My biggest pet peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somali restaurants that are out of bananas or can't make you a particular dish you want after a certain time for whatever ridiculous reason

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Somali restaurants that are out of bananas or can't make you a particular dish you want after a certain time for whatever ridiculous reason

I've been faced with the banana issue. I left and went to Jack Astor's instead.:francis:

I've been faced with the banana issue. I left and went to Jack Astor's instead.:francis:

Why do they take us for granted?

Somali restaurants also have a lot non Somali customers. Their menu should be fully available. This is not how you run a business.

But Somalis bootyclap for them and rush to their tables to provide them more service then us. I once came in and wasn't served for over 15 minutes and the owner saw me. But when some white couple came in, he went to them before they even decided on what table to sit at. They were served before me. And I was a regular but left that place. The owner saw me outside months later and asked where I was. I just said "I'm still in the city. Never left"

Duchess

VIP
Why do they take us for granted?

Somali restaurants also have a lot non Somali customers. Their menu should be fully available. This is not how you run a business.

But Somalis bootyclap for them and rush to their tables to provide them more service then us. I once came in and wasn't served for over 15 minutes and the owner saw me. But when some white couple came in, he went to them before they even decided on what table to sit at. They were served before me. And I was a regular but left that place. The owner saw me outside months later and asked where I was. I just said "I'm still in the city. Never left"

I went to Istar a few months back. It's open 24/7 so I went after midnight with a friend from out of town. We were the only people there, but it took these suckers nearly half an hour to serve us. :hova:

Check out Xawaash if you're in Toronto. It has an odd location ( near Woodbine Center) but the service is just :lawd:. They upped the game for Somali restaurants.

Q

Queen Carawelo

I had to go and buy Banana on several occasions because there was bomb ass bariis, bisbaas, salad but no banana at the house :francis:

Lucky for me they have never ran out banana at the Somali restaurants I went to.

Q

Queen Carawelo

I went to Istar a few months back. It's open 24/7 so I went after midnight with a friend from out of town. We were the only people there, but it took these suckers nearly half an hour to serve us. :hova:

Check out Xawaash if you're in Toronto. It has an odd location ( near Woodbine Center) but the service is just :lawd:. They upped the game for Somali restaurants.
Xawaash? Did the couple who had the GOAT somali recipe site open a restaurant? I will fly in just to eat their food, they taught me several recipes. :lawd:

Duchess

VIP
Xawaash? Did the couple who had the GOAT somali recipe site open a restaurant? I will fly in just to eat their food, they taught me several recipes. :lawd:

Yup. They spent their Youtube money wisely.

xawaash.jpg

o.jpg

Duchess

VIP
Wow, it looks clean. How's their menu?

Food is nice ( their shawarma is :lawd:), but portions are small compared to the typical Somali restaurant and more pricey.

The owners are very friendly and actually care about their customers.They're spoiling us.:mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts