My Experience being ‘homeless’ as a girl

I hate to break it to you guys but abusive families kicking children out for bad behaviour is not normal.

I am glad that you are doing better now, and hope you are in a good place with your family.

Last edited:
So ofc y’all already know the story about how I got kicked out a lot for arguing or fighting with my siblings. I think between 11-12 grade they dgaf and would just grab me by my neck when I said one word out of place and throw me out 💀

Anyway before I would wait on the stairwell and cry and tantrum until they let me in after 3 or 4 hours but the loitering was getting bad so I had to start getting creative lol here are some of my fav moments

One time I wasn’t sure what to do so I would just take random busses anywhere they went until it stopped working, it was 1 or 2am and the middle of winter and the train and buses were closed. So I stayed in the bus station which has a roof and heating until 4am where I caught a bus home. I would rate the experience a 2/10, glad I wore hijab lol

Another is when I discovered the university building and figured out that if I stay before the doors lock and it’s in an isolated part of the building no one is going to tell you to leave, so in case something happens y’all consider going to a university and act like a student lol I’d rate this one a 9/10 this became my go to place and I can say I went to uni before 18 lol downside is the doors lock after a certain time so I tried to make sure to get kicked out before it turned 10pm 😂

And last but not least the icing on the cake of the caasi is ofc a homeless shelter loolll literally the scariest experience, this happened as an adult (thank god) I signed up for a bed before the cut off time and was able to get a bag. There were WAY less ppl in the womens line than the mens, I noticed a lady giving me the crazy eyes almost as soon as I got there and ofc I was in the bed next to her but I was too upset to care lol I went to sleep and woke up to her staring into my soul like this while lying down

View attachment 310604

Biggest jumpscare of my life 😂 I would rate this experience a 1/10, my god I hope I never find myself in that situation again

Haven’t been homeless since alhamdulilah 🙏
You’re a caasiwaliid and an abuser of your siblings. Yet everyone managed to gloss over that and there are dooqons in here praising you, we as a community are screwed big time

So ofc y’all already know the story about how I got kicked out a lot for arguing or fighting with my siblings. I think between 11-12 grade they dgaf and would just grab me by my neck when I said one word out of place and throw me out 💀

Anyway before I would wait on the stairwell and cry and tantrum until they let me in after 3 or 4 hours but the loitering was getting bad so I had to start getting creative lol here are some of my fav moments

One time I wasn’t sure what to do so I would just take random busses anywhere they went until it stopped working, it was 1 or 2am and the middle of winter and the train and buses were closed. So I stayed in the bus station which has a roof and heating until 4am where I caught a bus home. I would rate the experience a 2/10, glad I wore hijab lol

Another is when I discovered the university building and figured out that if I stay before the doors lock and it’s in an isolated part of the building no one is going to tell you to leave, so in case something happens y’all consider going to a university and act like a student lol I’d rate this one a 9/10 this became my go to place and I can say I went to uni before 18 lol downside is the doors lock after a certain time so I tried to make sure to get kicked out before it turned 10pm 😂

And last but not least the icing on the cake of the caasi is ofc a homeless shelter loolll literally the scariest experience, this happened as an adult (thank god) I signed up for a bed before the cut off time and was able to get a bag. There were WAY less ppl in the womens line than the mens, I noticed a lady giving me the crazy eyes almost as soon as I got there and ofc I was in the bed next to her but I was too upset to care lol I went to sleep and woke up to her staring into my soul like this while lying down

View attachment 310604

Biggest jumpscare of my life 😂 I would rate this experience a 1/10, my god I hope I never find myself in that situation again

Stay in a Tim's or McDonald's at night and during day time go to a library .

Get a gym membership to take shower and shit .

Done that been there sister life is fuckeeed up and somali families in the west tend to be more messed up .

I hate to break it to you guys but abusive families kicking children out for bad behaviour is not normal.

I am glad that you are doing better now, and hope you are in a good place with your family.
Yeah I figured that wasn’t normal when I would see girls 10X worse than me sitting pretty at home 😂

Last edited:

View attachment 310604

May allah make it easy for you ❤️
Hate it when I see my people suffer like this man

It's rampant in Toronto so many young Mali's struggling and families just kick them to the curb .

Minnesota is like this as well .
I’ve heard many cases in Toronto wallahi
I’m confused on what’s going on but it’s really sad. Just saw a video a Somali homeless on Twitter and Toronto Somalis are saying it’s common now.

I’ve heard many cases in Toronto wallahi
I’m confused on what’s going on but it’s really sad. Just saw a video a Somali homeless on Twitter and Toronto Somalis are saying it’s common now.

Families don't want to raise they kids and if your not studying to become a doctor or engineer the parents want you out .

Also the parents are losers with shit jobs but want their kids to be A BIG SHOT so they can show off their kids and make money off them .

Trending

Latest posts