Muammar Gaddafi - Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muammar al-Qaddafi, a 27-year-old Libyan army captain, leads a successful military coup against King Idris I of Libya. Idris was deposed and Qaddafi was named chairman of Libya’s new governing body, the Revolutionary Command Council.

No offence, but we have fellow Somali's in their late 20s on SSpot, when they could've done the same to Hassan Sheikh.

images(87).jpg

Gaddafi (AUN) when he was in power.

images(88).jpg

Photo taken during speech.

images(89).jpg

Jalle Siad Barre (AUN) with Gaddafi (AUN).

During Gaddafi's Reign

There was no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.

Having a home considered a human right in Libya.

All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.

Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.

If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.

If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.

The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.

If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.

A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.

40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15. 25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.

Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

Gaddafi is just like bashar. They value their power more than people. He might have been a good leader but at the end he screwed up. The media in the west might be very biased against him for their own interests, but many horrible things he did to his people are true. I think most lybians hate him. Education ,electricity bill and many other things were free simply because the country was soo rich. And he took a lot of wealth for himself and for his family. His family was running the country, not the people. He is not my ideal leader , just like all leaders. The good thing about him was that he told a lot of things that were true and he had some good visions. He cared about his people but he valued his power more than his people.

Gaddafi is just like bashar. They value their power more than people. He might have been a good leader but at the end he screwed up. The media in the west might be very biased against him for their own interests, but many horrible things he did to his people are true. I think most lybians hate him. Education ,electricity bill and many other things were free simply because the country was soo rich. And he took a lot of wealth for himself and for his family. His family was running the country, not the people. He is not my ideal leader , just like all leaders. The good thing about him was that he told a lot of things that were true and he had some good visions. He cared about his people but he valued his power more than his people.

I completely agree with you. But the moral of this thread is, if your country is run by corrupt leaders then why not have a military coup. Gaddafi reformed Libya during his first 10 years, the rest was to please and satisfy his own needs.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
f*ck hoeddafi:pacspit:
Thats fakkit stayed sabotaging our country not mention he sided with Ethiopia them libyans and yemen are getting just deserve I hope they have 500 years of civil war and all there population die off:pacspit:

image.jpeg
As Somali the only legacy I knew about him was standing beside Ethiopia not Somalia in 1977 plus barre did not give him the kind of respect that he got from other African countries which made him even madder. He was joke kind of bad one even in Sudan he financed South Sudan' s army. That' him in Mogadishu

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
View attachment 3904 As Somali the only legacy I knew about him was standing beside Ethiopia not Somalia in 1977 plus barre did not give him the kind of respect that he got from other African countries which made him even madder. He was joke kind of bad one even in Sudan he financed South Sudan' s army. That' him in Mogadishu
Ohh thats not the only thing he did he financed and trained the so called rebels who were causing instability in our country mind you this was in the 80s way after the war was over
:pacspit:
Karma is a he died with a pole stuck up his ass and his country is ripping itself apart:pachah1:
What goes around comes around hoeddafi:russ:

This thread is not to praise Gaddafi, if I was to praise someone, I'd praise Khalid Bin Walid RA. Khalid RA, was the first person in history to establish the Child Benefits System. Something the West found very useful, and for some reason neglected by Muslim countries.

The point of this thread is what would be the events if a coup d'etat happened in Somalia, Gaddafi was just 27 years of age, he got rid of the British presence, just the way we could get rid of Amisom, and would the people of Somalia be UNITED if this where to happen?

Quotes from his green book :
  • 1. “Women, like men, are human beings. This is an incontestable truth… Women are different from men in form because they are females, just as all females in the kingdom of plants and animals differ from the male of their species… According to gynecologists women, unlike men, menstruate each month… Since men cannot be impregnated they do not experience the ailments that women do. She breastfeeds for nearly two years.”
  • There is no state with a democracy except Libya on the whole planet

I am an international leader, the dean of the Arab rulers, the king of kings of Africa and the imam of Muslims, and my international status does not allow me to descend to a lower level.

Women must be trained to fight in houses, prepare explosive belts and blow themselves up alongside enemy soldiers. Anyone with a car must prepare it and know how to install explosives and turn it into a car-bomb. We must train women to place explosives in cars and blow them up in the midst of enemies, and blow up houses so that they can collapse on enemy soldiers. Traps must be prepared. You have seen how the enemy checks baggage: we must fix these suitcases in order for them to explode when they open them. Women must be taught to place mines in cupboards, bags, shoes, children's toys so that they explode on enemy soldiers.

Speech to the women of Sabha, October 4 2003; cited in ilfoglio.it

This thread is not to praise Gaddafi, if I was to praise someone, I'd praise Khalid Bin Walid RA. Khalid RA, was the first person in history to establish the Child Benefits System. Something the West found very useful, and for some reason neglected by Muslim countries.

The point of this thread is what would be the events if a coup d'etat happened in Somalia, Gaddafi was just 27 years of age, he got rid of the British presence, just the way we could get rid of Amisom, and would the people of Somalia be UNITED if this where to happen?
I dont think coup d'etat would work.
Shiekh hassan is not a dictator. He doesnt run the country. What is needed is a reform that will change the way the government works. If president hassan dies he will be replaced easily.The problems that exists will still be there.A revolution is needed. But people dont want either because they cant or that they are satisfied of how the government works.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Why are you so infatuated with coups and revolution? You do know we are not in 1969? Cant try that shit again, this aint Mauritania where they have coups every other week like its a TV show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending