My mom want my college money

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
I went back to college and received my student grant, I just talked about it with my mother just now because I didn't really know how it worked, and when I told her cool that will allow me to be a little more financially independent, she clearly told me that I lived on another planet and that she would keep the money from my student grant in her account because I live with her and that she feeds me ...
I'm disgusted me who thought that I could benefit from my scholarship, but I wanted to ask you if she really had the right to do that? (I am not in unworthy son mode, if you tell me that it is common and that it is normal I would say too bad, but it surprises me because I see lots of students who can use their scholarship as they wish

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I went back to college and received my student grant, I just talked about it with my mother just now because I didn't really know how it worked, and when I told her cool that will allow me to be a little more financially independent, she clearly told me that I lived on another planet and that she would keep the money from my student grant in her account because I live with her and that she feeds me ...
I'm disgusted me who thought that I could benefit from my scholarship, but I wanted to ask you if she really had the right to do that? (I am not in unworthy son mode, if you tell me that it is common and that it is normal I would say too bad, but it surprises me because I see lots of students who can use their scholarship as they wish

Depends.

If I were her and you were living at home, I would put it away in an account for you.

When you eventually move out, there will be a savings account for you.

World

VIP
Depends.

If I were her and you were living at home, I would put it away in an account for you.

When you eventually move out, there will be a savings account for you.
That’s not what’s gonna happen lmao when I was in uni my Somali friends parents took half of their student grant for themselves

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
That’s not what’s gonna happen lmao when I was in uni my Somali friends parents took half of their student grant for themselves

Ik most parents wouldn’t but I was talking about what I would do if I was her.

I'm confused is this student loans you are taking out in order to use for something that has nothing to do with education which means both of y'all are trifling.