Mogadishu projected to have population of 36 million by 2100

Looking at population projections for Somalia I read that the overall population of the country is projected at 75 million with 36 million in Mogadishu making it the 19th largest city in the world How realistic is this projection ? One major question I have with this
1. How much of this will be from natural increase and how much will be from migration from the countryside
https://sites.ontariotechu.ca/susta...pulation-projections/city-population-2100.php
@Prince of HS @bidenkulaha @GemState @Dowlad

Last edited:
We would all be dead by then so why does that matter? At the rate this country is going who knows maybe Somalis might get replaced

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Not possible, it will become a clty of 10+ million, the surrounding areas will also have another 10 million.

Population predictions more then 20 years into the future are unreliable.

Not possible, it will become a clty of 10+ million, the surrounding areas will also have another 10 million.

Population predictions more then 20 years into the future are unreliable.
That’s why I’m so skeptical about this fertility rates will decline in the coming decades Especially in urban areas

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It's going to be a Somali Lagos. But will there be a Somali Windhoek, only time will tell.

:salute:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
That’s why I’m so skeptical about this fertility rates will decline in the coming decades Especially in urban areas
In the coming decades, fertility in urban areas in all of somaliweyn will decline, probably to the range of 3.5-2.5 kids per woman.

The cities will grow due to rural migrants and their higher fertility. Their descendants will have the same fertility as the rest of the inhabitants.

💀 36 million

You absolutely don’t want a city to have 36 million people.

Even 20 millions is absolutely too much.

Trending