Most Somali women wish to have sons only

Do most Somali women wish for sons only?

• Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
A daughter is for life a son is yours until he finds a wife. :manny:
it's actually the complete opposite. Your daughter will become a mother soon which is a lot of responsibilty, she can't be around nearly as much as your son who is a father could.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
it's actually the complete opposite. Your daughter will become a mother soon which is a lot of responsibilty, she can't be around nearly as much as your son who is a father could.

Your daughter even if she becomes a mother will not forget you, she'll continue to call and keep up with what's going on (unless there is some familial discord/family dysfunction). While your son might focus exclusively on his spouse and sadly neglect you. :wtf:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Your daughter even if she becomes a mother will not forget you, she'll continue to call and keep up with what's going on. While your son might focus exclusively on his spouse and sadly neglect you. :wtf:
Nah that's cap. You're acting as if it's in your son's innate nature to neglect you, your son and your daughter have just as much of a chance of neglecting you. It really depends on how you raised them.

By assuming your son will focus exclusively on his spouse and neglect the mother is generalizing and you've probably been watching too many qiso about this. You're also generalizing by saying the daughter will never forget you and keep calling.

You're obviously extremely biased.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Nah that's cap. You're acting as if it's in your son's innate nature to neglect you, your son and your daughter have just as much of a chance of neglecting you. It really depends on how you raised them.

By assuming your son will focus exclusively on his spouse and neglect the mother is generalizing and you've probably been watching too many qiso about this. You're also generalizing by saying the daughter will never forget you and keep calling.

You're obviously extremely biased.

There is no need to get emotional with the paragraphs. Just make sure you don't raise a self-centered son. I'll still bank on a daughter to care for me in old age as it seems more likely. :russsmug:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
There is no need to get emotional with the paragraphs. Just make sure you don't raise a self-centered son. I'll still bank on a daughter to care for me in old age as it seems more likely. :russsmug:

There was nothing emotional about my paragraph. Bank on whoever you want, I just pray you don't have a son. For his sake of course.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
A daughter is for life a son is yours until he finds a wife. :manny:

Please elaborate, because a daughter becomes another man's responsibility but the Son is the heir of the house who carries the name.

The only reason some women prefer sons is because they never liked females growing up, mother-daughter jealousy is an unspoken reality :sass2:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It was “b1tch” Sister. I don’t know why it got censored. Girls call themselves “that b1tch” all the time

You're going to call the mother of your children, that.

giphy.gif

Daughter may potentially disgrace the family name, I saw it happen too many times. I rather have mostly sons and a few daughters. Daughters are cool at a younger age but in the long game the bets might go against you. Many woman are delaying marriage and can't find male spouses that match their criteria, so they decide to marry ajanabi or be forever alone. Raising a son in the west is high risk especially if the child isn't in a dual parent home and isn't taught discipline at a early age.

Gambar

VIP
Please elaborate, because a daughter becomes another man's responsibility but the Son is the heir of the house who carries the name.

The only reason some women prefer sons is because they never liked females growing up, mother-daughter jealousy is an unspoken reality :sass2:
Because daughters still feel a responsibility to their parents and help them out even if they have a family. Personally that’s what I do but I don’t think it’s cause I’m the daughter but because I’m the curad. My parents are still rather young though I’m more worried about my grandparents.

Would elderly parents move in with their daughter or son? Some Somali parents fail their sons as they treat them like sacsac not even trusting them to make their food lest they burn the house down. It happened when I was visiting a clan “Aunt”, my mom asked her if her son was handicab. :yloezpe:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Let's think tangibly like in the form of care giving (daughters provide more hours in this area even if they work full-time). We live in the west where the survival of family name doesn't mean much and why would a mother preoccupy herself with the carrying on of the family name (when it's not hers to pass on).

Mothers are harsher on daughters. Fathers are harsher on sons. It's all about disciplining the child to make them ready for the world. Its less work for the Mother if she has a son.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I prefer a son may God bless me one, he shall carry my noble name and I shall be remembered in future abtirsi, for a daughter you raise her good and well for her future husband, the moment she gets married shes no longer your reer but the.husband's reer.

It happened in the civil war where mothers of a rival clan would inform their husbands about their clansmens secrets siding with the clan of their children over their own.

In my experience, for somali parents its the daughters that provide the physical care once they get old. While the sons provide financial support and visit occasionally.

Majority of us will be thrown in a care home. No Western born Somali will even come close to your feces filled diaper. You might get the occasional visit on the weekends. Even the Ukrainians have integrated. It won’t be long till we take their place.

Trending