Name of the Amirs and Rulers of Harar,Awfat and Adal

Som

VIP
Found this interesting book at the library and I thought I will share it wih you guys, it looks like the name of these rulers sound very un-Somali.

If Ahmed Guray and Nur Ibn Majahid were infact Somalis do you think they will let a guy named "Uthman Al-Habashi" to take over their throne?:kanyehmm:
View attachment 129286View attachment 129287

Reference: Monarchs Rulers Dynasties and Kingdoma of the World.
Uthman AL habashi was a former abyssinian christian slave who converted to islam took power after Nur ibn Mujahid. His reign was criticized because he wasn't a practicing muslim and he took orphan money. Here is a sources from an italian book called "History of the orthodox tewahedo Church of Etiopia"
QUOTE:"Morto Nur, considerato dagli hararini il maggiore dei loro santi2, il potere in
Hārar fu assunto da uno dei suoi schiavi, certo 'Utmān ibn Badlāy, un abissino con-
vertito (1567-1569) "TRANSLATION Dead Nur, considered by the hararis the greatest of their saints, the power in Hārar was hired by one of his slaves, certain 'Utmān ibn Badlāy, a converted Abyssinian" (1567-1569) LINK: https://books.google.it/books?id=Re...ZuwAOUQ6AEwAnoECAMQAg#v=onepage&q=nur&f=false

Go to page 703. The following pages say that Uthman used to drink alcohol and steal money reserved for orphans

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
The heirs to Adal Sultanate and the patron saint of the most holiest Islamic city in East Africa. No doubt Emir Nur is MX. The question which clan has the same name as one of the Emirs of Harar, Talha? It's the Talxe Amanreer of the Marehan.

:win:

:wow1:

Nur ibn Mujahid is Marehan. There's no doubt on his identity.

In 1935, German historian Kurt Wendt wrote this interesting German-language translation of Ethiopian manuscripts dealing with Amir Nur Mujahid.

It's titled "Amharische Geschichte eines Emirs von Harar im XVI. Jahrhundert"

"Amharic story of an Emir of Harar in the XVI. century"

View attachment 117704

"Tradition testifies Emir Nur Mujahid was from Somali-Darod tribe of Marehan"

You can read the journal piece here;

https://www.jstor.org/stable/43581078

The German got the complete name of Emir Nur down saying he is;

Nur Ali Abdullahi of ad-Dhuha Suha/Marehan

Marehan have his abtirsi down as

Nur Ali Abdullahi Nur Yusuf Mataan Ciis Ahmed Mohamed Da'ud Abadir of reer Hodanbari/Mareexaan.

http://www.abtirsi.com/view.php?person= ... irsiLang=1

Notice his family surname is listed as ad-Dhuha Suha family in the German piece and in Marehan geneology he is part of reer Hodanbari

Dhuha = morning
Suha: beautiful/amazing

Hodan: wealthy/amazing (dhulkaan waa hodan)
Bari ; daybreak/early morning (nabad ku bari)

The family name is basically "waking up to a beautiful, vibrant morning" or "morning light"

There's other sources independent of this that are from the 1970s that state he is Marehan. Marehan inherited the Adal Sultanate after the Imam's death. Emir Nur's descendants, the Ina Nur guard his tomb in Harar to this day.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Found this interesting book at the library and I thought I will share it wih you guys, it looks like the name of these rulers sound very un-Somali.

If Ahmed Guray and Nur Ibn Majahid were infact Somalis do you think they will let a guy named "Uthman Al-Habashi" to take over their throne?:kanyehmm:
View attachment 129286View attachment 129287

Reference: Monarchs Rulers Dynasties and Kingdoma of the World.
The heirs to Adal Sultanate and the patron saint of the most holiest Islamic city in East Africa. No doubt Emir Nur is MX. The question which clan has the same name as one of the Emirs of Harar, Talha? It's the Talxe Amanreer of the Marehan.

Their is only one subclan in Somaliweyn that has the entire abtirsi of the Walashma dynasty present and even has that which is beyond it (none of which is common knowledge to Somalis).

I still don’t faan with it because with there will always be room for argument since it was so long ago. As an Absame I can afford to put that on the bench anyways :dj:

Som

VIP

bro , i agree with you. The fact that Uthman al habashi was an usurper anwers the OP's question, Nur ibn mujahid was somali and marexaan, but Adal wa multiethnic anc open to muslims from all ethncities. it's kinda like the ottomans, nobody can deny most of them were turkish but fro time to time they had non-turkish converts to islam and former slaves as their rulers

I wonder how many of those guys mentioned are Harari. All I know is that Mahfuz was Harari
They are Harla, not Harari. Harari is a confederation made up of many ethnic groups who abandoned their clan and ethnic lineages to become "one" to stand up to Oromo invaders together.

They are Harla, not Harari. Harari is a confederation made up of many ethnic groups who abandoned their clan and ethnic lineages to become "one" to stand up to Oromo invaders together.
Aren’t most hararis just descendants of Harlas?

Aren’t most hararis just descendants of Harlas?
They are a confederation made up of many different people who abandoned their previous identities to stand up as a stronger force to the invading Oromo gaal's. The name Harari itself translates to "people of the city" in reference to them being a confederation. They are decedents of Harla's but also other Muslim ethnicities such as Somalis, Afar's, and Arogbba's

(Harari's share more similarities with Arogbba's than Somalis and Afar's.)

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
IMG_20200810_230229.jpg

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
none of your buisness nacala nacasyahow take my name out of your futo you dumshit madow slave farmer dont quote me again you fucking garax

You are the garac who claims different tribe every month and now had the audacity to claim Nur Mujahid, a Harla as your tribe, GTFH with your delusional fantasy.:drakekidding:

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
They are a confederation made up of many different people who abandoned their previous identities to stand up as a stronger force to the invading Oromo gaal's. The name Harari itself translates to "people of the city" in reference to them being a confederation. They are decedents of Harla's but also other Muslim ethnicities such as Somalis, Afar's, and Arogbba's

(Harari's share more similarities with Arogbba's than Somalis and Afar's.)
how did they achieve this

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
You are the garac who claims different tribe every month and now had the audacity to claim Nur Mujahid, a Harla as your tribe, GTFH with your delusional fantasy.:drakekidding:

blind f*ck was i talking to you:hova: and dont worry next time ill claim your hoyos tribe you fucking garax stalker and was i talking to you is your name @awdalia nacala wasagyahow fucking garax f*ck
1597163847900.png

f*ck of with your obsession its clear whatever your doing isnt for historical research so i dont give a f*ck about your historical information it means f*ck all to me :camby:

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent
none of your buisness nacala nacasyahow take my name out of your futo you dumshit madow slave farmer dont quote me again you fucking garax

what is a garax you non Somali speaking wasakh you are the GARAC Nacala kugu yaal garac garac dhalay. Wasteman 40 year old loser!

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
blind f*ck was i talking to you:hova: and dont worry next time ill claim your hoyos tribe you fucking garax stalker and was i talking to you is your name @awdalia nacala wasagyahow fucking garax f*ck
View attachment 136970

f*ck of with your obsession its clear whatever your doing isnt for historical research so i dont give a f*ck about your historical information it means f*ck all to me :camby:

Garac Oromo wasakh larping as a Somali, take your dusty ass back to Oromia, how dare you talk about Somali history when you aren't even Somali? :westbrookwtf: