My time table is fucked( STEM STUDENTS COME IN )

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2922.PNG
IMG_2923.PNG
How do they expect me to wake up 8 to get there at 9
:liberaltears::shookgabre:
Are any of y'all time tables like this or am I just unlucky.

Why are you doing so many subjects?:cosbyhmm:

I got one two hour lecture once a week and the rest is research that I can do at home so it doesn’t seem like I’m in uni at all:banderas:

Why are you doing so many subjects?:cosbyhmm:

I got one two hour lecture once a week and the rest is research that I can do at home so it doesn’t seem like I’m in uni at all:banderas:
I do 4 units , so my lectures are all over the place.

What do you study? You gotta be doing 1 or 2 units to be able to slack off for the rest of the week?

I do 4 units , so my lectures are all over the place.

What do you study? You gotta be doing 1 or 2 units to be able to slack off for the rest of the week?
I meant why do you have different subjects for the same degree?

I got 6 modules for the whole year. I’ve done 4 in semester A and got 2 in semester B. I’m doing computational chemistry btw.

I meant why do you have different subjects for the same degree?

I got 6 modules for the whole year. I’ve done 4 in semester A and got 2 in semester B. I’m doing computational chemistry btw.
I'm doing a double major, physics and electrical engineering.Hence I got a lot of units.Computational chemistry sounds awesome ,care to explain what it's generally about and is it difficult?

I'm doing a double major, physics and electrical engineering.Hence I got a lot of units.Computational chemistry sounds awesome ,care to explain what it's generally about and is it difficult?
its the future of chemistry:win:

within the next few decades lab work is going to become obsolete and most experiments will be done computationally. it currently supplements experimental work but since its much cheaper, pharmaceutical companies are putting a lot of focus on this field now.

its hard because most of the things we are doing are completely different. we have to learn to code and analyse different type of information than we are used to but its so much more exciting than boring lab work.

its the future of chemistry:win:

within the next few decades lab work is going to become obsolete and most experiments will be done computationally. it currently supplements experimental work but since its much cheaper, pharmaceutical companies are putting a lot of focus on this field now.

its hard because most of the things we are doing are completely different. we have to learn to code and analyse different type of information than we are used to but its so much more exciting than boring lab work.
Nice that sounds awesome. so you make models of the atomic scale.We often do that in astrophysics to see how dark matter/energy etc has affected the formation of the universe. The only problem I think i have with models is that they aren't accurate especially when we reach the quantum level. I'm Hoping the advent of quantum computers would help us build better and more informative models.
that sounds brutal. physics alone would make me lose sleep.
It's easy if you like it , I have always brought books home since grade 5 and wrote out theories in grade 7 because I loved how they work.Just how I would suppose computational chemistry is easy for you as you enjoy the challenge.

Nice that sounds awesome. so you make models of the atomic scale.We often do that in astrophysics to see how dark matter/energy etc has affected the formation of the universe. The only problem I think i have with models is that they aren't accurate especially when we reach the quantum level. I'm Hoping the advent of quantum computers would help us build better and more informative models.
Yeah we make atomic models of what ever chemical we want to analyse with one software and then use another to calculate the information we need from it.Its a lot more accurate in chemistry i think. if say we wanted to know the structure of some ion in water, we would run so many experiments in the lab which might not work at all sometimes or might not be as accurate as we would like whereas the computer software would give an output file containing all the info we need in few hours.

It's easy if you like it , I have always brought books home since grade 5 and wrote out theories in grade 7 because I loved how they work.Just how I would suppose computational chemistry is easy for you as you enjoy the challenge.
that's true. i use love chemistry too. not so much anymore but i definitely find it a lot easier than any other subject.

Yeah we make atomic models of what ever chemical we want to analyse with one software and then use another to calculate the information we need from it.Its a lot more accurate in chemistry i think. if say we wanted to know the structure of some ion in water, we would run so many experiments in the lab which might not work at all sometimes or might not be as accurate as we would like whereas the computer software would give an output file containing all the info we need in few hours.

that's true. i use love chemistry too. not so much anymore but i definitely find it a lot easier than any other subject.
The models we make are based on our current theories that's the problem I see with models.For example before Einsteins general theory of relativity newtons theory of gravity was used everywhere.If we had computers back then we would've used his theory instead of the "right" one.That said it most likely works in a lot of cases the exceptions wouldn't be dangerous.That said Congrsts for being such a unique pathway.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
How do you expect to maneuver your bi polar prone brain to this tasking curriculum?

no job for you in STEM, indians will do it for 10% of actual starting pay.
better try your luck as a cabbie or truck driver. good luck

The models we make are based on our current theories that's the problem I see with models.For example before Einsteins general theory of relativity newtons theory of gravity was used everywhere.If we had computers back then we would've used his theory instead of the "right" one.That said it most likely works in a lot of cases the exceptions wouldn't be dangerous.That said Congrsts for being such a unique pathway.
oh i see. the models we use arent perfected either but the difference with us is we can actually prove whether or not the models are producing somewhat correct results but running the same experiments in the lab. i don't know much about physics but the imperfection of the models we use right now is actually a good thing for us. there's so much room for anyone to shine and contribute something to further this field.

I feel bad for you guys. I heard colleges in the uk were the same length as you would be in HS (typically). The amount or classes you take, I mean. for us, it would be really out of the norm for someone to have 8 classes in a single day lol. 4 classes (5 credits each) is considered more than full time :/

or am I reading it wrong

Last edited:
I feel bad for you guys. I heard colleges in the uk were the same length as you would be in HS (typically). The amount or classes you take, I mean. for us, it would be really out of the norm for someone to have 8 classes in a single day lol. 4 classes (5 credits each) is considered more than full time :/

or am I reading it wrong
I'm in Australia , I ain't from UK
:bell:

or am I reading it wrong
this year is pretty chill for me but last year i had so many classes. i even had some that lasted 7 hours back to back with just 10 minute breaks every few hours. i didn't attend regularly but on the days i did, it was worse that torture :liberaltears:

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
Oh man, this reminded me of horrific chem labs that lasted 6 hours no brake! And the teacher was stressed and my lab partner was a retard, literally was scared of those labs:gucciwhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending