Minnesota organization Ka Joog accused of selling out Somalis for counter-extermism funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Some like Sadik Warfa think the program is a potential forum for government surveillance. He’s suspicious of the chief prosecutor’s involvement in social services. Warfa also fears the program will isolate the Somalis in the city, and further pigeonhole Muslims around the country as a problematic, violent population that requires special attention and funds.

In 2012 the FBI honored Ka Joog, a group that provides free after-school and mentorship programs, with the FBI director’s community leadership award for being “an organization that goes beyond the traditional sense of community service and has a profound effect on their community”. But in partnership with the county attorney’s office, a program dubbed “be@school” tracks students who have a number of unexcused absences, and then involves their families.

The FBI’s recognition of Ka Joog, and the participation of two of their staff on the CVE taskforce (one is the chair) has fueled the fear that the social services proposed are secretly mixing with surveillance and policing.

Abdi doesn’t deny that surveillance is an issue: “People have a reason to be scared.” She went on to point out that some NGOs, even those run by Somalis, are viewed with suspicion. “When you think about Ka Joog, it’s because of the work they did with radicalization and the FBI. It’s not an after-school program.

The full article: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/14/somali-muslims-minnesota-counter-extremism-program

The Counter Violent Extremism (CVE) task force is being chaired by one of the Director of Ka Joog.:leon:

Q

Queen Carawelo

As a resident of MN I'm deeply disappointed people blindly follow this so called organization. My first question is where is the money going to? They're too busy flexing on social media about their organization and who they know instead of telling us the public where our hard earned money that we donated is going to?

Rumor has it, most them are not responsible, some of them were arrested, and they're con artists. Would you give your hard earned money to a druggie who smirks at your face using the Somali name and the Somali people in order to achieve their selfish advances?

Don't get me started on how "Abdi" disrespects Somali females, he calls them groupies, GROUPIES. Bish where? And how do they find the money to travel to certain places? Like South America, and other states when they don't work?

Spoken words at open mic don't pay those plane tickets.

:mybusiness:

Duchess

VIP
As a resident of MN I'm deeply disappointed people blindly follow this so called organization. My first question is where is the money going to? They're too busy flexing on social media about their organization and who they know instead of telling us the public where our hard earned money that we donated is going to?

Rumor has it, most them are not responsible, some of them were arrested, and they're con artists. Would you give your hard earned money to a druggie who smirks at your face using the Somali name and the Somali people in order to achieve their selfish advances?

Don't get me started on how "Abdi" disrespects Somali females, he calls them groupies, GROUPIES. Bish where? And how do they find the money to travel to certain places? Like South America, and other states when they don't work?

Spoken words at open mic don't pay those plane tickets.

:mybusiness:

I heard Abdi Phenomenal's brother is the President of Ka Joog. It seems like the organization is a family business more than anything else.

Here is he is performing at the Countering Violent Extremism summit at the White House.

He looks drugged out in the video. The hell is on? :williamswtf::mjohreally:

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
The only guy that truly understands the Somalis in Minnesota and has helped them and actually delivered on his words is Abdi Warsame. These other groups are always on the news but we do not see them making a difference

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I agree with my girl Idman and Liban..these are con-artist ..

But idman, how about that girl nimco that works with Frank or something

Duchess

VIP
I agree with my girl Idman and Liban..these are con-artist ..

But idman, how about that girl nimco that works with Frank or something

Do you mean Nimco Ahmed? The one who wanted the gay candidate she was working for to win over Abdi Warsame? She later smeared Warsame & the community in the newspaper.

images

Duchess

VIP
Is she the one that got beat up ?

No, that one is Ilhan Omar. Nimco Ahmed accused Abdi Warsame's supporters of homophobia after her candidate, a homosexual native American, lost the DFL endorsement to Abdi Warsame.

Lilligren's campaign manager -- Nimco Ahmed, who, like Warsame, is Somali -- alleges that Warsame's supporters conducted much of the proceedings at the precinct caucus in Somali, making it difficult for those who couldn't speak the language to follow along. And some of the things allegedly said used Lilligren's homosexuality to try to raise support for Warsame.

"The same mic that belongs to the DFL, that was paid by this party, our candidate was being called gay: 'For the gay guy, go on this side, for the Somali brother, go on this side,'" Ahmed told MPR. "Those are unacceptable. He has a name!"

In an earlier interview with the Star Tribune, Ahmed said that while she was campaigning for Lilligren in a Somali high-rise before the caucus, a woman approched and asked how much the Lilligren campaign was paying supporters.

"I said, 'I'm not paying anything,'" Ahmed said. "She said, 'Well, your opponent is paying.'"

www.citypages.com/news/robert-lilligrens-campaign-accuses-somali-challenger-of-using-homophobic-tactics-6562110

Q

Queen Carawelo

Ilhan Omar and Nimcom Ahmed are both disgrace to the Somali Community. We Somalis of MN refuse to be associated with them.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Ilhan Omar and Nimcom Ahmed are both disgrace to the Somali Community. We Somalis of MN refuse to be associated with them.

I didn't know that she went down this depth...naagtu sold her soul runtii..now ayada iyo Abdijohn ha leysu guuriyo

Q

Queen Carawelo

I didn't know that she went down this depth...naagtu sold her soul runtii..now ayada iyo Abdijohn ha leysu guuriyo
Nimco likes what you like menace, so I doubt abdijohnson will be a fit for her if you know what I mean. Looool

Status
Not open for further replies.