Mogadishu needs ID cards for all residents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
Banadir population is 1,650,227 and Waqooyi Galbeed is 1,242,003.

upload_2017-10-1_20-21-45-png.31224
I am talking about the city of Mogadishu vs Somaliland population as a whole. Not region by region.

Bohol

VIP
I just find it interesting that Mogadishu’s population is almost half of Somalilands.

Don't be surprised. Despite its small land Banadir hosts the largest amount of displaced people in Somalia.

"As depicted in Table A1 (Annex A), Banadir hosted the highest number of internally displaced persons at 33.4 percent. This can
be attributed to the fact that many Somalis from South and Central regions fled to the city of Mogadishu in their search for
security and other services when they faced challenges like war and natural calamities."

upload_2017-10-16_1-56-59.png

Gambar

VIP
Don't be surprised. Despite its small land Banadir hosts the largest amount of displaced people in Somalia.

"As depicted in Table A1 (Annex A), Banadir hosted the highest number of internally displaced persons at 33.4 percent. This can
be attributed to the fact that many Somalis from South and Central regions fled to the city of Mogadishu in their search for
security and other services when they faced challenges like war and natural calamities."

View attachment 32101
I’ve been told there are a lot of IDPs (including ones deported from the camps in Kenya). Mogadishu has historically been a city where almost every clan has lived so it only makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.