My aabo want me to have an "Entanglement"

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I just had to use the word entanglement:lolbron:

Jokes aside, my parents have instilled in us to not date while in school, at least not until we get our bachelors. So I've been faithfully curving abdis/men to heed their advice.

Earlier this year, I decided a career in the health field is not for me and switch to Environmental Biology. My aabo doesn't approve of my decision. He says it is dangerous for a girl do a job that requires travelling away from home for weeks/months and working in remote areas (I want to specialize in wildlife conservation inshAllah). I understand his concern but this is my passion and I am willing to take that risk. I am also positive he'll come around once he sees I am doing a great job.

Anyway, the other day he tells me he gave his friend's son my phone number and wants me to get to know him. I reminded him I have two years to finish my undergrad but he insists I "just talk to the guy and 2years is nothing." Personally, I think he is panicking because he sees my career decision as a reflection of me losing my somali dhaqan.

What should I do?

1596344080109.png

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
How do you expect to get married, if you’re not willing to have a phone call with a potential suitor

The issue is not talking to a potential suitor.
My aabo is only bringing up this marriage talk because he thinks I am throwing my life away by going into "a career not suitable for a gabar" his words.

Before that it was, do not entertain men until you finish school
:shookgabre:

My aabo is only bringing up this marriage talk because he thinks I am throwing my life away by going into "a career not suitable for a gabar" his words.

Before that it was, do not entertainen until you finish school
I can come and liberate you, and travel the world together :westbrookswag:

Before that it was, do not entertain men until you finish school
Nope. Entertain the good ones. It gets harder after graduation.

I didn’t speak to guys when I was in undergrad. I kinda regret it now. To be fair though, I was more “religious” back then and was heavily involved with the MSA. If you’re seen with a guy they would start talking. I made up for it by being more social after university. That + I’m honestly better looking now. :mjlol: :trumpsmirk:
Anyways sis, if you see a good brother while in school, it wouldn’t hurt to talk to him.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts