Museveni Threatens to Withdraw Ugandan Forces from Somalia

If HG, the most militarily capable Hawiye subclan, are struggling with Alshabab on flat terrain in Mudug and Galgaduud, what chance do D&M, Abgaal, Xawaadle stand in front of Alshabab?

The minute Amisom leave Alshabab will already be shelling Villa Somalia with mortars. The SNA these people expect to fight after Amisom will all retreat down the highways from Bay, Hiiraan and Lower Shabelle into Mogadishu and try to secure a perimeter for a month or two before they begin to surrender en masse.

Hawiye will go from this:

5RJooaf.jpg

to this:

Z43eBay.jpg

faster than you can blink.
The west does not want to get rid of al shabaab, they want to continue the occupation. They need to leave and make way for the capable Turks to assist the SNA get rid of them.

They are not trying to get rid of them they are keeping them going.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
They won't do that because they're worried that the soldiers they'll pay for won't exist/ be paid. I remember a few years back when turkey donated police uniforms and the officers started selling them.

Somalia is the most corrupt country in the world sxb.
not even close to most corrupt but yeah its pretty bad. Maybe if we didn't try to screw farmajjo, the guy who rebuilt the country and reorganized the military, we wouldn't be in such a mess.

Amisom is doing nothing besides holding positions. All the ground work is being conducted by the SNA. Even if Amisom leaves I don't think we would end up like Afghanistan. Not that quickly at least

It will take them some time, but as the Ugandan ambassador said, the solution for Somalia is not rocket science, the politicans has to stop their squabbles and infighting so the country can focus on building a cohesioen army that can be a reliable fighting force.

World

VIP
Remember when I told yall Somalia will be deserted by the West like Afghanistan if they dont fix up? They already made a deal with Taliban what makes you think they wont negotiate with AS. The time of western propoing up failed governments is soon expiring and we better get our shit together or we will be overrun.
Taliban is a nationalist group, they have never had any aspirations outside of the borders of Afghanistan. They have never attacked neighbouring countries, and are much more moderate. Al Shabab is an internationally controlled khawarij Jihadi group who want to control not just Somalia but the entire East Africa and beyond. They will NEVER be treated like the Taliban.

the sna is clan militias on government payroll. they will rarely heavily fight across clan territories to fight shabab. and when there is clan beef @Thegoodshepherd pointed out they will not absorb a rival clan militia. compared to shabab who defeated multiple militias and some surrendered while they absorbed others or parts of them. somaliland are happy to absorb rival militia. same with puntland. they will absorb a rival militia and put them on their payroll. the only fighting force that doesnt resemble a national army is sna.

Nah I don't think that's true the SNA has been on records fighting along clan lines depending on the circumstances.

As long as AS is affiliated with al qaeda the americans will never negotiate with them - maybe if they disavow them, like the Taliban did.

But it's funny how the americans are willing to accept and negotiate with the Taliban and their elite terrorist and intelligence part the Haqqani terrorists, that is literally like Al-Shabab and on their terrorist list.

Bit they are okay with as long as their name is not Al qaeda.
It is all because of this doctrine

After 9/11 anyone who offered support or allegiance to Al-Qaeda is a legitimate target. That's how America ended up on a world wide war.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Please do, let them create a country themselves...

A country made through foreign assistance doesn't lasts Afghanistan was made by foreigners similar to Somalia with foreign sponsored meetings in Djibouti and Somalia.

If it can survive without foreign assistance then so be it but if it crumble then it wasn't worth wasting money on.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I would prefer if they all left and real somalis take the EU pay to protect their country. To bad at this point the south is a mess and our own politicians cannot be trusted with our future.

As for the ugandans and KDF they can all get lost for all i care. They have a whole call of duty mission inspired by their military tactics of crawling in the ground in the presence of shabaab.

1631310319318.png

:pachah1: :russ:

Trending