggas, all the real ones moved with us to the UK. I literally could only remember 2 people I went school with, the rest came after most of us left.

Holidaying with my mum isn't something I would ever do alone with her again. Guess who has to carry her clothes around all the stores.

That mental conversion is constant especially if you are somewhere where a lot of things catch your eye. The shop keeper knows what you are doing so he tries to get the sale done before you have time to think.

Basic

VIP
f*ck them niggas, all the real ones moved with us to the UK. I literally could only remember 2 people I went school with, the rest came after most of us left.

Holidaying with my mum isn't something I would ever do alone with her again. Guess who has to carry her clothes around all the stores.
Yeah, a lot of Somalis there came after the great escape of the 2000s.

You’re doing good for your mum tbh :salute:

That mental conversion is constant especially if you are somewhere where a lot of things catch your eye. The shop keeper knows what you are doing so he tries to get the sale done before you have time to think.
The combination of having innocent facial features and playing dumb makes me good at hustling shop keepers. Play them at their own game. :mjohreally::mjlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending