More loss for Somaliland region: Sland office in Addis Ababa to be downgraded to Dhire Dhaba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Is Hargeisa set to succumb to its neighbours' influence?

23/11/2018

According to our information, the Ethiopian authorities recently requested that Somaliland's liaison office in Ethiopia be moved from Addis Ababa to Dire Dawa. This new slap in the face for the Somaliland president Musa Bihi Abdi comes in the wake of Ethiopia's decision to intervene militarily in Somaliland by dispatching the Somali Liyu Police in an attempt to bring an end to the conflict that is tearing the Darod/Dolbahante clan apart. Hargeisa is seen by the Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed Ali as acting as a destabilising influence on the central government in Mogadishu, especially since Musa Bihi Abdi began reaching out to the jihadist president of Jubaland Ahmed Mohamed Islam (aka Madobe) , Puntland's president Abdiweli Mohamed Ali Gaas and the Hawiye leader and ex-president Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud with a view to bringing pressure to bear on Farmajo.For his part, Farmajo has the support of the new president of the Somali region of Ethiopia Mustafe Omer with whom he has embarked on a mediation process involving the clan leaders in Jijiga in Ethiopia. The Somaliland president, who underestimated the extent of the conflict among the Dolbahante, is now relying on the support of the speaker of parliament Bashe Mohamed Farah, who is himself from this clan, given that his interior minister Mohamed Kahin Ahmed
(Issaq/Haber Jelo) is reluctant to get involved in this sensitive issue. In the Somalian and Somaliland corridors of power, there is talk of a possible meeting between Farmajo and Musa Bihi Abdi, but this has yet to be confirmed.

https://www.africaintelligence.com/...mb-to-its-neighbours--influence,108333801-bre

lol2-png.60076

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
"...in the wake of Ethiopia's decision to intervene militarily in Somaliland by dispatching the Somali Liyu Police in an attempt to bring an end to the conflict that is tearing the Darod/Dolbahante clan apart"

How come I didn't know this?!! Is Ethiopia going to deploy Liyu Police troops in Sool to mediate the ongoing conflict between Dhulos sub clans?!!

Bohol

VIP
"...in the wake of Ethiopia's decision to intervene militarily in Somaliland by dispatching the Somali Liyu Police in an attempt to bring an end to the conflict that is tearing the Darod/Dolbahante clan apart"

How come I didn't know this?!! Is Ethiopia going to deploy Liyu Police troops in Sool to mediate the ongoing conflict between Dhulos sub clans?!!

I guess you missed it. They already did weeks back.

Daawo Ciidanka Liyuu Police Oo Raashin Ka Qaybinaya Gobolka Sool

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I guess you missed it. They already did weeks back.

Daawo Ciidanka Liyuu Police Oo Raashin Ka Qaybinaya Gobolka Sool

Wow!!! Farmaajo is a bigger crook than I thought. He's a political Mastermind. Somaliland and Musa Bibi are on their knees right now cause of Farmaajo's strategic political moves.

Farmaajo used the Ethiopian PM more than Ethiopian PM used him. Somaliland is politically isolated and the Federal member states are in shock... they're not sure what hit 'em.
Farmaajo is ON TO SOMETHING!! let's wait and see.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
And they say Mogadishu ain’t making a come back, they were laughing at us now and they shook, soon everything will be under the centre government :chrisfreshhah:

Bohol

VIP
And they say Mogadishu ain’t making a come back, they were laughing at us now and they shook, soon everything will be under the centre government :chrisfreshhah:

They don't understand how international politics work They think Farmaajo Gov can only hurt them through troops.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Wow!!! Farmaajo is a bigger crook than I thought. He's a political Mastermind. Somaliland and Musa Bibi are on their knees right now cause of Farmaajo's strategic political moves.

Farmaajo used the Ethiopian PM more than Ethiopian PM used him. Somaliland is politically isolated and the Federal member states are in shock... they're not sure what hit 'em.
Farmaajo is ON TO SOMETHING!! let's wait and see.
It’s not only Farmaajo doings most shrewd politicians would make these kind of moves but the death of TPLF and the rise of Abiy was absolutely heaven sent for Somalia it all made it possible however our gain is terrible for our brothers in SRS as Abiy is a centralist and Oromo/Amhara supremacist

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
They don't understand how international politics work They think Farmaajo Gov can only hurt them through troops.
That’s why they will lose this war, first the southern states then the Northern states

Status
Not open for further replies.