"Muslim Coptic" Youtuber makes a video speaking the Coptic language!!

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
he’s struggling a lot, and yeah it does sound ugly to the ears ngl.

too many N Z EKH DA sounds

Is this another of those bizarre Coptic nationalists who deny their recent Arabized identity?.

Someone must comment under his vid that his Egyptian Arabic accent will never go away, even if he learns another language or moves to a different country.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Is this another of those bizarre Coptic nationalists who deny their recent Arabized identity?.

Someone must comment under his vid that his Egyptian Arabic accent will never go away, even if he learns another language or moves to a different country.
Do you identify as black or Arab? :farmajoyaab:

Apollo

VIP
@kobe

He is probably not a real native speaker. It is like those 3rd gen Somalis in the West butchering Af-Somali. So you can't judge a language through that.

For real Coptic pronunciation, the best speakers are some of those Coptic priests.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Egyptian Arabic dialect was influenced by the Coptic language, many words in Egyptian dialect are Coptic in origin.

The Egyptian language doesn't sound ugly, sounds like there's a lot of mispronunciation tbf.

Egyptian language could only be revived with a Top-down Gov't approach(Israel-style). It's not comparable to other North African countries that still have sizeable L1 Berber-speaking populations, such as Morocco(40-50%) & Algeria(~30%) and have a much better chance in promoting the native languages there & only need more gov't collaboration.

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Interesting. I didn't know this. Thank you for correcting my mistake.

Apparently there are more Turkish words than Coptic words in the Egyptian dialect, which is not surprising since they where ruled by Turkish speaking rulers for around 800 years (Mamluks, Ottoman, Muhammad Ali Pasha's family)

EbXU8NUXgAABmX2.jpg

Coptic nationalists are delusional. I argued with a lot of them on twitter who claim Muslim Egyptians are Arab invaders and not indigenous. Egyptian Arabic will never go extinct.

Trending

Latest posts