Mohamed Salah considering quitting Egypt team over Ramzan Kadyrov row -- sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Mohamed Salah is considering his international future with Egypt, a source has confirmed to ESPN FC, because of his unhappiness about being drawn into a political row during his stay in Chechnya with his national team during the World Cup.

CNN first reported on Sunday that the Liverpool forward was deciding whether to return to the Egypt team after the World Cup.

Before the tournament began, Salah was pictured alongside Ramzan Kadyrov, the leader of the Chechen Republic, at Egypt's base in Grozny. Kadyrov declared Salah to be an honorary citizen of Chechnya in a ceremony with the player.

"Mohamed Salah is an honorary citizen of the Chechen Republic! That's right!" Kadyrov wrote in a social media post. "I gave Mohamed Salah a copy of the order and a pin at a celebratory dinner that I gave in honour of the Egyptian team."

Kadyrov, leader of Chechnya since 2004, is a controversial figure on the global stage because of his hard-line rule over his people and a series of contentious comments, particularly against the gay community.

i

Mohamed Salah met Ramzan Kadyrov while staying in Chechnya with Egypt's World Cup squadGetty
CNN reported that Salah was uncomfortable with the criticism that followed the photo and is unwilling to being used as a political pawn. A source with knowledge of Salah's position on the matter confirmed this stance to ESPN FC, adding that the player is now considering his future with his national team.

The Egyptian FA later on Sunday tried to play down the reports, insisting Salah was still happy, saying: "Reports that Salah wants to leave are completely wrong."

"Mo is still with us now and he is happy in the camp. He is eating and laughing with his teammates. He is training well and that means no problem."

The Chechen controversy is the latest that Salah has experienced while on international duty, with the forward winning a battle against the Egyptian FA in April over the use of his image rights.

Salah, who was forced to miss Egypt's opening defeat against Uruguay as a result of the shoulder injury he suffered in last month's Champions League final against Real Madrid, is still expected to play for Egypt in their Group A finale with Saudi Arabia on Monday before flying home and embarking on a summer break. Egypt have no chance of advancing to the World Cup knockout stage.

Whether Salah ever plays for Egypt again will now be under consideration as a result of the events in Chechnya during the tournament.

Hayey.:ohdamn:

Macalin M

Out here
After a few fraud tricks from the Adeers we can get this brother playing for Somalia. The Egyptian, I mean ahem, Somali king will carry us into the World cup.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
After a few fraud tricks from the Adeers we can get this brother playing for Somalia. The Egyptian, I mean ahem, Somali king will carry us into the World cup.

He's better off retiring and focusing on club level. Carrying bums like Elneny isn't worth it.:susp:

Horta iyamahaan politics and sports madaxa bey iskula jiraan.
German press grilled Gundoqon and Ozil for taking pics with Turkish leaders.

Macalin M

Out here
He's better off retiring and focusing on club level. Carrying bums like Elneny isn't worth it.:susp:

Horta iyamahaan politics and sports madaxa bey iskula jiraan.
German press grilled Gundoqon and Ozil for taking pics with Turkish leaders.
Football is basically politics now. Anyway this is why players should choose their parent nation. I hope the French players meet some Ivorian/Mali/Any other French colony war criminal and they get dropped from the French team only to find out france have no more players.

Ummm...... what exactly does the chechen leader claiming salah have anything to do with him playing for Egypt?:ayaanswag:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Now what they should be talking about is those 2 footballers of kosovo origin that played for switzerland against serbia.They did the albanian symbol when they scored. Now thats controversy.
@Molotoff were you proud of your cousins? :lolbron:

You really don't know those players names?:gucciwhat:

Media and racist fans alike talk shit about immigrant players who represent them all the time when results aren't going their way.

Switzerland fans who are were celebrating Sheikh Shaqiri and neefka Xhaka goals were the same ones who were saying immigrants shouldn't be representing us in the 2014 WC.
They don't deserve these players.:ohlord:

None of these immigrant players would play for these racist cadaan nations if their national teams had decent FA. Most of them are corrupt so that's why they stay clear from them and opt to play for countries that helped them be the players they're today.

You really don't know those players names?:gucciwhat:

Media and racist fans alike talk shit about immigrant players who represent them all the time when results aren't going their way.

Switzerland fans who are were celebrating Sheikh Shaqiri and neefka Xhaka goals were the same ones who were saying immigrants shouldn't be representing us in the 2014 WC.
They don't deserve these players.:ohlord:

None of these immigrant players would play for these racist cadaan nations if their national teams had decent FA. Most of them are corrupt so that's why they stay clear from them and opt to play for countries that helped them be the players they're today.
Obviously i dont know their names :childplease:
im a fake football fan sxb i only watch when its the world cup.:icon lol:
aint no shame in my game:stopit:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Obviously i dont know their names :childplease:
im a fake football fan sxb i only watch when its the world cup.:icon lol:
aint no shame in my game:stopit:

Nothing wrong with that.:salute:

We will send neefka @Gucci mane to teach you more about the beautiful game. He has speech impediment so plz take it easy on him.:hemad:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
He is considering his career with the national team??!! That's soft af. Maybe he was never into playing for his country if he's threatening to quit over few a pictures with some unknown leader in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts