Mogadishu International Book Fair resumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
I don't know about the book written by Cismaan Kenadiid son Siciid, but you can't access the other book online.

We the youth , we need a revolution, those elders and their outdated minds need to MOVE!

That's how I feel , I hope there are more Somalis who feel the same.

i dont think the elders are outdated. We do need are revolution and i would not just say the youth. There is nothing magical about being young. Our elders where young too, its the movement of time in the most primitive sense, so i dont want to overload the youth. Because the destructive people some now are the youth too, Alshabab is heavily youth movement or youth organization.

We are talking about child soldiers and then there is also the brainwashed diaspora. To put it frankly i think the youth has the promise of the future , investing in them therefore, is a very important way of trying to reclaim the future and shaped the future.

A particular kind of youth not just youth because they are young, just foolishness otherwise.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Very true very true, I shouldn't generalize them all, but some definitely need to move. I agree with you overall.

Very true very true, I shouldn't generalize them all, but some definitely need to move. I agree with you overall.

bro when i was in bari most elders had already moved on , they are just enslaved by the state.

here is an elder i documented said to me.

Elder from Bosaaso: "Qabil is a serious weapon. It's only bad when you use it against someone. The rest of the time it's for safety."
"Clan system was never a problem, until we had to form a government. Politicians worldwide say anything to get seats. Not unique to us." "Our personal problem is politicizing Clan to gain political power. We need to find a way to separate these two things. Deadly combination."

"What we have always suggested is to make clan an official institution in Somalia. Clan matters discussed in front of a elders senate."

"What these politicians are doing now is foreign to us. It's fake governance so the criminals can loot and the foreigners can rip us off."

"This is a harness to keep us divided and weak so they can create a corrupt elite. That's how majority of African nations function anyway."

We are trying to fit Somali people into a western political system. Our system should be tailor fit for us and our society."

There is also the ignorant youth who still think the war happened because of clan, when the reason was simply due to injustice and lack & struggle for resources.

i have always said somalis should have decentralized system somali political system and also seperate clan from politics and give its own seperate space or institution where they can discuss such matters peacefully and effectively.

i do worry about the youth there is very little investments made in them

Abu Hamza and his book saaxiibbo Kasbo

CNUuYzBUYAAWgY-.jpg

Abu Hamza and his book saaxiibbo Kasbo

CNUuYzBUYAAWgY-.jpg

That is not "his book". He just translated it, as it says on the cover. It's a translation of Dale Carnegie's famous book 'How to win friends and influence people'. It has simply been shortened as 'saaxiibo kasbo = make friends' in Somali. It's the first entire book I ever read in early 90's (my oldest brother owned the Somali version, but I think that edition was translated by another Somali academic back in the 80's, I can't remember his name now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts