National Museum of Sudan in Khartoum, Sudan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudannationalmuseum.jpg

sudan-national-museum.jpg

ram-statue-at-museum.jpg

DSC_2318.jpg

img_0478.jpg

pharoah-statue-outside.jpg

images

220px-SNMTaharqo.jpg

sudan-national-museum-khartoum.jpg

LRM_20190101_131401-S.jpg

zalgjkk4yxt0gjypolxx.jpg

58475443.jpg

images

tri-10136919.jpg

Sudan03-300x300.jpg

39850070500_43869c014c_b.jpg

Cushitic cairn burial style in Kerma

images

Cushitic cairn burial style in Kerma

images

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Thanks for posting. I don't know why people focus so much on Egypt when there's more of an ancient connection to Kerma.

Also, wasn't Kush burned down by Aksum?:farmajoyaab:

Thanks for posting. I don't know why people focus so much on Egypt when there's more of an ancient connection to Kerma.

Also, wasn't Kush burned down by Aksum?:farmajoyaab:

Sudan doesn't have good relations with the world. So they are not hyped up as much. But your right, Cushitic peoples are connected to Sudan eternally.

Kush was destroyed by King Ezana of Aksum. King Ezana even wrote his victories on his stalea.

"Through the might of the Lord of All I took the field against the Noba /Nubians/ when the people of Noba revolted, when they boasted and "He will not cross over the Takkaze," said the Noba, when they did violence to the peoples Mangurto and Hasa and Barya, and the Black Noba waged war on the Red Noba and a second and a third time broke their oath and without consideration slew their neighbors and plundered our envoys and messengers whom I had sent to interrogate them, robbing them of their possessions and seizing their lances. When I sent again and they did not hear me, and reviled me, and made off, I took the field against them. And I armed myself with the power of the Lord of the Land and fought on the Takkaze at the ford of Kemalke. And thereupon they fled and stood not still, and I pursued the fugitives twenty-three days slaying them and capturing others and taking plunder from them, where I came; while prisoners and plunder were brought back by my own people who marched out; while I burnt their towns, those of masonry and those of straw, and seized their corn and their bronze and the dried meat and the images in their temples and destroyed the stocks of corn and cotton; and the enemy plunged into the river Seda, and many perished in the water, the number I know not, and as their vessels foundered a multitude of people, men and women were drowned.
And I arrived at the Kush, slaying them and taking others prisoner at the junction of the rivers Seda and Takkaze. And on the day after my arrival I dispatched into the field the troop of Mahaza and the Damawa and Falha and Sera up the Seda against the towns of masonry and of straw; their towns of masonry are called Alwa, Daro. And they slew and took prisoners and threw them into the water and they returned safe and sound, after they had terrified their enemies and had conquered through the power of the Lord of the Land. And I sent the troop Halen and the troop Laken and the troop Sabarat and Falha and Sera down the Seda against the towns of straw of the Noba and Negues; the towns of masonry of the Kasu which the Noba had taken were Tabito, Fertoti; and they arrived at the territory of the Red Noba, and my people returned safe and sound after they had taken prisoners and slain others and had seized their plunder through the power of the Lord of Heaven. And I erected a throne at the junction of the rivers Seda and Takkaze, opposite the town of masonry which is on this peninsula."

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sudan doesn't have good relations with the world. So they are not hyped up as much. But your right, Cushitic peoples are connected to Sudan eternally.

Kush was destroyed by King Ezana of Aksum. King Ezana even wrote his victories on his stalea.

"Through the might of the Lord of All I took the field against the Noba /Nubians/ when the people of Noba revolted, when they boasted and "He will not cross over the Takkaze," said the Noba, when they did violence to the peoples Mangurto and Hasa and Barya, and the Black Noba waged war on the Red Noba and a second and a third time broke their oath and without consideration slew their neighbors and plundered our envoys and messengers whom I had sent to interrogate them, robbing them of their possessions and seizing their lances. When I sent again and they did not hear me, and reviled me, and made off, I took the field against them. And I armed myself with the power of the Lord of the Land and fought on the Takkaze at the ford of Kemalke. And thereupon they fled and stood not still, and I pursued the fugitives twenty-three days slaying them and capturing others and taking plunder from them, where I came; while prisoners and plunder were brought back by my own people who marched out; while I burnt their towns, those of masonry and those of straw, and seized their corn and their bronze and the dried meat and the images in their temples and destroyed the stocks of corn and cotton; and the enemy plunged into the river Seda, and many perished in the water, the number I know not, and as their vessels foundered a multitude of people, men and women were drowned.
And I arrived at the Kush, slaying them and taking others prisoner at the junction of the rivers Seda and Takkaze. And on the day after my arrival I dispatched into the field the troop of Mahaza and the Damawa and Falha and Sera up the Seda against the towns of masonry and of straw; their towns of masonry are called Alwa, Daro. And they slew and took prisoners and threw them into the water and they returned safe and sound, after they had terrified their enemies and had conquered through the power of the Lord of the Land. And I sent the troop Halen and the troop Laken and the troop Sabarat and Falha and Sera down the Seda against the towns of straw of the Noba and Negues; the towns of masonry of the Kasu which the Noba had taken were Tabito, Fertoti; and they arrived at the territory of the Red Noba, and my people returned safe and sound after they had taken prisoners and slain others and had seized their plunder through the power of the Lord of Heaven. And I erected a throne at the junction of the rivers Seda and Takkaze, opposite the town of masonry which is on this peninsula."

Sudan certainly doesn't but they have a rich history. I met quite a few in my travels and they were very hospitable. A lot more humble than the braggadocious Somalis. You have to give it to Somalis though, they have tremendous self-belief couple that with competency and it's a winning combo.

King Ezana is essentially talking about pilfering and pillaging (I supposed that's part and parcel with waging war). And why did they plunge captives into the water? Was that their favourite torture technique, or something? They also did more harm than good by destroying architecture.

Black Noba waged war on the Red Noba

Always blacks be starting shit on brown ppl in africa. Bantu expansion is real.

:gucciwhat::damn:

Okay! it's just strange that two groups can always suddenly get into conflict for no reason. I guess it still rings true today.
True.

Caucasoid peoples in Africa have been in constant conflict with Negroid peoples in Africa over resources, fertile land for centuries.
dboput2-80afc306-c35f-403b-83ba-3f6f9aa84c53.png

Sudan certainly doesn't but they have a rich history. I met quite a few in my travels and they were very hospitable. A lot more humble than the braggadocious Somalis. You have to give it to Somalis though, they have tremendous self-belief couple that with competency and it's a winning combo.

King Ezana is essentially talking about pilfering and pillaging (I supposed that's part and parcel with waging war). And why did they plunge captives into the water? Was that their favourite torture technique, or something? They also did more harm than good by destroying architecture.

He was a tyrant but it's interesting that he was the one who spread Christianity in the Horn of Africa. He was a holy man, yet he depicts hinselh as a brutal conqueror

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
He was a tyrant but it's interesting that he was the one who spread Christianity in the Horn of Africa. He was a holy man, yet he depicts hinselh as a brutal conqueror

Maybe he used his faith to justify his actions. When people think they are on a crusade then the means justify the ends. From my understanding, they were pagan foreigners so he might not have had any qualms about exerting brute force against them. I'm assuming that was his narrative.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I would kill for Somalia to have as much documented ancient history as Sudan.

EDIT: Also, Syrians are so freaking white, damn. I thought they were American tourists for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts