GENETICS My 23 and me results

Isn’t ethiopian a nationality tho???? They might be categorizing your somali ancestors from Ogaden as “ethnically ethiopian”

this is why this DNA thing is silly with this company, they say ethiopian/eriterian but we know ethiopia alone has 87 ethnic groups with 87 languages and eriteria has 9 languages with 9 ethnic groups,

bengali? dont even get me started, indian has a state called bangal with hindi, muslims etc , even ones who worship pagan deities,

its really hard to say yuo are from this country specially with nations that has so many different ethnic groups,

Apollo

VIP
this is why this DNA thing is silly with this company, they say ethiopian/eriterian but we know ethiopia alone has 87 ethnic groups with 87 languages and eriteria has 9 languages with 9 ethnic groups,

bengali? dont even get me started, indian has a state called bangal with hindi, muslims etc , even ones who worship pagan deities,

its really hard to say yuo are from this country specially with nations that has so many different ethnic groups,

Ethiopians are related to each other.

Only difference they have is different percentages of Omotic, Nilote, Cushitic, or Semitic.

And 23andMe does not use Somali Ethiopians for their Ethiopian category. Only ''mainstream'' Ethiopians (West-Central Oromos, Sidama types, and Amharas mainly).

Many Somalis got specifically 5.2 % Ethiopian admixtures after the new update, which I think is an ancient component they've carried for a long time. Maybe Ethiopians carry a higher percentage of this component, so the system automatically makes that cluster to be of Ethiopian population-like source.

Either way, their algorithm doesn't capture the complexities of the differentiated intricate, yet similar structures of the ancient admixtures in Somali individuals, and between other closely related Northeast African populations.

This is due to negligible research on Horner DNA and the un-sophisticated algorithm of the biotechnology firm. They should spend more money on improving their systems by funding real research rather than what seems to be an expensive yet very effective marketing strategy.

But this suugo-theory is improbable if we apply Occam's Razor.:icon lol:

Apollo

VIP
I just want to say, since I got 12% ethio/eri, 23andMe is fake news.Tell your neighbors.

Since you are from Djibouti, it could be a signal of Afar admixture. Weirdly enough, Afars have high affinities with other Ethiopians vs with Somalis BUT at the same time they are the closest ''Ethiopian'' group to Somalis. Odd.

Trending

Latest posts