3DuqE6r.jpg

HTtJRjr.jpg

Zg07yrW.jpg

TDNTx6A.jpg

Fv7AkZD.jpg

FKtLjDO.jpg

yIfyK4B.jpg

5GzTOJ5.jpg

I hope somali land doesn't fall into the traps of associating modern with foreign languages and cultures only. it looks like most of it is in english, italian or arabic

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
SADLY, the second you step outside of these restaurants you are hit with reality. I mean, right front of these restaurants stands a dilapidated roads, arid/dry/scorched sandy landscape as if you were dropped in the middle of mars. The folks on the streets are walking sticks, in the majority. Many of them look deformed with disproportional body structure from lack of essential nutrients. Then you see their women folks walking like they painting a wall, side to side with their arms flaring.

Bottom line is ....construct roads and stop building homes and restaurants....secondly ..plant 2 mill trees to beautify the city ...Mogadishu is light years ahead of us on this matter. It got tree lined streets and are planting trees as we speak.

Therefore I must criticize our mars looking city.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@DuchessNinkiiUuriyey I agree. However what you have to understand is Mogadishu is a planned city but Hargeisa is not.

Mogadishu is a legendary ancient city. It always looked the best.

1980s
Mogadishu-3.jpg

You are a fair minded individual that is not drunk with relativism.

I truly believe that Hargeisa can achieve a "beautiful city "status with just having the right mayor and governance. Plant trees in the hundreds of thousands. Reorganize the city by opening a new city center from scratch at the outskirts of the city. This place is empty and no uprooting would take place. Build roads like this

111201_naypyitaw_emptyst_2.660;660;7;70;0.jpg

130430041648-ford-myanmar-2-1024x576.jpg

These roads you looking at is in a third world country with a smart leadership. They moved their capital city from Rangoon, Burma to one in the Jungle. It took them 8 years to build it from scratch. They took into consideration the population growth and the popularity of cars and so they've build this massive roads with 16 lanes divided into heading different directions. They also made intersecting roads. They gave them names like in the West.

It can be done.

Bohol

VIP
@DuchessNinkiiUuriyey great suggestions. We have the same visions. The problem though is we have corrupt mayors and
politicians, they steal whatever Somaliland gets in aid. So don't expect Hargeisa roads to be paved anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending