Moving to London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
I live outside London, and I got a job offer but it's in London.

The salary isn't confirmed but it's between £25k and £30k.

I would have to bring a half of my family to London - they don't approve me living alone. :jcoleno:

If you were me, would you do it?

I would take it and I would come alone.

unless half your family also got job offers, I don't see why they need to tag along. living expenses in London aren't cheap and even if your salary is on the higher end of that range, you'll still be struggling. so there's no reason for your family to also move to London. just convince them that you'll be fine.

You won't be able to support a family
In London.... I suggest you sit them
Down and tell them that this is a great
Opportunity for you, but it's time to
Cut the strings, you're a grown man
Now.

Or you could commute to work like
The gaaalio do!

mrlog

VIP
30k is not a lot in Toronto.
After accommodation and ameneties, etc u're lucky if u are not overdrawn.
That's for a solo person by the way

I live outside London, and I got a job offer but it's in London.

The salary isn't confirmed but it's between £25k and £30k.

I would have to bring a half of my family to London - they don't approve me living alone. :jcoleno:

If you were me, would you do it?
How old are you lol. Why cant you live alone?

I wouldn't move for £30k. It's too expensive to live in London with that salary.

You'll be lucky if you are not in debt after tax, rent, and travel/living expenses.

VixR

Veritas
You know your situation best. If this is a job that'll help you along in the realm of experience, take it. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and build a base before you can expect anything better. But the consensus being that it's too expensive to live there with a family, dont move there with family. Either go alone and find roommates or relatives you can split living expenses with, or commute.

Don't bring the family with you unless you're making more then 30k, london is kinda high in rent. But if you wanna do benefit fraud thats another story.:mjohreally::russsmug:

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
We only move out with a husband or wife. Unless one of you volunteers, I gotta bring the family with me to London. :kendrickcry:

It also means cheaper rent via housing benefit, there's no need to cheat the government its all legal

We only move out with a husband or wife. Unless one of you volunteers, I gotta bring the family with me to London. :kendrickcry:

It also means cheaper rent via housing benefit, there's no need to cheat the government its all legal
I don't know how you're going to get housing benefit, honesty, but if you're living there rent free, you can manage alright since that's where most of your money would be going to otherwise. You could always try to find a better paying position as well while you still have this job.

What an overbearing family you have. Move out on your own, it sounds like you need the space and alone time.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
London is an amazing city to live and work in too bad its too expensive, i wouldn't move for that salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts