My fellow former Muslims

0e4.jpg

psyche

To each their own
Why did you leave Islam?

Because I too am part of beesha Charles Darwinya I'd like to get an insight into your reasons.

@Manafesto @PhySom @Jacki @beenleey @Maverick @Whimsical fanatic

Why am I still being tagged in this :damn:

I just mentioned I'm sort of struggling I didn't say I left Islam.

But if you still want my opinion on what I don't like about Islam is the way they deal with slaves.

Slavery should of outright been banned and sexual relations with slaves is disturbing.

The sahih hadith's about the sahabahs having turns with the slave woman/girls was also disgusting imo.

But if you still want my opinion on what I don't like about Islam is the way they deal with slaves.

Slavery should of outright been banned and sexual relations with slaves is disturbing.

The sahih hadith's about the sahabahs having turns with the slave woman/girls was also disgusting imo.
Whimsical I'm going to give an unironic answer to the slavery question.

Slavery was not banned by any people in history until the 19th century. And it wasnt a moral choice but an economic one. When you have industrialised machines, the need for slaves goes away. Today slavery ilicits a visceral reaction, only because its been presented as a negative for 2 centuries. Its an emotional response, but try to look at it objectively.

There are many islamic injunctions indicating the freeing of slaves, so its better not to have them.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious

The slavery part I found to be somewhat disturbing as well

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
@Yukon_Niner why dont you start off, I promise no ridicule.
I left because of multiple reasons. It went against my views on shit like slavery, equality and some parts of it clearly weren't logical.

But the biggest reason was human suffering. It's hard to look at a starving orphan and think god would allow this to happen. If I was still a Muslim I'd be resenting god deep down and I don't want to do that. Why create a person just so they can have a life threatening conditions and then die at the age of 10. Its never sat right with me.

I don't have anything against Muslims as long as they're not like some of the people here advocating for shit like marriage for under-14's.

I don't know tbh. You kind of sound like you're gonna leave at some point and I thought may as well tag him anyway. Sorry if it was offensive.

Oooh yeah that ruling on slaves is definitely enough to get someone to question what they believe in. I was genuinely surprised when I first found it.

Last edited:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I left because of multiple reasons. It went against my views on shit like slavery, equality and some parts of it clearly weren't logical.

But the biggest reason was human suffering. It's hard to look at a starving orphan and think god would allow this to happen. If I was still a Muslim I'd be resenting god deep down and I don't want to do that. Why create a person just so they can have a life threatening conditions and then die at the age of 10.

I don't have anything against Muslims as long as they're not like some of the people here advocating for shit like marriage for under-14's.
The part that I struggle a lot with now is the issue of destiny and how everything has been written down, like some sort of script. Then the concept of free will doesn’t make any sense to me. Sometimes it makes me feel like we’re all just sims honestly, living out our parts til death. Btw I’m still Muslim but this is the one issue that really bothers me and that no one can seem to answer without the generic “Allah knows best”

psyche

To each their own

But the biggest reason was human suffering. It's hard to look at a starving orphan and think god would allow this to happen. If I was still a Muslim I'd be resenting god deep down and I don't want to do that. Why create a person just so they can have a life threatening conditions and then die at the age of 10.

I don't know tbh. You kind of sound like you're gonna leave at some point and I thought may as well tag him anyway. Sorry if it was offensive.

Oooh yeah that ruling on slaves is definitely enough to get someone to question what they believe in. I was genuinely surprised when I first found it.

I don't mind you tagging me if you want a meaningful discussion but next time make it clear that you talking about those who are on the edge.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
The part that I struggle a lot with now is the issue of destiny and how everything has been written down, like some sort of script. Then the concept of free will doesn’t make any sense to me. Sometimes it makes me feel like we’re all just sims honestly, living out our parts til death. Btw I’m still Muslim but this is the one issue that really bothers me and that no one can seem to answer without the generic “Allah knows best”
Really? I felt like I interpreted that as whatever you do gets written down and your destiny is literally just what you do. It's only going to change because of you and that's what's written down.

Well that's just me anyway I have no idea how anyone else saw it or whether I was right or not.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Really? I felt like I interpreted that as whatever you do gets written down and your destiny is literally just what you do. It's only going to change because of you and that's what's written down.

Well that's just me anyway I have no idea how anyone else saw it or whether I was right or not.
I remember reading this one Hadith years ago so my memory’s not that fresh about Musa (AS) and Adam (AS) arguing (not in real life but I guess in the afterlife, Jannah) about why Adam ate the fruit and how it’s his fault we all ended up here. Then Adam replied with how can you blame me when it had been decreed and written down before anything ever came into existence. Something like that. That’s what got me thinking. Idk I’m just really fascinated with destiny and whatever else is out there that we don’t know much of.

I was just watching this

Yukon_Niner

VIP
I'm surprised most of you guys have moral objections.
I mean it's not really surprising. If you're Somali Islam is a massive part of your life and it's hard leaving it. For most people anyway.
I remember reading this one Hadith years ago so my memory’s not that fresh about Musa (AS) and Adam (AS) arguing (not in real life but I guess in the afterlife, Jannah) about why Adam ate the fruit and how it’s his fault we all ended up here. Then Adam replied with how can you blame me when it had been decreed and written down before anything ever came into existence. Something like that. That’s what got me thinking. Idk I’m just really fascinated with destiny and whatever else is out there that we don’t know much of.
Interesting although I'd be out of my depth if I tried to give a response.

Hope you come to a conclusion

BankaTuyo

حيران
for example

--blood money of men vs women.

--the difference in cleansing baby boys and girls pee from clothes.

--throwing junks of stars (millions of times larger than planets) at shaytan as they enter the atmosphere.

--in some business transactions there has to be two females witnesses and a single male witness.

there are countless stupid and wildly illogical believes in Islam to question ones faith.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
for example

--blood money of men vs women.

--the difference in cleansing baby boys and girls pee from clothes.

--throwing junks of stars (millions of times larger than planets) at shaytan as they enter the atmosphere.

--in some business transactions there has to be two females witnesses and a single male witness.

there are countless stupid and wildly illogical believes in Islam to question ones faith.
Hmm interesting. I’ve never heard of the 2nd and 3rd point

Trending