Myth Espoused By Some That Islam Is An Arab Religion

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Or that it benefits Arabs.

If I had a pound for everytime, I've heard this rhetoric from non-muslims and ex-muslims, I'd be a very rich man.

Their whole argument that Arabs benefit from Islam, just because; Rasolullah (SAW) was Arab, along with his family and companions, the Quran is in Arabic, and that the Holy Cities are in the Arab world. I mean, it's just soo ridiculous. They focus on the above, while ignoring the realities on the ground and in History.

First of all, let's get into why Islam first came to Arabs. Thats simply because: they were (now they've gone back) the worst of the worst. Putting aside their pagan idol worship, they had a lot wrong with them. They had brutal savage tribal conflicts, and socially rotten, with abhorrent traditions, such as burying their daughters alive.

Its because of these reason, that Rasolullah was sent to them. That is it......that is the only thing that Arabs have to do with Islam.

On this very forum....I constantly see, this "Islam is Arab supremacy" myth spread around. Let me educate you people on somethings.

We Somalis, have been Muslim for well over a thousand years. Infact we Horn Africans, have been Muslim since the Hijra. We've been Muslim, for longer than any Arab country. Horn Africans were never conquered, we accepted Islam on our own terms and choosing, at the hands of the Sahaba, whereas the holiest place on earth, Mecca, accepted through conquest. The Quraish, the very tribe that Rasolullah (SAW) was from, was vehemently opposed to him.
In the Holy Quran, there is a man, who Allah personally names, for what punishment awaits him in the hereafter. Now, this man is not black, or white, or asian, he's Arab....and not just any Arab, he was the paternal uncle of Rasolullah (SAW), Abu Lahab.

Going away from Horn Africa....the Turks have contributed more to Islam than Arabs, in the last thousand years. It was the Seljuk Turks, that were doing battle with the Crusaders.....it was Kurds (Salahuddin) that ended the Crusaders, and sent them packing back to Europe, and for four hundred years, it was Turks, who were Caliphs of Muslims.

For the last thousand years, you had non-Arabs, fighting, spreading, and leading Muslims.....meanwhile in that time, it was Arabs, that were going against Islam:
Fatimid Egypt siding with Crusaders in the 13th Century and Arabs siding with Britian and France during WW1.

Today, Arabs dont make up the majority of the worlds Muslims. Heck, there are double the number of Muslims in the Indian subcontinent, than the Arab world. The worlds most populace Muslim country, is not an Arab or middle eastern country, its Indonesia, a country the other side of the world, to where Islam had started.

When it comes to Islam...people love to lie, and spread falsehood. Unfortunately, uneducated people, just eat up those lies and half-truths.

From Morocco to Indonesia, when you hear the Adhan regardless of your ethnic background you know you're in Muslim-majority lands. That's the beauty of Islam.

If I had a pound for everytime, I've heard this rhetoric from non-muslims and ex-muslims, I'd be a very rich man.

Their whole argument that Arabs benefit from Islam, just because; Rasolullah (SAW) was Arab, along with his family and companions, the Quran is in Arabic, and that the Holy Cities are in the Arab world. I mean, it's just soo ridiculous. They focus on the above, while ignoring the realities on the ground and in History.

First of all, let's get into why Islam first came to Arabs. Thats simply because: they were (now they've gone back) the worst of the worst. Putting aside their pagan idol worship, they had a lot wrong with them. They had brutal savage tribal conflicts, and socially rotten, with abhorrent traditions, such as burying their daughters alive.

Its because of these reason, that Rasolullah was sent to them. That is it......that is the only thing that Arabs have to do with Islam.

On this very forum....I constantly see, this "Islam is Arab supremacy" myth spread around. Let me educate you people on somethings.

We Somalis, have been Muslim for well over a thousand years. Infact we Horn Africans, have been Muslim since the Hijra. We've been Muslim, for longer than any Arab country. Horn Africans were never conquered, we accepted Islam on our own terms and choosing, at the hands of the Sahaba, whereas the holiest place on earth, Mecca, accepted through conquest. The Quraish, the very tribe that Rasolullah (SAW) was from, was vehemently opposed to him.
In the Holy Quran, there is a man, who Allah personally names, for what punishment awaits him in the hereafter. Now, this man is not black, or white, or asian, he's Arab....and not just any Arab, he was the paternal uncle of Rasolullah (SAW), Abu Lahab.

Going away from Horn Africa....the Turks have contributed more to Islam than Arabs, in the last thousand years. It was the Seljuk Turks, that were doing battle with the Crusaders.....it was Kurds (Salahuddin) that ended the Crusaders, and sent them packing back to Europe, and for four hundred years, it was Turks, who were Caliphs of Muslims.

For the last thousand years, you had non-Arabs, fighting, spreading, and leading Muslims.....meanwhile in that time, it was Arabs, that were going against Islam:
Fatimid Egypt siding with Crusaders in the 13th Century and Arabs siding with Britian and France during WW1.

Today, Arabs dont make up the majority of the worlds Muslims. Heck, there are double the number of Muslims in the Indian subcontinent, than the Arab world. The worlds most populace Muslim country, is not an Arab or middle eastern country, its Indonesia, a country the other side of the world, to where Islam had started.

When it comes to Islam...people love to lie, and spread falsehood. Unfortunately, uneducated people, just eat up those lies and half-truths.
The turkish kingdom was not a calipahate. Only hashemite lead sultanates are caliphates(umayyad and abbasid). The fatimids were mostly Kutama Berbers.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا

«
So here is the issue that needs to be clarified:Many people use the abbreviation “SAW,” “SAWS,” or “PBUH” to fulfill this obligation in their writing. Is this something that fulfills the obligation of sending the salaah and salaam on the Messenger? Let us look now to some of the statements of the scholars regarding this practice. The Permanent Committee of Scholars in Saudi Arabia headed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Baaz issued the following verdict when asked about the validity of abbreviating the salaah on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam): “The Sunnah is to write the entire phrase “sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam,” since it is a kind of supplication, and supplication is worship, (in one’s writing) just as it is in one’s speech. So to abbreviate it using the letter SAAD or the word SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM is not a supplication nor is it worship, whether it occurs in speech or writing. For this reason, this abbreviation was not used by the the first three generations, those that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) testified to their goodness.” [8] “SAAD” and “SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM” are often used in some Arabic books. The English equivalents of these abbreviations would be: SAW, SAWS, SAAWS, PBUH, and the likes. Al-Fayrooz-Abaadee said, “It is not appropriate to use symbols or abbreviations to refer to salaah and salaam, as some of the lazy ones do, as well as some ignorant people and even some students of knowledge – they write ‘SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM’ instead of writing ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [9] Ahmad Shaakir said, “It is the absurd tradition of some of the later generations that they abbreviate the writing of ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [10] Wasee Allaah ‘Abbaas said, “It is not permissible to abbreviate the salaams in general in one’s writing, just as it is not permissible to abbreviate the salaah and salaam on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). It is also not permissible to abbreviate either of these in one’s speech.” [11] And Allaah knows best. May the most perfect and complete salaah and salaam be upon our beloved Messenger, and upon his noble family and companions.»
FOOTNOTES

[1] written by Moosaa Richardson

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا

Explain

Trending

Latest posts