minnesota is a joke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnehaha

Minnehaha is a fictional Native American woman documented in Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's 1855 epic poem The Song of Hiawatha. She is the lover of the titular protagonist Hiawatha and comes to a tragic end. The name, often said to mean "laughing water", literally translates to "waterfall" or "rapid water" in Dakota.[1]

The figure of Minnehaha inspired later art works such as paintings, sculpture and music. The Death of Minnehaha is a frequent subject for paintings. Minnehaha Falls and her death scene inspired themes in the New World Symphony by Antonín Dvořák.[2] Longfellow's poem was set in a cantata trilogy, The Song of Hiawatha in 1898–1900 by the African-English composer Samuel Coleridge-Taylor. Longfellow's poem also inspired Hugo Kaun's symphonic poems "Minnehaha" and "Hiawatha" composed in 1901.

We have a waterfall, a park, a creek, an academy and boat named after her here in Minnesota. There's many other places and things named after Minnehaha all over the US.

Don't disrepect Minnehaha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnehaha

Minnehaha is a fictional Native American woman documented in Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's 1855 epic poem The Song of Hiawatha. She is the lover of the titular protagonist Hiawatha and comes to a tragic end. The name, often said to mean "laughing water", literally translates to "waterfall" or "rapid water" in Dakota.[1]

The figure of Minnehaha inspired later art works such as paintings, sculpture and music. The Death of Minnehaha is a frequent subject for paintings. Minnehaha Falls and her death scene inspired themes in the New World Symphony by Antonín Dvořák.[2] Longfellow's poem was set in a cantata trilogy, The Song of Hiawatha in 1898–1900 by the African-English composer Samuel Coleridge-Taylor. Longfellow's poem also inspired Hugo Kaun's symphonic poems "Minnehaha" and "Hiawatha" composed in 1901.

We have a waterfall, a park, a creek, an academy and boat named after her here in Minnesota. There's many other places and things named after Minnehaha all over the US.

Don't disrepect Minnehaha.
it was a pun :noneck: I'm a minnesotan and love my state:confused:

it was a pun :noneck: I'm a minnesotan and love my state:confused:
It's all good if you Minnesotan. Lemme add to it

When a Minnesotan is lonely, they minnefriendless.
When you see a Minnesotan girl without a top on, she minnetopless.
Old Minnesotan dude with no teeth, minnetoothless

I used to think Minnesota Somali's were better off than London/Toronto Somali's, but these riots reminded me how these guys get battered by police constantly, I will keep them in my prayers :mjhaps:

Trending

Latest posts