Mogadishu: A Clan Capital or a Nation Capital?

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
A784AC7C-A86B-4733-BC6E-CD9359C632CB.jpeg

83D0DF7D-01CB-4E04-B5B2-475F1B188145.jpeg

Actually Mogadishu is the least tribalist city. As another Darood, I'll probably get killed in Cabudwaaq or Kismaayo if I did business better than the locals but Mogadishu understands that it's that competition in which makes Mogadishu Mogadishu.

Mogadishu is dominated by hawiya no doubt. Is it still our capital? Yup. You don't have to move there, but parliament members representing your community will.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP
Doesn’t matter, limit the federal government to the bare minimum defence, immigration and foreign affairs. Everybody handles their affairs. Whoever wants to go nuts or just do nothing for their degaans, that’s on them.

Doesn’t matter, limit the federal government to the bare minimum defence, immigration and foreign affairs. Everybody handles their affairs. Whoever wants to go nuts or just do nothing for their degaans, that’s on them.
It does matter. If I asked you who controls Garoowe you would say Mj. Hamar is a hawiye settlement everyone else is marti. People can still purchase homes and live there but they’ll still be a minority. Someone from Baladweyn and someone from Borama uma sino Mogadishu

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP
It does matter. If I asked you who controls Garoowe you would say Mj. Hamar is a hawiye settlement everyone else is marti. People can still purchase homes and live there but they’ll still be a minority. Someone from Baladweyn and someone from Borama uma sino Mogadishu
Akhi, call it Hawiye city or whatever you want. I could care less. I was answering the topic question. In the era of federalism or hopefully confederation soon, capital city are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Akhi, call it Hawiye city or whatever you want. I could care less. I was answering the topic question. In the era of federalism or hopefully confederation soon, capital city are irrelevant.
Hawiye will soon unify all the states in southern Somalia including Jubaland and Puntland. Somalia’s capital is never irrelevant, whoever controls Mogadishu controls south Somalia

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
qabiil will be a thing of the past soon, please don't get left behind my dear brother and sisters. Mogadishu the beautiful is our capital and all of Somalia belongs to you :)

qabiil will be a thing of the past soon, please don't get left behind my dear brother and sisters. Mogadishu the beautiful is our capital and all of Somalia belongs to you :)
Even if Mogadishu becomes overpopulated and the native born Rer Hamar becomes a minority hawiye will still own it. Just look at Washington DC, it’s massively overpopulated by only African Americans and as of recently Ethiopians. If you ever visit DC you wont see a white person for at least 48 hours and that’s where the leader of the free world resides. Hawiye will still be the mayors and owners of whatever metropolitan you want Mogadishu to be.

4cryingoutloud

Puntland republic 🇸🇱
Hawiye will soon unify all the states in southern Somalia including Jubaland and Puntland. Somalia’s capital is never irrelevant, whoever controls Mogadishu controls south Somalia
A Darood maarexan extreme centralist like Farmajo didn’t manage to take power from the federal states, what makes you think dumb Hawyie who can’t even unite in their own regions will unify Jubbaland and Puntland? Mate just go back to eating your cambulo.
Mogadishu will forever be irrelevant politically, thanks to the big chimp out in 1991, no sane Somali would ever trust that city with power again, every man for himself.

A Darood maarexan extreme centralist like Farmajo didn’t manage to take power from the federal states, what makes you think dumb Hawyie who can’t even unite in their own regions will unify Jubbaland and Puntland? Mate just go back to eating your cambulo.
Mogadishu will forever be irrelevant politically, thanks to the big chimp out in 1991, no sane Somali would ever trust that city with power again, every man for himself.
First and foremost there’s no need to disrespect the hawiye clan. What I am you still don’t know, nobody knows and I won’t reveal it without first bashing your heads in. And that’s anyone coming for Irir Samaale. I have never tasted cambuulo in my life and if I did I’m sure It tasted great. Love what the Mexicans have done with the cambuulo though, yesterday I had a veggie bean burrito and I felt a little more hawiye than usual. What is Darood? Don’t tell me stories you heard growing up, I’m not sharing my families fairytales so don’t share yours. Farmajo may I remind you is a nobody and I can’t believe you would actually think a Darood would be the one to unfiy Somalia. Hawiye build this nation and Darood destroyed it. Stop telling lies.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP

Health and education should also be controlled by the federal government.

We need to have a standardised education and health system.

What if someone who lives in Garowe needs medical attention in Xamar or what if someone in Kismaayo moves to Bosaso and have school-age children.

It’s a bigger logistical headache for the average person if health and education are not federally controlled.

First and foremost there’s no need to disrespect the hawiye clan. What I am you still don’t know, nobody knows and I won’t reveal it without first bashing your heads in. And that’s anyone coming for Irir Samaale. I have never tasted cambuulo in my life and if I did I’m sure It tasted great. Love what the Mexicans have done with the cambuulo though, yesterday I had a veggie bean burrito and I felt a little more hawiye than usual. What is Darood? Don’t tell me stories you heard growing up, I’m not sharing my families fairytales so don’t share yours. Farmajo may I remind you is a nobody and I can’t believe you would actually think a Darood would be the one to unfiy Somalia. Hawiye build this nation and Darood destroyed it. Stop telling lies.
You don't like darood, your not hawiye, and u said this on the Lascanood thread...
90% of people of Lascanood and SSC are Unionists
Fake news

Your the one who said fake news to Lascanood is 90% unionist. I smell a brown tooth isaaq in the house.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Even if Mogadishu becomes overpopulated and the native born Rer Hamar becomes a minority hawiye will still own it. Just look at Washington DC, it’s massively overpopulated by only African Americans and as of recently Ethiopians. If you ever visit DC you wont see a white person for at least 48 hours and that’s where the leader of the free world resides. Hawiye will still be the mayors and owners of whatever metropolitan you want Mogadishu to be.

There's no need to worry brother, our hawiye brother and sisters do not mind hosting the capital of the nation and the symbol of our collective spirit, we will get pass this paranoia stage soon and go back to the years where anyone can own land or call anywhere home in the country. :)

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I don’t believe in changing the capital but the people of Xamar make it clear numerous times that they not the people of Somalia own Xamar.

We need a capital owned by everyone, if Xamar isn’t that then I suggest we find a place that will be that.

However, that is a last resort because I think the Somali government should not even consider spending funds meant for public health such as vaccines on a futile move.

I don’t believe in changing the capital but the people of Xamar make it clear numerous times that they not the people of Somalia own Xamar.

We need a capital owned by everyone, if Xamar isn’t that then I suggest we find a place that will be that.

However, that is a last resort because I think the Somali government should not even consider spending funds meant for public health such as vaccines on a futile move.

Honestly it wouldn't matter if Mogadishu is simultaneously a clan city and national capital when the FG has little to zero authority over the rest of the country. Our focus should be on how to strengthen the FG first