Name 3 positive things salafis accomplished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Other than making people miserable and changing the religion for their own desires...

I’m a Sunni Muslim who follows the teachings of our noble prophet scw.

Our religion is beautiful and not hard!

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Other than making people miserable and changing the religion for their own desires...

im not well versed in the differences of manhajas but all major scholars follow the salaf abayo. there is a confusion because the word salafiya has been hijacked by people who interpret it the wrong way but the salaf means the pious predecessors. all sunni scholars follow the salaf. ibn wahab is not and was never salafiya. he was fueding witht the salafs of his time. but calling your self a muslim is enough.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
im not well versed in the differences of manhajas but all major scholars follow the salaf abayo. there is a confusion because the word salafiya has been hijacked by people who interpret it the wrong way but the salaf means the pious predecessors. all sunni scholars follow the salaf. ibn wahab is not and was never salafiya. he was fueding witht the salafs of his time. but calling your self a muslim is enough.
What do you means salafs we as Muslims don't follow the salafs we just follow the sunnah
By salafs you mean sahaba then no we don't follow them we follow the prophet Muhammed but we also seek guidance from the noble scholars and imams

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Salafis are against religious innovations

So tell me what did the Salafis change about Islam?
Making islam a harsh religion itself is a form of innovation. Islam is a just and fair religion. Wahabbists have taken all spirituality out of Islam just like Protestants have taken it out of Christianity

Islam is very simple i agree.

1) Sources of the Islamic Religion

It is based on two sources. The first source is the word of Allah, which is the Quran. The second source is the Sunna, which is recorded in the authentic Hadith books and incorporates the sayings and the deeds of our Prophet Mohammed SCW.

2) Interpretation of the Islamic Sources

This two sources are interpreted from the Islamic scholars not a regular Muslim. You don't read a medicine book and become a doctor, you go to someone who studied Medicine and has learned from actual doctors himself. That's why we have Madhabs. A Madhab is a way of understanding the Quran and Sunna (our only two sources our religion is based on) nothing more. The four Madhab most Islamic scholars have agreed on are the Madhab of Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Malik, Imam Shafici and Imam Ahmed. A Muslim can follow each of them and Somalis are mostly Shafici.

So in other words Islam is what Allah and his Messenger say according to the Knowledge of the Sahaba and the later generation of Scholars. This is a short definition of Sunni Islam. Every Salafi confirm this understanding of Sunni Islam, so they are definitely Sunni Muslims (Im not salafi myself btw).

Now my question to the people here, who say Salafis have changed the religion, then tell us what have they changed and what have they made hard ?

In my personal experience, many Muslims who disagree with a certain part of Islam, they just made it easy for themselves and say "this is not Islam but Salafism".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
What do you means salafs we as Muslims don't follow the salafs we just follow the sunnah
By salafs you mean sahaba then no we don't follow them we follow the prophet Muhammed but we also seek guidance from the noble scholars and imams
we were commanded to learn and take knowledge from the salaf by the prophet. or am i lying about that.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
1. They keep American power secure in sensitive geopolitical regions via a blind cult of worship around false stability localized within neocolonial capitalist boundaries. This promotes a feeling of helplessness and despair my sisters beyond this world can feed off of.

2. They provide plenty of new oppurtunities for coroners, construction firms and security agencies. This grows the global economy

3 (and my personal favorite.) They spread death, misery, hatred and atheism, all things which are good in the sight of my Lord.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
we were commanded to learn and take knowledge from the salaf by the prophet. or am i lying about that.

The first three generations of Islam, or the Salafs, were described as the best generations of Islam. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) even told us: "The best of mankind is my generation, then those that follow them and then those that follow them. Then there shall come a people after them who will become avaricious, who will love gluttony, and who will give witness before they are asked for it."

Besides that core idea, the Salafi mindset can be interpreted very differently, just likely any other ideology. There's literal Salafism, which puts a strong emphasis on literal readings of the scriptures and early culture and replicating their practices [that of the Salafs']. In deep contrast, there's also a progressive strand of Salafism which is found in Modernists and differentiates in that they replicate the thinking of the Salafs but fit them to adjust to modern standards.

Salafism only seeks to return to the true spirit of Islam.

Last edited:
1. They have shown that religious superstitions can be very dangerous, even plunging entire nations and regions into conflict in the 21st century ---forcing people to seriously study and analyze this issue

2. Literally can't think of anything else

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Not all Salafists are terrorists but all terrorists are salafis!

upload_2019-4-26_19-39-11.png

:ohno: We can generalize all we want here, sxb, but generalizations are a disingenuous and unproductive way of analyzing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending