Mental health struggle

Hi, I am a Somali boy...
I really have toxic way of thinking that has crippled my personal development for years.
I'm currently 23, I can't move a step forward in life in fear that people will envy and evil eye will catch me. I can barely eat 2 meals a day, I'm skinny as hell. I have got good facial features and everytime I gain some eight people compliment me and I start to lose that weight immediately. The same problem when it comes to education, I'm the smartest student in every class I ever been, I feel bad when I see myself scoring high and others low. I feel like the world and life are so injustice. I feel like I'm being taking someone elses opportunity just becuase I'm smarter and in a better position than them. I don't enjoy the fruits of my hardwork at all. I have suicidal thoughts I can't move on but then I know there's Jahannama and mama is waiting for me. I'm raised by a single mama.
I need help my sisters and brothers, how can I rid of this recurring toxic thoughts and way of thinking. This is an 11 years of mental struggle.
Thank you so much all of you!!

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Hi, I am a Somali boy...
I really have toxic way of thinking that has crippled my personal development for years.
I'm currently 23, I can't move a step forward in life in fear that people will envy and evil eye will catch me. I can barely eat 2 meals a day, I'm skinny as hell. I have got good facial features and everytime I gain some eight people compliment me and I start to lose that weight immediately. The same problem when it comes to education, I'm the smartest student in every class I ever been, I feel bad when I see myself scoring high and others low. I feel like the world and life are so injustice. I feel like I'm being taking someone elses opportunity just becuase I'm smarter and in a better position than them. I don't enjoy the fruits of my hardwork at all. I have suicidal thoughts I can't move on but then I know there's Jahannama and mama is waiting for me. I'm raised by a single mama.
I need help my sisters and brothers, how can I rid of this recurring toxic thoughts and way of thinking. This is an 11 years of mental struggle.
The first step is recognising that their is a issue and the fact that you have enough self-awareness to do that is a good sign.

However recognise this life is not a disney fairytale where everything is nice and sweet. The device you are typing with are made from child labour across the world.

If you do better than your peers it is not your sin to bear, that you are better than them. Thats how life is.

When you apply for a job and you get it the many other people who have failed to get the position may need it more than you do. However you cannot walk through life worrying that you are taking opportunity from those that are around you.

Have pride in the things you worked for you deserve it. However do not go overboard and think your the hotshot because it is Allah who placed those good things on your path.

I would advise you to seek therapy because maybe something happened during your developmental stages that brought this toxic thinking pattern.

Also never think about commiting suicide that is straight up wrong. You are 23 you truely just started life roughly 5 years ago. Think about the heartache of your family finding you body.

Suicidal thoughts are common and not that deep as long as you donโ€™t act on it, which almost nobody ever does. Putting on weight is pointless unless youโ€™re gymcelling. Also you shouldnโ€™t go to a 68 IQ forum for life advice. Idk. Itโ€™s over.

Hi, I am a Somali boy...
Why are you that scared of evil eye? Have you been previously inflicted with evil eye? That's a bit of an irrational fear. Are you religious? I'm trying to understand why you are so fearful of evil eye to the point it's controlling your life. Is that the only reason?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
@Naaxsane

- Check your vitamin D levels, I suggest you start eating 50 iu tablets now
- Definitely improve your diet, eat much more protein and cut down on carbs
- Do you get adequate amount of sleep? If not, stop using your phone 1 hour before going to bed and make sure you have accomplished steps
1 & 2 above that help you to get good sleep.

Walaal, put your trust in Allah SWT and succeed. By succeeding in your life, you can help those who are less fortunate then you. You can make a change saxib.

Succeed in this life brother, Allah is with you all the time.

Hobbies. Get lots of hobbies. Stay away from negativity. Evil eye is bs that Somalis make up to create jealousy among each other. You are young focus on your education anytime you get negative thoughts counter act it with good once. Pray salat and Join a gym. There is too many negativity on social media unfollow them. Donโ€™t take your thoughts too seriously treat them like a toddler lol you got this!

Last edited:
Try to not put any value on otherโ€™s opinions of you. Focus more on improving your own self-perception.

Read your athkar morning & evenings. Thank Allah for any blessing you have whenever you notice anything good you have. Find ways to calm your mind when you get these thoughts.

Evil eye is haqq no denying it. Strengthen yourself with iimaan and taqwa of Allah. Seek refuge from the shaytaan when you get intrusive thoughts.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Hi, I am a Somali boy...
Go to sheikh and let him read Quran on you. your symptoms is sounding like someone throw sixir on you brother.

Trending

Latest posts