Muslims, I need your input

Status
Not open for further replies.

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
Sahih Bukhari

Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234

Your reflection is much appreciated

yawn. the marriage of ayesha to the prophet has been done to death. ayesha transmitted thousands of hadiths over her life time and taught the religion long after the prophet died. And when the prophet died, he died in her arms. There has never been a love story as strong as them.

Do you have a love life amr ibn hisham? lool

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
yawn. the marriage of ayesha to the prophet has been done to death. ayesha transmitted thousands of hadiths over her life time and taught the religion long after the prophet died. And when the prophet died, he died in her arms. There has never been a love story as strong as them.

I do but it's Ramadan so I have to abstain from it during the day hours

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham

A six year old child can't consent to a "love life". That's sick and discusting

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
Is there a reason for there marriage? Political? Religious? Or was it just random? Because it doesn't make sense to me.
I don't know the reason but think about a 50-something bearded, robed man lusting after a six year old child playing with dolls. And then think about 1.5b people that think that's ok. That's the thing the bothers me the most.

There's no doubt that Ayesha was a child pride but I don't think it's appropriate to judge Muhammed marriage to Ayesha by modern moral standards. Hell, even today in developing countries, child marriages is common place. So, it's no shock that in Medieval Arabia child marriages was common too. The only issue is Muhammed was no modern man. He was a Prophet and an exemplar whose conduct is a shining guide for all times. Given this, his marriage to prepuscent Ayesha was morally reprehensible.

But I don't believe Muhammed was a prophet of god, so I will not judge him.

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
There's no doubt that Ayesha was a child pride but I don't think it's appropriate to judge Muhammed marriage to Ayesha by modern moral standards. Hell, even today in developing countries, child marriages is common place. So, it's no shock that in Medieval Arabia child marriages was common too. The only issue is Muhammed was no modern man. He was a Prophet and an exemplar whose conduct is a shining guide for all times. Given this, his marriage to prepuscent Ayesha was morally reprehensible.

But I don't believe Muhammed was a prophet of god, so I will not judge him.
You don't think he was a prophet of god but 1.6b people think he was, so that's irrelevant.

Most western Muslims will deny it completely. If only they could see that Islam is just like the other 4k religions that exist today. A lie .

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
Most western Muslims will deny it completely. If only they could see that Islam is just like the other 4k religions that exist today. A lie .
Wanna hear something funny and sad? Western Muslims are so ashamed of their religion that they have to make up facts of their own (i.e. Aisha was actually 14 etc.). The thing they're eager to defend is so indefensible that they have to lie.

Wanna hear something funny and sad? Western Muslims are so ashamed of their religion that they have to make up facts of their own (i.e. Aisha was actually 14 etc.). The thing they're eager to defend is so indefensible that they have to lie.
I appreciate the work you're doing here on SS to liberate these xoolos minds

A rational person would have a simply solutions to the above problem, of course. If I were a Muslim I would:

-First, acknowledge the incontrovertible fact that Islam is medieval religion
-Second, as a medieval religion it's imbued with medieval ideas
-Third, as a midieval religion it requires you to behave in a misdeal ways
-Fourth, as we live in the 21st century, we should eschew the medieval bits and try to reconcile Islam with the 21st centur.

Instead, Muslims try to square a circle: they want to live in a modern world with all the modern trappings but idealize medieval lifestyle. No wonder they're confused and given to conspiracy theories. It's a comforting escape.

A rational person would have a simply solutions to the above problem, of course. If I were a Muslim I would:

-First, acknowledge the incontrovertible fact that Islam is medieval religion
-Second, as a medieval religion it's imbued with medieval ideas
-Third, as a midieval religion it requires you to behave in a misdeal ways
-Fourth, as we live in the 21st century, we should eschew the medieval bits and try to reconcile Islam with the 21st centur.

Instead, Muslims try to square a circle: they want to live in a modern world with all the modern trappings but idealize medieval lifestyle. No wonder they're confused and given to conspiracy theories. It's a comforting escape.
But Muslims believe islam is never changing, the way islam was practiced than should be the way its practiced now because humans change but god never changes.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
@axmedxajiisback

Are you the same guy who kept on insulting our prophet (peace be upon him) ? what's your objective here ? to cast doubts in our religion ? to prove to us that your decision of leaving diinta was the right one and we should follow you ?

Most western Muslims will deny it completely. If only they could see that Islam is just like the other 4k religions that exist today. A lie

So you do admit to your gaalnimo ? If islam is a lie then why do cling to it? so you're an atheist after all @fardowsa looks like you were right

If you are sincere...
You're an idiot.

The prophet and his messages are supposed to be timeless.

His message and Sunnah were for mankind until the end.

The logic is so simple a child would easily grasp it. Either:

(a) His actions/sunnah and message are not timeless.

(b) Or his actions/sunnah and message are timeless.

If (a), then Islam expired; if (b), then paedophilia is OK.

Make your choice carefully. One... two... three... Go. :icon arrow:

@axmedxajiisback

Are you the same guy who kept on insulting our prophet (peace be upon him) ? what's your objective here ? to cast doubts in our religion ? to prove to us that your decision of leaving diinta was the right one and we should follow you ?

So you do admit to your gaalnimo ? If islam is a lie then why do cling to it? so you're an atheist after all @fardowsa looks like you were right
Its not what it looks like..

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
You're an idiot.

The prophet and his messages are supposed to be timeless.

His message and Sunnah were for mankind until the end.

The logic is so simple a child would easily grasp it. Either:

(a) His actions/sunnah and message are not timeless.

(b) Or his actions/sunnah and message are timeless.

If (a), then Islam expired; if (b), then paedophilia is OK.

Make your choice carefully. One... two... three... Go. :icon arrow:

No it's your argument which is completely flawed, i find it rather funny that as an atheist you pass moral judgements considering that you don't believe in objective morality. Since moral judgements are subjective and can't be proven to be either right or wrong how did you come to an objective conclusion regarding the marriage ? if it doesn't sit well with you why should your opinion matter to us ? why should your subjective view on morality be taken as the standard that we have to judge by ?

I assume that you believe that morality has nothing to do with God and that it's dependent on the person and culture. So technically speaking what's morally right or wrong to you is different to another person. We each have our way to determine what's morally right or wrong so when our views on morality clash why in the world should i or any other muslim take yours as the standard ? My morality is based on the Quran and Sunnah yours is based on whatever your limited intellect is convinced off why should yours matter to me ?

Judging the marriage based on your own self defined moral values and expecting us to agree with it is what i call delusion.

Its not what it looks like..

Please do explain

If all religions are a lie islam included how are you a muslim? you can't be an atheist and a believer it's a logical impossibility its like claiming you're dead and alive at the same time.

Last edited:

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
If you are sincere...

Thanks for your input. I have more questions.
- So if you can excuse Muhammad's marriage to a six year old as common place in 7th century Arabia (and world), why can't you excuse every other action as 7th century norms and not follow them? Isn't Muhammad a prophet for all time and shouldn't he have been the one person to know better than 7th century people?

A six year old child can't consent to a "love life". That's sick and discusting

she was 9 when she was married. Guess how old was the mother of jesus was when she got married. 12 years old. ayesha's father is none other than the prophet's best friend, the first caliph and the greatest muslim ever after prophets.

Women those days got married young. They had the maturity level of 20 year old girls of today. seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts