Nature of Sin

bismillahi rahmani rahim.

my understanding of Sin as I gleaned from the holy Quran:

Sin is any action that draws you closer to hell. there are 2 different jurisdictions of sin, personal/private sin, and public sin/crime. there are 3 different modes or methods of sin, mindset, verbal and physical. there 5 rankings of sin severity, highest to lowest: akabir(literally meaning large), fawahish(sexual relations), 'udwaan(transgressing on the public), Rijs( filth), and lamam(minor sins)

if a person commits a private sin, that they were not verbally and thoroughly educated on by their parents, the sin falls squarely on the shoulders of the parent, assuming the parent is muslim or abrahamic. if not either, the blame falls on none. stigmatizing and passing remarks dont count as formal education. people are not prophets that receive revelation. al-'ilm bit ta'allum:knowledge is by teaching. it is imperative that one formally educates their children on the types of sins, the severity of sins, the consequences of sin, etc. before they reach 10years old. delegating that responsibility to a weekend qira'ah teacher, doesn't absolve the parent of that duty.

there are many phrases used in conjunction with actions to portray the sinful nature of those actions. this includes words like: dulm, ta'adi, ithm, qulubihim marad, kufr, fahisha, fitnah, fasad, khabith, mujrim, khasara, bi'sa, suu', seyiat, 'isyan, khizyi, la'nah, asxabu naar, ghadabullah, dalalah, munkar, rijs, haram, laa, najs and many others.
akabir- this literally means large. this is where you'll find Shirk, which is the highest of the akabir. you'll also find here blackmagic, kufr, nifaaq, lying about God's nature, etc
fawahish- this means Hideous. still very high a sin. heres where you'll find:taking lust to males, taking lust to any women your father married regardless if she's no longer your stepmom. taking lust to your mahram Family:mom/grandma, daughter/granddaughter, aunts/grandaunt, paternal or maternal, neice/grandneice, your wetnurse, a girl who wetnursed with you, your mother-inlaw, your daughter in-law, marrying two sisters. also in this ranking albeit less severe then the aforementioned is zina otherwise known as premarital sexual relations. zina is any sexual interaction of the farj(genitals) and anyone that is not your spouse or concubine.
'udwan-this means transgression of boundaries. you'll find here all of the public sins. the highest in this category is Forcing another to commit a sin or forcing another to adhere to your beliefs. also present here are Taking of a life(human or animal), injury, theft, destruction of property, defamation, public disturbance, here you'll also find discussing your sins or the sins of others (this does not include, someone filing a complaint with the authorities against a public sin/crime). this is the rank where the state and public are involved and can intervene appropriately @DR OSMAN, notice how the most severe sins and the lowest sins are personal matters, this is to test a person's freewill
rijs: This means filth. it deals with najaasat : pork, alcohol, and cultures that are remnants of Shirk and ignorance, such as idols. this is also where dahaarah is required. this is why it is understood that Being filthy and living in filth is haram. because all filth causes health issues and are thus a Haram or a sin. uncleanliness to the point of health risk is Haram.
lamam: this means minor sins or things that can lead to the above sins. as the quran says in 53:32 ". Such those that steer clear of the Akabirs of Sin and the Fahawish except for the lamams, verily god is magnanimous in forgiveness". lamam are frequent and unavoidable. this includes brief ill-mindsets, wrongful assumptions and many others.

The opposite of Sin is Hasanat/saalihat/dayibat/ma'cruuf/dahaarah/halal/ashabul jannah/kheyr etc. naturally as you would expect, hasanat or goodness, is actions that draw you nearer to heaven. but the inconsistency of their polar nature, is that not doing hasanat doesnt warrant Sin. for example actions that are saalihat such as Fasting are stipulated that the sick and wayfarer can be pardoned. this is because of the nature of ability and inability. hasanat is dependent on ability or istidaa'ah/daaqah/wus'. this where you'll find verses like 64:16 "worship what you have abiltiy for, listen obey and donate, that is best for you". hasanat are not a means of sin. what they are really, is a means of balancing out and washing away sin that you have committed. such as verse 11:114 " Pray salat at the two ends of the day and part of the night, verily hasanat does away with Sin, such is a reminder for the mindful"
also 29:45 " verirly salat guards against fahsha and evil, and the remembrance of Allah is even greater". essentially, hasanat is to do with physical and mental health and ability to perform an action where as Sin is never pardoned, because it is not to do with the ability to perform a task but rather simply not doing an action. you cant say i cant not not do something. hasanat= movement and energy. sin=lack of movement and lack of energy. so you see it makes no sense to say i do not have the energy to not have the energy. there are a few caveats, such as lust, and this is a topic that the ummah as failed miserably in resolving. and again, the blame falls on the parents shoulders. as you may or may not know, kids as young 5th grade become introduced to these urges and end up having unhealthy explicit material addictions, fornicting, pregnancy, disease, and worst yet the subsequent depression. between 5thgrade,10yrs old, and collge graduation ,22years old, is some 12years of Fahshaa, stigmatized and frankly outright ignored by the parents and ummah. parents rather than arranging their kids into educated and halal relationships they play ostrich and bury their heads in the ground. However, this is a discussion of its own all together.

verses regarding theist, that are not necessarily muslim.
2:62 "those that believed, jews,christians and sabeans, those that believed in God and the final day, and do saaliha, for them is the reward of their lord and there is no fear or despair upon them"

2:82" verily those that believe(God and the final day) and do saalihat, they are the dwellers of heaven and their shall they abide."

imran 113-115 "Theyre not all the same, of the people of the book are those that uphold and read the verses of God at night and prostrate. they believe in God and the Final day, and they enjoin goodness and discourage Evil, they hasten to kheyr/good and it it is they who are amongst the saalihin/gooddoers. and what they commit in kheyr will not be denied of them, and good is knower of the righteous."

imran 75-76 " and amongst people of the book are those that if entrusted with a loan of single silver coin, will reimburse you, and those if entrusted with loads of wealth, wil not reimburse you, because they say we have no obligations to the illiterates(arabs). they say against God a lie and they know it. rather whoever fullfills his contract and fears God, verily God allah Loves the pious." <----sounds like a lot of somalis who feel as though they have no obligation to respect non-muslims.
maida 44 "we have sent down the torah, in it are guidance, light. the prophets who submitted judged based on it, and so did the rabbis and the scholars, by that which they were entrusted with of the book of God...and whoever judges other than by what God sent down, verily they are the Kaafirs"
maida 46 "and The people of the Gospel should judge by what God has sent down, and whoever judges by other than what God has sent down, verily they are the sinners"
maida 48"and we have sent down upon you the Book, in truth, verifying what has come before it of scripture, and a criterion upon it. judge between them by what God has sent down...To each of you we have provided a doctrine and path, and had God willed he couldve made you all one Ummah, but rather he has chosen to test on what he has given each.."

as far as repentance is concerned, all sins are forgivable, except for dying as mushrik(attributing equals to God). personal sins are two types: intentional and unintentional/unaware. intentional sins require repentance.
public sins are also either intentional or unintentional. both still require you be judged by the state. but only the intentional requires you repent to God.
every public sin is also a personal sin, but every personal sin is not a public sin.

This is my General understanding of Sin
wallahu a'lam

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I agree with this part at the end.
every public sin is also a personal sin, but every personal sin is not a public sin.

So essentially a state should not involve itself in passing laws that are boundaries of god such as praying, fasting, hajj, disbelief, atheism, christian, etc. So Somalia should declare the state isn't a religious matters and should handle only matters of public affairs since most of the stuff u posted about sin is all personal matters that one can choose or choose not to do hence free will.

Why doesn't the state protect the freedom of disbelievers, even allah said he can't force us to believe, so why is a state involved in those matters which is a personal matter not a public matter. The rights of disbelievers is missing in the quran and that's why I say it's not a book for mankind, because mankind consists of believers n disbelievers, secular humanism is an idea based on mankind irrespective of belief or disbelief and therefore is superior as it also incoporates the rights of those who do not believe just like god said he allowed disbelief to exist

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾

So essentially a state should not involve itself in passing laws that are boundaries of god such as praying, fasting, hajj, disbelief, atheism, christian, etc. So Somalia should declare the state isn't a religious matters and should handle only matters of public affairs since most of the stuff u posted about sin is all personal matters that one can choose or choose not to do hence free will.

Why doesn't the state protect the freedom of disbelievers, even allah said he can't force us to believe, so why is a state involved in those matters which is a personal matter not a public matter. The rights of disbelievers is missing in the quran and that's why I say it's not a book for mankind, because mankind consists of believers n disbelievers, secular humanism is an idea based on mankind irrespective of belief or disbelief and therefore is superior as it also incoporates the rights of those who do not believe just like god said he allowed disbelief to exist
Where are the disbelievers?

99.99% of the population are Somalis who are Muslim and 0.01% are NGOs.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Where are the disbelievers?

99.99% of the population are Somalis who are Muslim and 0.01% are NGOs.

At least 10% of Somalia are disbelievers and I would say the non-religious segment is 20-30% or if not more who do drugs, alcohol, rap music, etc.

The actual practising muslims are a very small number, majority of Somalis are culturally muslim only and only identify with it to fit in with the crowd or because they were born into it not because they believe in it lol, if they were questioned on matters of religions, hardly anyone of them know anything beyond 5 times praying and fasting which is the mainstream of somalia.

The mainstream have no understanding of what a vicious human rights abusing system Islam is. By allowing secularist in, we can balance society by presenting the option of choice so they understand what disbelief means from disbelievers not from believers stories on disbelievers, because currently they think disbelief means what the quran says lol, no they been lied too. It was disbelievers who created the best system in mankind history, secular humanism.

As far as i'm aware, 'udwaan or transgression on others is the sole cause for Forceful intervention. "a soul for a soul, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for ear, and retaliation for other injuries, but paying blood money suffices"-maida 45
I cant see seem to find the verse that says kill, and force those are not fighting you. Im gonna need help finding that verse. Neither Non-muslims nor Sinners are to be harmed, so long as they dont harm you. Theres literally no verse saying force people. "There is no Coercion in religion" 2:256

Invader

At least 10% of Somalia are disbelievers and I would say the non-religious segment is 20-30%. The actual practising muslims are a very small number, majority of Somalis are culturally muslim only and only identify with it to fit in with the crowd, but if they were questioned on matters of religions, hardly anyone of them know anything beyond 5 times praying and fasting. They have no understanding of what a vicious system Islam is

Sharia protects moral ethics

You can't call it brutal in the liberal world of today. When they're trying to normalise paedophilia and the Child ography e.g. Cuties from Netflix.

Tell me how Somalis were converted? Were they forced? Ofc not. They embraced it very quickly.

Somalis are more religious than the ones in the West. I've lived there and they always went to mosque when the athaan started.

Somalis were never culturally Muslim but have had Islam as the foundation of their culture imagine removing it. Every other thing would collapse thus being religiously Muslim

You make it seem that Somalis are atheists when they aren't.

Also one thing deemed wrong in one society is deemed right in the other. You simply have ethics from western society.

It's like seeing a dog getting slain and eaten in South Korea as a cultural cuisine and see it as wrong because your society keeps them as pets.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
As far as i'm aware, 'udwaan or transgression on others is the sole cause for Forceful intervention. "a soul for a soul, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for ear, and retaliation for other injuries, but paying blood money suffices"-maida 45
I cant see seem to find the verse that says kill, and force those are not fighting you. Im gonna need help finding that verse. Neither Non-muslims nor Sinners are to be harmed, so long as they dont harm you. Theres literally no verse saying force people. "There is no Coercion in religion" 2:256

So do u believe I should enjoy equal rights with a believer if I am not harming anyone. This means I can enjoy the same right to congregate disbelievers like believers congregate, preach my disbelief like believers preach their belief. U say an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth in justice but u don't talk of equality in life also, u talk of equality in justice only.

So do u believe I should enjoy equal rights with a believer if I am not harming anyone. This means I can enjoy the same right to congregate disbelievers like believers congregate, preach my disbelief like believers preach their belief. U say an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth in justice but u don't talk of equality in life also, u talk of equality in justice only.
Find me a verse saying religious freedom is forbidden. I can find you a whole surah that says as much" say, o you disbelievers, i dont worship what you worship, and you dont worship what i worship, and i dont worship what you worship. To you is your religion and to me is mine"-kafirun

Someone tell me im wrong.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@One Star To Rule Them All I told u the mainstream of Somalia just do as they were taught by their parents, they pray, fast, and do all the obligatory things but that doesn't mean they are believers, they are culturally muslim only. To be a believer u need to understand why you do such things which also means u need to understand why others don't do it and their perspective. U can't be believer without understanding or experiencing disbelief and the reasons for it.

A true believer has to experience disbelief and try it and see the difference to the life of belief. This option isn't given to majority of Somalis as they brainwashed early on to follow this cult like mentality. Hadu Islam kheyr lee yahay dhulkina iyo dadkinu sidasi uma eekadeen is my first shots at believers to review if they living a life of goodness, if they were, then they wouldn't be living lower then dogs. No joke, a dog in the west and his expenses exceed the natural somali life lol. The only reason is one adopted secular humanist govt, the other chose to follow his cult like beliefs.

Invader

@One Star To Rule Them All I told u the mainstream of Somalia just do as they were taught by their parents, they pray, fast, and do all the obligatory things but that doesn't mean they are believers, they are culturally muslim only. To be a believer u need to understand why you do such things which also means u need to understand why others don't do it and their perspective. U can't be believer without understanding or experiencing disbelief and the reasons for it.

A true believer has to experience disbelief and try it and see the difference to the life of belief. This option isn't given to majority of Somalis as they brainwashed early on to follow this cult like mentality. Hadu Islam kheyr lee yahay dhulkina iyo dadkinu sidasi uma eekadeen is my first shots at believers to review if they living a life of goodness, if they were, then they wouldn't be living lower then dogs. No joke, a dog in the west and his expenses exceed the natural somali life lol. The only reason is one adopted secular humanist govt, the other chose to follow his cult like beliefs.
What did a secularist government do? Oh yeah, collapsed the entire state.

The secularist dictator also oppressed Islam.

Life is a test based on sins experiencing disbelief is not the case. You get your results in the afterlife.

Without Islam life would be more inhumane and racist because of the lack of morals people had.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@One Star To Rule Them All if u haven't experienced disbelief, how can u appreciate or even understand the benefits of believing, you yourself are not a muslim by choice, you were raised up muslim and identify to it because your social group does, you have no clue what it is like being disbeliever and only see it from the perspective of what your social group or religion teaches u.

One star, mohamed himself had to experience something different before he began his mission right? he was a pagan, he was disinterested, etc, etc. Notice the key theme, he wasn't born into Islam, like u were, he had to find his way to islam after experiencing other religions. Besides my issue isn't to make u a disbeliever but my issue is my right to preach my disbelief as equally as a believer has the right to preach his beliefs, you don't respect the bill of rights or human rights, you put islam above human rights which means your the problem, your the one trying to shove your way of life onto others.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@AutumnBreeze do u believe that all men are born free and equal and enjoy those rights endowed by god and no man or state has a right to infringe on that? you either say I do or I don't. It's a simple question because that is what secular humanism is about, it's not about who is right or wrong it's about the rights of both without any interference from the state for either side. @hawa-ali says I believe in this and so do many others, while muslims duck this with hundreds of verses just say you do or you don't that will determine if your a secularist or not.

When we say free we mean the freedom to live our lives according to how we choose be it religious or not, the right to express our disbelief publically without persecution. Do u believe we are equal in rights before the state as a believer or not? don't ramble to me that we are equal in rights only in justice and not life. Rights are defined in life, justice is defined in breaching someone rights. U can't have justice without first determining rights.

Last edited:

Being a Muslim means you pray,fast,believe in Allah and do the obligatory. What kind of Islam are you talking about:gucciwhat:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Being a Muslim means you pray,fast,believe in Allah and do the obligatory. What kind of Islam are you talking about:gucciwhat:

Your a society that is still based on witch craft. Look at this shit.

This is what a society that isn't based on science, reason, knowledge leads too. You bring some quranic witch doctor to expel spirits lol, sorry to tell you, but those spirits don't exist.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Lol I laugh at this nonsense and is one of the reasons I realized religion is responsible for witch-craft, they make u first believe in spirits and then when u r unwell they simply blame those spirits that they taught you about in the first place. If there was no teaching of this garbage, these people wouldn't of believed in such nonsense to begin with.

@hawa-ali check out how much nonsense these people believe in. The simple answer to witch-craft is to not teach it's existence and no-one will believe in it, but they are taught jinns exist in Somalia lol so when they get un-well, they blame the jinn for which they were taught by islam.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Baruur in a secular society these kids would be taught knowledge such as literacy, numerals, language, science, music, art and so many other useful topics that can benefit their society not benefit some unseen all knowing god that most likely doesn't exist just like those jinns don't exist.

I would ban this immediately un-necessary to society, no wonder their lives don't change, their studying the next life, and not their natural environment like science teaches. I would make this

@AutumnBreeze do u believe that all men are born free and equal and enjoy those rights endowed by god and no man or state has a right to infringe on that? you either say I do or I don't. It's a simple question because that is what secular humanism is about, it's not about who is right or wrong it's about the rights of both without any interference from the state for either side. @hawa-ali says I believe in this and so do many others, while muslims duck this with hundreds of verses just say you do or you don't that will determine if your a secularist or not.

When we say free we mean the freedom to live our lives according to how we choose be it religious or not, the right to express our disbelief publically without persecution. Do u believe we are equal in rights before the state as a believer or not? don't ramble to me that we are equal in rights only in justice and not life. Rights are defined in life, justice is defined in breaching someone rights. U can't have justice without first determining rights.
Yes i do believe we are equal as rights are concerned. Everything one is allowed to exercise the other should be too. The laws cant favour one party over another. Each are faceless and nameless as far as the court is concerned. no bias. This will also tackle clannist crimes. Re hebel and re hebel are equal in court. Belief hebel and belief hebel are equals in court. In court what is looked at is, who was harmed,property or person.

If an atheist man is getting wasted off booze at his remote club, Haram police have no jurisdiction to arrest or reprimand him. If that same atheist man is at the market preaching his beliefs, no one has jurisdiction to prevent him.

Tell me im wrong.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
These people don't even know what xaarkooda wuxu ka samaysan yahay and they want to tell u they know about the creator, go and study the creation is my advice to muslims, put aside the knowledge of god, you don't even know what the basic nature is made of, no wonder religious people look stupid in front of secularists like me

Trending

Latest posts