My favourite somali poem atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
somalis will turn even an innocent thread into muh qabiil.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yes, In defense of a Somali clan's honor after some ignoble insulted them by claiming they can't even speak good Somali. It makes perfect sense. Ma fahmin meesha ku damqatay adiga. Ma dulligaas la baxay Boqor yaad ku qabiil tahay? meel baa ku xanuuntay miyaa saxib? Waxaan dhaliil lahayn yaad dhaliil u yeeshay tassoo cddaynaysa inaad jirran tahay.

If you share that Dulli by the name Boqor's sick clan bigotry, waxba ha is Qarin qudhaada. Iska cadayso.

We are sick of ill-raised losers who wouldn't be given a second to speak in real life for their ignobility and ignorance but who take advantage of the online anonymity and slander Somalis.

Xalaal ayaa badankeen nalagu so koriyay iyo Akhlaaq wanaagsan,. So it is a challenge to deal with faithless and classless Somalis who neither respect God nor Xeer online and assail our clans.

Waa dadan dhaqan fiican lagu soo korin oo been iyo xaraam lagu asqariyay.

Yes, In defense of a Somali clan's honor after some ignoble insulted them by claiming they can't even speak good Somali. It makes perfect sense. Ma fahmin meesha ku damqatay adiga. Ma dulligaas la baxay Boqor yaad ku qabiil tahay? meel baa ku xanuuntay miyaa saxib? Waxaan dhaliil lahayn yaad dhaliil u yeeshay tassoo cddaynaysa inaad jirran tahay.

If you share that Dulli by the name Boqor's sick clan bigotry, waxba ha is Qarin qudhaada. Iska cadayso.

We are sick of ill-raised losers who wouldn't be given a second to speak in real life for their ignobility and ignorance but who take advantage of the online anonymity and slander Somalis.

Xalaal ayaa badankeen nalagu so koriyay iyo Akhlaaq wanaagsan,. So it is a challenge to deal with faithless and classless Somalis who neither respect God nor Xeer online and assail our clans.

Waa dadan dhaqan fiican lagu soo korin oo been iyo xaraam lagu asqariyay.

War ma jirni i dhaaf niyow. Hadalkeygii qeybtii horre was directed at Boqor :gucciwhat:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
For many years, in somnet i used to talk about the Somali Legend Poet Elmi Bodheri. I didn't know anything about him except that he was a Somali poet. I like the notion of a Somali famous Poet so much that i incorporated his name in character in my somnet Story burlesque, by calling myself Mrs. Basra Elmi Bodheri. Then recently i watched a YouTube a Somali broadcaster for Intergrated TV who went to xamar and reported about Elmi Bodheri. She went up to his little store with his name on on top of the door. She asked locals if they knew the legend. It happens that he fell inlove with a Hodan, and it never happened so he died later of heart broken? Not sure if it is myth or Fact, but the coincidence of me obsessing about Elmi Bodheri and not knowing anything about him, and then later watching a report about him was more than a coincident? Cataclysmic perhaps?

For many years, in somnet i used to talk about the Somali Legend Poet Elmi Bodheri. I didn't know anything about him except that he was a Somali poet. I like the notion of a Somali famous Poet so much that i incorporated his name in character in my somnet Story burlesque, by calling myself Mrs. Basra Elmi Bodheri. Then recently i watched a YouTube a Somali broadcaster for Intergrated TV who went to xamar and reported about Elmi Bodheri. She went up to his little store with his name on on top of the door. She asked locals if they knew the legend. It happens that he fell inlove with a Hodan, and it never happened so he died later of heart broken? Not sure if it is myth or Fact, but the coincidence of me obsessing about Elmi Bodheri and not knowing anything about him, and then later watching a report about him was more than a coincident? Cataclysmic perhaps?

He is true Legend and Radio Muqdisho used to run the story. I was told it was very popular hour of the week and most City residents followed their story. Cilmi is from North Somalia, so was Hodan. Every society has their tragic love stories in their folklore and Somalis were blessed to have Cilmi and Hodan. He died of a forelorn heart, and so she was. Legend has it that she found herself on his grave at the time of her death.

Somalis in the future should make a movie of their story. His poems are classic Somali poems. Orator, knowledgeable, and gifted in poetry, he left us treasure troves to admire for generations to come.

Boodhari is so real that the bakery shop where he first run into Hodan still runs in Berbera. Here is an NPR coverage of the story.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105226981

somalibakery1_200-3b430d03a6597b73fd957dc6bc4e5ee20dd735b7-s400-c85.jpg

Nour Haban, who now runs the Bodhari Modern Bakery in Berbera, Somalia, stands in front of the shop where Somali poet Elmi Bodheri first saw the subject of his now-famous poems. The Somali language was not officially written until the early 1970s and, in many ways, remains inexact. Today, Somalis use a number of different spellings of the poet's name. Brendan Bannon for NPR hide caption toggle caption Brendan Bannon for NPR

War ma jirni i dhaaf niyow. Hadalkeygii qeybtii horre was directed at Boqor :gucciwhat:

Doqontaada waa la saxaa saxib. Waa ku mahadsan tahay qaybta hore ee hadalkaada ee ku socotay Xoolahaas la baxay Boqor cuqdada dullaysay. Laakiin qaybta dambee hadalkaada loma baahnayn. In the least, Hawiye is composed of many clans and if they happen to have poets hailing from sub clans of hawiye, and some of them were posted, you should see that as Hawiye poets since that dude slighted Hawiye collectively.

Anyways, we should value Somali dhaqan and correct our less than intelligent adults who suffer from an inferiority complex and or lack of moral fiber in their being. There is no reason to insult a Somali clan as some make habit of doing that on this medium where foreigners and everyone comes to chat with Somalis.

We need stay dignified as Somalis.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Best Case Sceniro

Thank you. That was very interesting and educating. I did however hear Hodan's where abouts was unknown. I believe rumor had it that she was married off and had many children.

Status
Not open for further replies.