'Most at Home': Somalis Prouder of Sweden Than Swedes – Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done reer Rikenby, @MSGA and Swede Somalis aren't as ungrateful for the ceyr unlike their British and European Somalis. They indicated to be more Swedish patriots than the indigenous Swedes.

upload_2019-6-8_17-6-39.png

'Most at Home': Somalis Prouder of Sweden Than Swedes. Survey.

'Most at Home': Somalis Prouder of Sweden Than Swedes – Survey

Researchers have explained immigrants' swelling pride in their new home country with elevated living standards and longer life expectancy.

A majority of immigrants from overseas countries are very proud to be Swedish, scoring even higher than the country's overall population, a new report published in conjuction with Sweden's National Day has shown. Incidentally, immigrants also are more enthusiastic about Sweden's National Day.

In the global research project World Values Survey (WVS), which interviewed 6,516 people from overseas countries living in Sweden, wholly 53 percent said they were of being Swedish, while 57 percent said they felt home in Sweden. Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, immigrants from Somalia, Eritrea, and Afghanistan appeared to have a greater pride in Sweden than the Swedes themselves.

Those who are the proudest and feel most at home are Somali women. The same goes for Eritreansâ, Bi Puranen at the Institute for Future Studies, the secretary general of the World Values Survey told the newspaper Svenska Dagbladet. They and those who cannot read or write feel most at home in Sweden, she added.

Puranen attributed this spike in Swedish patriotism among immigrants to integration going deeper than ever before. According to Puranen, this group's life expectancy in Sweden is likely to increase by 10-15 years, which explains some of its satisfaction.

While feeling an affinity with both their country of origin and Sweden, immigrants have a divergent view on a number of issues, compared with the majority population, such as tolerance for homosexuals, sex before marriage, abortion, and prostitution. Many also argue that gender equality and women's rights have gone foo far in Sweden.

In a similar survey conducted by the very same WVS between 2010 and 2014, only 39.7 percent of the population as a whole, which is majority Swedish, said they were very proud of Sweden. This level of pride has remained relatively stable for the past two decades and is not expected to change any time soon.

The survey has stirred strong reactions among the Swedish public.

We pay our taxes, work ourselves to death, welfare is being eroded and Sweden is starting to look like the Middle East! Immigrants from overseas countries get everything served on a gold platter at the expense of us, our elderly, our sick, our children! No wonder they are happy and glad! a lady who goes by the nickname Religion scholar tweeted bitterly.

Are we allowed to be proud at all or are we then violating some other culture? No wonder it's like that, a user mused.

What Swede would publicly proclaim that they are proud of Sweden? They'll get a racist stamp immediately, another one chimed in

Well, we are being indoctrinated that nationalism is something ugly, while the rest of the world clearly doesn't think yet another user tweeted, suggesting that Sweden was an extreme country.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201906071075714151-sweden-pride-somalis/

Apollo

VIP
@AussieHustler

Scandinavian countries are the best for FOB Somalis because of their extensive welfare system, but long term they suck as it is very difficult to get rich there or even to break out of lower class to middle class.

Socioeconomically, Somalis are doing better in Minnesota. There have been studies comparing Minnesota vs Sweden Somalis.

@AussieHustler

Scandinavian countries are the best for FOB Somalis because of their extensive welfare system, but long term they suck as it is very difficult to get rich there or even to break out of lower class to middle class.

Socioeconomically, Somalis are doing better in Minnesota. There have been studies comparing Minnesota vs Sweden Somalis.
Who you calling fob :mugshotman:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
@AussieHustler

'Everywhere MJ goes turns to Gold.

I had no idea that reer Minnesota were doing so well, all i knew it was MJ dominated

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Jeg forstår også svensk i skriftform, men også lidt i tale..
Bor du i Stockholm eller Gøteborg?
Hvor bor de fleste somali i Sverige?
Jag bor i göteborg, de flesta somalier bor i stockholm, göteborg och malmö.

Status
Not open for further replies.