Modern somali music

Status
Not open for further replies.
our older music is classic,but the beats or sound is always the same,the words are always good thou
Do you guys think we need a new type of music,a modern one,good but classy no saqajaan shit?

Ps:no foreign influence,unique one that is for us

Hate seeing all this somalis trying to be rapper influenced by adoon music
Say what you want about nigerians atleast they came up with their own unique style not toooo influence by AA music

BankaTuyo

حيران
many modern artists are very good, Cawaale, Nimcaan, Mursal... etc. we need modern-classic songs (Kaman/Qaaci genre), but sad thing is youth are not very interested in words nowadays.

Classic music only sounds the same because of the Kaman, but when the beats are modernized those same songs sound extremely different. e.g. popular classics like Onkod (Abdi Tahlil) and Boodhari (Tubeec) sound almost the same on Qaraami beats but very different on modern beats.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Untill they get older,older people listen to words more,they look for meaning,maybe because of life experience

Experience is not really necessary to appreciate the words in a qaraami song, feelings and the situation you are in on the other hand is very relevant. one could be an 18 year old who is very much in love and jacayl dhiig malagu qoray (Magool) makes sense.

thats what i meant

Mooge yare and Kooshin yare don not have many original songs, but they renewed classics with crisp clear kaman/qaraami beats.

BankaTuyo

حيران
This queen should be the face of Somalia

An imposter, Fartuun Birimo did it a million times better, even better than the original Qaraami version (Xabiiba Xasan Tooxow). i hate when kids with no vocals ruin great songs. now i am infuriated

An imposter, Fartuun Birimo did it a million times better, even better than the original Qaraami version (Xabiiba Xasan Tooxow). i hate when kids with no vocals ruin great songs. now i am infuriated
She has great vocals and she looks cute

Farting Birimo is also a legend

Im not a fan of most of the newer stuff theyre kinda all sound the same. I only like kacaan music :lolbron:

and luul jeylaani ofc.

BankaTuyo

حيران
i wish yurub geenyo makes qaraami songs, she is the closest artist we have to the classic era. sawtu raxma as Egyptians would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.