Modern apartment buildings in Mogadishu.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Finally breaking up the pink/yellow apartment buildings with some professional designers hired. :wow:

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
They’re building apartments while there’s milllions displaced. Shit is gonna turn into the Congo where you got niggas riding round in lambos in neighborhoods full of the homeless.

They’re building apartments while there’s milllions displaced. Shit is gonna turn into the Congo where you got niggas riding round in lambos in neighborhoods full of the homeless.

Nothing too fancy about these buildings, they should be affordable IA

Out of all the things to export from the west. They bring through shitty council house-looking apartments. Wallahi we are defo 68 IQ...

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
These apartments are looking nice but I think that the goal should be to reduce congestion in Mogadishu. The city is one of the fastest growing in Africa with no public transport or no urban planning since 1990.

The best solution would be to build gated communities near Afgooye or Balcad or Warsheekh with a modern motorway to link it to Mogadishu. These places would give a "country" or "exclusive" feel that apartments won't give, be much cheaper and save important city space.

These apartments are looking nice but I think that the goal should be to reduce congestion in Mogadishu. The city is one of the fastest growing in Africa with no public transport or no urban planning since 1990.

The best solution would be to build gated communities near Afgooye or Balcad or Warsheekh with a modern motorway to link it to Mogadishu. These places would give a "country" or "exclusive" feel that apartments won't give, be much cheaper and save important city space.
Afgoye is not in Banadir though

Jungle

VIP

Theres more than enough open space in the 17 districts

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

All the southy idps are coming to puntland after they found out they get free house and fully piped bathroom and toilets.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Soviet-style Stalinka or khrouchtchevka are more needed to shelter people back home!

khrouchtchevka: 5 store building
1624348961082.png

1624349050728.png

Now, with more sophisticated architecture;
Stalinkas!

1624349233035.png

1624349270616.png

1624349447718.png

Some of these were designed for the Soviet Nomenklatura (the Elites Class of Soviet Union, most of whom were state-workers)

I'd stay we need to build more of Soviet Buildings, if the urgency to shelter most Somalis, with affordable housing and good condition of living.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Afgoye is not in Banadir though

But its within commuting distance to Mogadishu. The Italians built Jowhar and developed established towns like Afgooye so that Mogadishu did not become a one stop centre for everything.

If I was the Somali government, I would offer incentives for developers to build gated communities like Darasalaam City in Afgooye, Warsheekh and Balcad so that not only is eases pressure off Xamar but it boosts the economies of these towns.

I remember reading once that the government was planning on Balcad being the site of a future airport that will service Mogadishu as Aden Adde is too small. If that is going to be the case in the future, might as well start planning for development of residential communities now.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Theres more than enough open space in the 17 districts

There might be but does the government have the ability to service a big Mogadishu. What is happening now is that everyone wants to build in Xamar and everyone wants to move there. This is a future planning disaster waiting to happen. I do not want our capital city to be a planning mess like Nairobi or other African capitals.

Also it makes excellent economic sense to encourage people to build in nearby towns. The development will hire many locals and the increase of middle-class residents will bring purchasing power with them that will boost the local economy.

It is a win-win for everybody.

Jungle

VIP
don't think so. the area of Mogadishu is way less compared to the population. the goal should be to build suburbs outside the city like any other metro cities.
Kaxda, dayniile, huriwaa, dharkenley all have large open spaces and are nowhere near the inner city. Daarusalaam comes under either yaaqshid or daynile so its in banaadir. Theres enough space and no need for banaadir to expand and landgrab like in jazeera.