Molotoff so gal

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
I have two questions @Molotoff

1) I work with a guy named Dario who says he is from Bosnia but I have my doubts. Is his name Bosnian or is he in fact just a Serb trying to fool me?

2) I read that Bosnians are Serbs who became Muslim a few generations ago. Who/why did they fail to convert the remaining ones?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Also interested in the 2nd question.

Didn't the Ottomans also control Serbia?

Bosnia seems geographically closer to the old Austria-Hungarian empire so I would've assumed they would've had the biggest influence there.

Is it a language difference? Noticed that Romania stayed kebab free. Are they the reason that Serbia didn't convert?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I have two questions @Molotoff

1) I work with a guy named Dario who says he is from Bosnia but I have my doubts. Is his name Bosnian or is he in fact just a Serb trying to fool me?

2) I read that Bosnians are Serbs who became Muslim a few generations ago. Who/why did they fail to convert the remaining ones?

1) He could be a Serb (Orthodox Christian) or a Croat (Roman Catholic) from Bosnia.

2) That is a theory and narrative used by Serbian nationalists. In Bosnia, there was a church organization that was neither Catholic nor Orthodox.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Also interested in the 2nd question.

Didn't the Ottomans also control Serbia?

Bosnia seems geographically closer to the old Austria-Hungarian empire so I would've assumed they would've had the biggest influence there.

Is it a language difference? Noticed that Romania stayed kebab free. Are they the reason that Serbia didn't convert?

Ottomans did control Serbia. The reason why didn't convert was simply due to the fact that the Ottomans didn't force them. In fact, the Ottoman system was far more tolerant towards ordinary peoples, compared to the feudal systems of medieval Europe. It became somewhat harsher only when the Ottoman Empire was about to fall in the 19th century.

Christians didn't have to serve the Ottoman army, they paid a tax instead.

Trending

Latest posts