Nebraska town rejects 1100 new jobs because they DONT want Somalis moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nickerson, Nebraska rejects chicken plant that would have created 1,100 jobs on anti-immigrant fears

Major issue against facility was fear that jobs would go to and attract foreign workers

More overtly, John Wiegert, from nearby Fremont where two meat processors employ many immigrants, questioned whether Nickerson's plant would attract legal immigrants from Somalia — more than 1,000 of whom have moved to other Nebraska cities for similar jobs, along with people from Mexico, Central America and Southeast Asia.

"Being a Christian, I don't want Somalis in here," Wiegert, who has led efforts to deny rental housing to immigrants in the country illegally, told the crowd. "They're of Muslim descent. I'm worried about the type of people this is going to attract."

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Population 365. :ftw9nwa:

Talk about cutting your foot to spite your leg..

White Americans remind me of jahil somalis in so many ways.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
This should be illegal, the fact that the town took religious hatred into account when making that decision should ring alarm bells at the DOJ.

I think their fears are valid.

It's not like you would be comfortable if 1000 Ethiopian Christians moved into your tiny qabiil town. I think we should be fair

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

It's not like you would be comfortable if 1000 Ethiopian Christians moved into your tiny qabiil town. I think we should be fair

The US is an immigrant nations. Somali Americans have as much right to live and work in Nebraska as German Americans.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Your views are incompatible with the West. This isn't hellhole Somalia, we're all Americans here.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Your views are incompatible with the West. This isn't hellhole Somalia, we're all Americans here. Go back to your shithole.

Night

Issa Warrior
6645d58b5ac66f6a9cc3862934d133dc.jpg

@KowDheh Somalia is where my ancestors came from.

I think it's funny when people call me an uncle Tom. Somalis have rejected me and have sent me death threats. Of course I will go to the Western man's team. What else do I do?

Hubble

VIP
@KowDheh Somalia is where my ancestors came from.

I think it's funny when people call me an uncle Tom. Somalis have rejected me and have sent me death threats. Of course I will go to the Western man's team. What else do I do?

It's where your parents come from fyi and you'da been born there too had the government not split into factions and destroyed the beautiful country they built.

I'm sorry you had death threats but white people 50 years ago would've done the same to a white gay. And blacks were getting lynched when our people were accepting refugees from Ethiopia our biggest enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending