Mogadishu Competitive Water/Electricity Utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
There is like 3 providers for water and electricity in Mogadishu meaning tough competition and not a 'monopoly' which only creates 'lazy' services and high prices. Blue sky is one and there is a few others I forgot their name. The funny thing is, these services only started like 3 years ago for most of mogadishu electricity and water supplies because the town was in war before then and un-safe. Anyways the average so far is majority are water/electricity connected(one light-bulb).

Water services in Mogadishu is just 'water tap' outside your house, it's got nothing to do with connecting up your internal water system or else your 'doomed' to filling up your water needs such as showering, cooking, washing in bottles from your tap. Percentage wise 50% are hooked up inside and outside in Somalia after hiring a plumber to hook up their pipes internally to allow water to freely flow inside the house kitchen, bathroom, toilet, etc. Plus the strength of shower heads are pathetic due to 'small pipe' sizes and to get a decent water strength, you need to dig your own 'well' like hotels do and bring in larger pipes to allow for larger water flow.

A typical shower in Mogadishu is 'pathetic' the water is just dropping 'drop-lets' in average homes. I can't speak for other towns in Somalia and people who have been there can explain. Statistic wise 50% are water sufficient like water flows thru the whole house, while 90% are water sufficient in terms of having a 'water tap' outside the house but no water flow inside the house. Majority at least have 1 light-bulb in the house connected to electricity.

What are the stats for other somali towns, we need competition in somalia based on statistics and not games iyo faan.

In my home in PL, there are taps in the front yard area as well as in the bathroom, kitchen and laundry.

If I could remember, the water pressure was pretty good but during the drought last year the pressure was a lot less.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
In my home in PL, there are taps in the front yard area as well as in the bathroom, kitchen and laundry.

If I could remember, the water pressure was pretty good but during the drought last year the pressure was a lot less.

I am speaking of the 'average' local. Progress is measured on how well the locals are doing as they are the bulk of the population not some small quarter 'diaspora' ok who cannot be the backbone of the country. Diaspor only useful to 'transfer' skill/wealth to the bulk population not 'keep' it within themselves as the nation will never change if the bulk of it's people are peasants. What are the stats in PL in terms of the average/lowest denominator.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Wonder where they get the water from.

Wouldn't trusts groundwater in Xamar even if I was dying of thirst.

I am speaking of the 'average' local. Progress is measured on how well the locals are doing as they are the bulk of the population not some small quarter 'diaspora' ok who cannot be the backbone of the country. Diaspor only useful to 'transfer' skill/wealth to the bulk population not 'keep' it within themselves as the nation will never change if the bulk of it's people are peasants. What are the stats in PL in terms of the average/lowest denominator.

Everyone in my family and my neighbourhood were the same.

Apart from the IDP settlements, every home built in the last 10 years in Galkacyo has access to water

I think its more of when the houses were built, many houses in Somalia are pre-independence or pre-Siyaad Barre. Many houses in the west didn't even have proper plumbing at that time.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
90% of Mogadishu has at least a tap in the front of their home and about 50% have water flowing internally. It's normal procedure, government and private industry are not responsible for your internal plumbing but only that a 'pipeline' reaches your house because all homes in the west when they are built, they the owner has to do their own internal plumbing and the same happens in Mogadishu. But it's pointless doing your own plumbing if there is no 'pipeline' or a tap in front of your home to connect to like 'hargeisa' huge problem. Yes shit is 'overflowing' in the hargaysan home @waraabe.

The stats are pretty good 90% are water sufficient and that means there is a 'pipe' there at the front of their home, it's up to them to pipe inside their home, which is very cheap, only 200 dollars to do. So far the stats are 50/50 in terms of homes having internal water supply thru tap but the pick-up rate is rising as all somalis tend to copy other homes.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I was told Xamar has the cleanest water in Somalia in terms of drinking quality.

The water system is pre-1991 so its safe.

Yep the water is drinkable and tastes 'sweet' according to my relatives. But what I like is how the pre siyad home era are all piped up as they form the bulk of homes in mogadishu, as long as a pipe reaches the house(tap at the front), it's only a few hundred bucks to connect your internal bathroom, toilet, kitchen to the 'pipeline'.

The problem is when that 'pipe-line' isn't there as you cannot connect to any water utility and need to dig your own 'well' in your yard which is very 'expensive' for a local to afford like 30k from what I heard and they are doomed to having water delivered by a truck.

In-fact the house we built in 'garowe' had to build it's own well which boosted up the price significantly as the area is 'newer' area of Garowe and the water 'quality' is low which isn't a problem in mogadishu waa 'biyo macane' kkkk and the only reason why? because there is no MONOPOLY, there is stiff competition not like some ciyaal suuq who fears noone in garowe as he is the only water provider. Services deterioriate as u clearly mentioned, the water is shit because he doesn't have to worry about you leaving, where will you go? and prices will naturally be high also.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I was told Xamar has the cleanest water in Somalia in terms of drinking quality.

The water system is pre-1991 so its safe.

Any sources? Don't want to seem like I'm calling you out but I'm genuinely interested in finding out more about Xamar's current state of water & waste treatment setup.

Only found some stuff written up in the 70s to late 90s.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Any sources? Don't want to seem like I'm calling you out but I'm genuinely interested in finding out more about Xamar's current state of water & waste treatment setup.

$30 dollars unlimited internet which is 2 MB speed. For fiber speeds of 50 MB and above, it's like 60 bucks month. Mogadishu is very competitive and it's all private industry niyahow. Me and @Bohol know as we are tied to Mogadishu thru family.

Where-as @Bohol is insulted and told you don't even have a tap at the front of your homes in hargeisa to even begin connecting your toilets, bathroom, and kitchen and therefore all shit is overflowing in your toilet kkkkkk and they tell me as a garowe boy your water is low quality and undrinkable and your people have to divide up your water for cooking, showering, and drinking, where-as all their water is 'biyo macan' kkkk and no need for doing that. Have you noticed no1 drinks garowe tap water kkkkk, it's only used for washing clothes and showering.

So yes the local hawiye does insult PL/SL and me and bohol go back to our respective territories to lift up their game, where-as @Bohol is telling his folks, get some fuckin piplines in the neighborhoods, and I am telling my folks LIFT UP THE WATER QUALITY nacasin yahow, we aint bloody animals, no1 can drink this shit and its bitterness kkkkk

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
At least if your town is dominated by 'monopoly' you need a strong govt to set rules for that one business market place to ensure standards are high and enforced, if you lack a vibrant free market like mogadishu where the businesses compete and check each other for quality as they race for customers, you won't need as much govt interference. But in Garowe u need govt interference as the private market isn't developed yet and the govt needs to set quality standards for the companies operating with NO COMPETITION or else we will always be suffering from high prices and low quality @Rocca Littorio

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
At least if your town is dominated by 'monopoly' you need a strong govt to set rules for that one business market place to ensure standards are high and enforced, if you lack a vibrant free market like mogadishu where the businesses compete and check each other for quality as they race for customers, you won't need as much govt interference. But in Garowe u need govt interference as the private market isn't developed yet and the govt needs to set quality standards for the companies operating with NO COMPETITION or else we will always be suffering from high prices and low quality @Rocca Littorio

Give me state run water services for now. Capitalism only works when the ppl have a choice (I.e. they can afford to pay for it).

Right now it's just the lowest bidder that gets the business and ends up pulling the water from God knows where.

At least if the gov fucks up you can get compensation but private companies would just buy out justice or run away.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Give me state run water services for now. Capitalism only works when the ppl have a choice (I.e. they can afford to pay for it).

Right now it's just the lowest bidder that gets the business and ends up pulling the water from God knows where.

At least if the gov fucks up you can get compensation but private companies would just buy out justice or run away.

Mogadishu homes have 'water tanks' on the top of the home in-case of water shortage from water supply utility and they switch over which isn't 'common' and very 'rare' but some homes still choose to have water tank just in-case, even though it's hardly ever used.

No proof tbh, apart from water I had at the airport plus anecdotes from people who visited.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
No proof tbh, apart from water I had at the airport plus anecdotes from people who visited.

Hey I am deep in the know-how in mogadishu, I just don't share it much as half my relatives live there. U know hassan sheikh was just little poor kid who lived in bermuda area and used to sit outside a cheap tinned eatery there and was known as 'hassan jaale' kkkk because he was so poor all he could afford was that jaale tinnery cafe. Do u know shabab threatened hassan sheikh that he can't build his mansion in mogadishu? because 'lacagtasi waa umada' but what the f*ck does shabab do with his constant 'forced zako' how is that zako, zako must be voluntary not 'ill kill and rape u if u don't pay'. U know MP's have to discard their vehicles after leaving government service as they don't want to be targetted by shabab, as car bombs r popular. You can only know this stuff if your related. U know american cargo planes regularly land in balidogle and its the american base and the next day a bomb goes off some sugest american expertise and equipment provided to shabab. I got family deep in the govt in mogadishu not puntland that's 'new 90s' people we the old '60s' people ok, we dont do tuulo politics, if we go somalia we go to hamar:trumpsmirk:

Or else you will get the :kodaksmiley:

Hey I am deep in the know-how in mogadishu, I just don't share it much as half my relatives live there. U know hassan sheikh was just little poor kid who lived in bermuda area and used to sit outside a cheap tinned eatery there and was known as 'hassan jaale' kkkk because he was so poor all he could afford was that jaale tinnery cafe. Do u know shabab threatened hassan sheikh that he can't build his mansion in mogadishu? because 'lacagtasi waa umada' but what the f*ck does shabab do with his constant 'forced zako' how is that zako, zako must be voluntary not 'ill kill and rape u if u don't pay'. U know MP's have to discard their vehicles after leaving government service as they don't want to be targetted by shabab. You can only know this stuff if your related.:trumpsmirk:

Or else you will get the :kodaksmiley:

Man, I knew the going-ons in Xamar. My extended family is historically well connected by PL standards.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Man, I knew the going-ons in Xamar. My extended family is historically well connected by PL standards.

Oh ok, @Bohol knows a fair bit, most are 90's generation or 'badiye' folks from their traditional grazing lands and have no clue what's going on in hamar due to no ties or any representation in the federal government at a family level. My family side on the mother are big time in the government, u know I seen qatar donations thru EVC, nigga u talking hundreds of thousands. Qatar is deep in hamar, it's called the ATM:drakelaugh:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Rocca Littorio what the hell do u know? you know even the govt pays 'zako' to shabab? you know there is 2 taxes in hamar? you know noone uses the govt for anything and all go to shabab courts? there is 'fake dawlad in magac only' the real 'force' in hamar is shabab. They enter all business areas and noone operates without paying their dues(zako) to shabab, you will be dead the next day. You wanna see phone calls from shabab? they knocked 20 of my abti in hormuud refusing to pay the BAAD and BILILIQO.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Rocca Littorio PL politics is failing because primarily the people elected have no family ties to Mogadishu as the old puntite generation don't live there anymore, it's the reer badiye folks who are there now and that's the truth and hence won't understand the intricate mogadishu politics. They need half half people in power who can establish ties with mogadishu or use their connections to pull strings. Politics about your connections and how deep your network is, the guys running besides khalif issa mudan are just pathetic and badiye folks.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The south is easily resolvable, you need to remove the galgaduud people from 91 and their descendants as they don't care about the land since it's not their land and to leave the traditionally welcoming and nice southerners to themselves. All mogadishu folks know this. HG, Wacaysle, El buur murusade need to go back home and leave this place for the people who are traditional owners and not bring their galgaduud madness to the town. But as long as this is left un-answered, mogadishu folks are adamant there will not be peace in mogadishu but only different types of wars to come in the future and different types of mashrucyo iyo been been laysu sheegayo.

When they say the galgaduud folks must leave, they don't mean the average person must be forced out, they mean their 'weapons' and clan militias need to disarm and hand it all over to the traditional abgaal owner in yar murusade dhinaca afgoye degan (not the daynile one he is galgaduud 91 settler).

Status
Not open for further replies.