My Economic Laws In PL

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
If I was running PL, I would put before parliament urgent labour laws and begin setting minimum wage, the minimum wage should not fall below a certain target, I would be flexible of course and ensure there is minimum wage laws flexibly rurally or urban following the cost of living. Why I would do this? To spurt growth in the market, more income in the locals hand leads to more spending and residual net-growth for industries.

Rather then one man having a million dollar business and keeping it to himself, that one rich person will only spend once in the market, but thru my law, it would ensure his wealth is spread to the worker so now you will have basically more consumers in the market. An example of this is, let's say food, one rich person will only consume once a month, where-as if his wealth was spread out to the worker, it would lead to more people spending on food. The market will enjoy more customers then just one rich person.

The other reason why I think it's wise to increase wages is, our economy power will not keep up with the rest of the world if people income is low, their will be no drive for any company to come and invest if there is no large consumer market. The only way to develop a consumer market is thru labour laws. The reason Somalia is poor is our rich people do not pay enough to workers, it leads to a small income, less spending, and eventually a small economy. By increasing their wages, their excess money will now fuel other industries to be born to service them like construction, services, tech, etc. This is the only way to fuel business growth across the market is to increase consumers and the only way to increase consumers is thru laws ensuring companies pay according to the economic rules. The economic rule should be about growing the market not growing a business man interest. U want more businesses to respond to the extra consumer.

The other thing is our economy GDP will naturally reflect this growth but more importantly our money as a whole will increase and we can start affording global products which we can't now because we have an economy of a few rich and millions poor, the middle class is totally empty which is the consumer pool. If our GDP is large, our purchasing power is strong also. Things that seemed impossible for us to buy in the foreign market, become realistic because we have the money now. The taxation of the govt will rise up and we can finally deliver on public projects without the need for aid or charity. The reason we rely on aid n charity is cause we have no economic policy to turn these peasants into middle class, we have a de-regulated market.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Why u think foreign businesses are only interested in natural resources of Somalia? they know they're is no consumer here worthy enough of their services or goods, so why isn't the govt ensuring the consumer grows and he can grow, tell those rich people to pay a certain amount, we must calculate this certain amount and multiply it to ensure it leads to the type of spending we want each year in our market place. That's when more businesses will rush in, finally their is a customer pool worth servicing, more industries will open up.

A good economy ensures their capitalist and rich folks know it's in the market interest that the peasants become middle class and they must contribute to that when paying wages following the govt economic vision to transform the economy.

Good points Dr, I fully agree. Some things need to change first. if we raise taxes on the wealthy, the government will just steal the money. We need Draconian laws against corruption first, even death penalties if very large sums are stolen. Government mps should get a paycut , presidents should get paycuts . The overall size of the government needs to reduce like getting rid of some government department

This guy makes laugh.

He asks like "Why is Puntland NOT doing this or that?" Well, I got news for you, P&O Ports gave Puntland leaders a total of 22 million dollars to clear the land near Bosaso Port so the landowners can be compensated for the expansion of the port. Guess what, Puntland leaders pocketed the money. And now when Deni went to Dubai, they told him 'Have you cleared the land yet?'... :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

So now Deni is stuck, he can't find the funds to move these people off the land so the Project can start, and P&O Port won't start unless the whole port area is cordoned off and secured and a buffer zone. They are scared that another of their man could get killed.

So to answer you question, Puntland is too F*** poor to clear land near the Bosaso Port, let alone dream about labour laws and minimum wages. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This guy makes laugh.

He asks like "Why is Puntland NOT doing this or that?" Well, I got news for you, P&O Ports gave Puntland leaders a total of 22 million dollars to clear the land near Bosaso Port so the landowners can be compensated for the expansion of the port. Guess what, Puntland leaders pocketed the money. And now when Deni went to Dubai, they told him 'Have you cleared the land yet?'... :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

So now Deni is stuck, he can't find the funds to move these people off the land so the Project can start, and P&O Port won't start unless the whole port area is cordoned off and secured and a buffer zone. They are scared that another of their man could get killed.

So to answer you question, Puntland is too F*** poor to clear land near the Bosaso Port, let alone dream about labour laws and minimum wages. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

If PL is so poor why do u invest so much energy. Do U see me caring about SL economy when I know your workers do jobs that even the average puntite 'looks down on'? that's when I realized there is no debate about PL/SL economy, our working class clearly do not seek the same type of employment.

Garowe middle income is $300 a month, $700 is upper class, while the lower class is on $150. That's why lots of your people leave to PL for work doing menial jobs because 1. No puntite will do it which shows clearly an economic superiority. 2. The wage must be good if their coming all the way down to PL for work.

That's why your like this about PL
:krs:

U know who does our menial jobs is from your region. U make good cooks, waiters in restaurant. Infact 3 isaaqs fought over my dad luggage in hargeisa, showing u how bad shit is over there. In Bosaso and Garowe no-one does that work, it's done by 'luggage carriers'. Not In Hargeisa though, that is like a lucrative market for Isaaq

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Passenger I know it's hurt u that your locals find PL markets more attractive for wages, heck they are even in Mogadishu also. This tears u apart that your locals are doing work other clans consider beneath them.

This also means u need to accept these markets are superior to yours or u will need to explain why your locals find jobs our locals don't do lucrative? the reason they find it lucrative is they are poorer then the average local in PL or Mog hence they take those jobs that those locals refuse to do.

That's why I want to increase wages and have a national labour law agency that passes laws to make wages attractive to our locals and that requires calculating the cost of living and housing to determine what sort of income is needed. I also want land cleared and designated to working class people so they can become home owners and have assets. Land prices will be sold below market rate to our middle class and the cost will reflect their income.

Affordable housing policies are needed to ensure this segment of society has access to affordable land and homes.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@PuntiteQueen will be happy cause in order for our locals to enjoy a job, we need to drastically reduce cheaper labour sources who sneak in, under-cut wages to such an extent it makes the industry not appealing to our workers. So yes deportation of southies/hargeisa folk is mandatory and reducing foreign workers at the same time and forcing companies to pay wages reflecting PL economic vision.

We want locals hired and then we want locals investing in properties and this policy can achieve it if it becomes a law of the land. A job to a local brings chain effect across the market where-as with a foreigner or southy/hargeisa idp they send that money back to their lands, their not creating or fueling any industries to grow by staying here. Deportation not in the name of hate but in the name of preserving our market to locals.

I also urge Mogadishu to do the same, clear out the cheap labour which is in the millions in camps, send them back home, save your market for mogadishu locals. Also restrict hargeisa people who come from poorer market and will drastically reduce wages making it also unpopular for your locals to work and invest. This will force companies now to pay 'above market rates' or else risk not doing business anymore.

Once we clear our the excess cheap labour in PL, we will sit down with industry and govt and work out how we can realize this dream of creating a middle class. So yes when I walk past those camps or see that hargeisa kid in my restaurant, I see this as someone stealing money from my market and fueling his own market with it, he isn't investing in our land, nor is that southy, he sending it to bay/bakool/shabellaha

Last edited:
Somaliland is very poor indeed. But we do not dream about unrealistic fantasies when we know our limitations. We need to worry about basic things in life before we venture into labour laws and minimum wages issues. Wage and labour issues is a developed country problems.

The whole of Africa is f*** poor and live off $1 or less.

" Affordable housing policies are needed to ensure this segment of society has access to affordable land and homes. "

There is no such thing as affordable housing or land. The first government official that has access to that cheap land, will totally and personally own it out right. It is a zero-sum game. You need to come down to reality.

You need to understand the problem before you try to fix it. There is no land shortage issue, but rather the issue is about corruption, mismanagement and greed.

This guy is a joke.

Anyone who speaks northren accent is not necessarily an Isaaq. There many thousands or if not hundreds of thousands from South Somalia who reside in Somaliland, specially from Mogadishu and Bay & Bakool regions.

My dad used to rent a rental property to a Southern family for close to 10 years. The kids returned to Mogadishu around 2017 with a perfect and complete Hargeisa accent and attitude. These kids will obviously have a tough time assimilating into their former native Muqdisho.

And besides we have the minority clans and even Dhulbahante who will pass as Isaaq if you didn't know better.

So I take your claims with spoonful of salt. B/c I don't buy an Isaaq man will find anything useful in a village like Garowe or Bosaso, when he has metropolitan cities bustling cities like Hargeisa and Burco.

In terms of economy, it is like comparing Ethiopia to Djibouti. "Made in Somaliland' Products fill up shelves in Puntland shops. That is huge indicator of the one sided trade between Somaliland and Puntland.

Your people break into Somaliland owned businesses in Puntland and steal money. :ftw9nwa: :ftw9nwa:

https://puntlandtimes.ca/2020/08/pu...ka-dambeysay-dhaca-xawaalado-kuyaala-garoowe/

Trending

Latest posts