Men of yesterday to "Men" of today!

I find myself agreeing with the somali saying "rag waa ragi hore" (men are men of before).

Is the standards of manhood deteriorating as everything else does, culture, language, music etc.

I know that every other culture suffer the same thing, but how did we go from men that wouldnt accept coonery, cowardice. To the men of today, i know we still have bravery when it comes to war, but what happened to the love of deen, love of culture, love of poetry, and love of country?

I know that we have external threats at play, but we had greater ones face us before and that didnt stop us then.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
niimanka mantaa are babies. They hear someone mention their qabiil and they start crying. They don’t work. They don’t feed their wives. They run off to Somalia to get married and never speak to the lady again. They are babies BABIES. The new generation is even worse, they do drugs and gangs. Embarrassing.

somali men were known for their bravery and courage by the colonizers. What happened now?

Alluring

Sayonara
niimanka mantaa are babies. They hear someone mention their qabiil and they start crying. They don’t work. They don’t feed their wives. They run off to Somalia to get married and never speak to the lady again. They are babies BABIES. The new generation is even worse, they do drugs and gangs. Embarrassing.

somali men were known for their bravery and courage by the colonizers. What happened now?
They don't deserve to be called men

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
You are so right! they are different these days. I think it’s a result of not having a country and war often dehumanises people.

... maybe trivial and I don’t mean to sound rude but I also wonder why - when they get fat - they get fat like women. Thick thighs, ass and naso. It’s very unsettling 😐

That’s why I want to go back to the homeland and raise my kids there with our camels and goats and a few stray dogs that will protect the farm animals I want to also invest in renewable energy in Somalia inshallah and live simply without SJW’s forcing people to accept everything

Things have changed with Somalis I’m referring to both men and women let’s change for the better 🇸🇴

Villainess

You are so right! they are different these days. I think it’s a result of not having a country and war often dehumanises people.

... maybe trivial and I don’t mean to sound rude but I also wonder why - when they get fat - they get fat like women. Thick thighs, ass and naso. It’s very unsettling 😐
the beauty standards changed drastically by social media and the industry. Being fat is now idealized but in Asia, the skinnier the better. So halimos take it as a sign to stop working out and gain weight. Overweight is not cute. Dumarka waagi hore used to work with the goats and camels and they were a healthy skinny.

I know for a fact that the welfare system in the west has crippled the marriage of many minorities that came from cultures, were the men were the sole provider of the family. It has made them obsolete, since the goverment takes "care of them anyways". Its harder for older generations and fobs to obtain jobs, so why does a women need for a man that doesnt contribute anything when she receives money from the state, and feeling emasculated many run back home to feel "worthy" again. We somali men have proud in alot of things and family is the number 1, if we find ourselves not wanted, then i find resonable that many just bounce out of shame, just to save face. Or else you will be know as the man the wife kicked out😅

But i think for us the second generation, it will be easier, both will work if the wife wants to and probably less children too, and the third generation wont probably get married😅

Villainess

Addiction to dopamine + having an abundance of pretty much everything you could ever want
Exactly. You put it in better words. That effected the men back home too. They take it as a sign not to work because their family back in America will pay for their wants and needs. Instead of opening a shop or whatever it may be, they rely on family members back home who are also struggling with their taxi job. It’s a never ending circle

Exactly. You put it in better words. That effected the men back home too. They take it as a sign not to work because their family back in America will pay for their wants and needs. Instead of opening a shop or whatever it may be, they rely on family members back home who are also struggling with their taxi job. It’s a never ending circle
Take away a countries self reliancy, then you have one that will Always be dependent of you. The Dirty UN delivers Somalia expired food right around the time that somali farmers harvest their crops😒 as a mean putting them out business.

And besides being fat for both genders isnt just us Somalis, if you look at African americans as an example, they were mostly fit in the 70s. And now that the food and beverages have changed they are mostly unhealthy.

Alluring

Sayonara
The past generation became lazy and qabil-obsessed, back home they live off the west. In the west they live off the government. Men became losers who produce offspring they don't care about. Khat became an epidemic & increase mental illness issues everywhere. Women bleach and let themselves get fat because that is the standard now.

The new generation is an uncontrolled identity crisis. Many copy the worst of all behaviors just to look or appear cool. Terrible parenting leaves terrible children who have no desire to succeed. The standards are so incredibly low.

The past generation became lazy and qabil-obsessed, back home they live off the west. In the west they live off the government. Men became losers who produce offspring they don't care about. Khat became an epidemic & increase mental illness issues everywhere. Women bleach and let themselves get fat because that is the standard now.

The new generation is an uncontrolled identity crisis. Many copy the worst of all behaviors just to look or appear cool. Terrible parenting leaves terrible children who have no desire to succeed. The standards are so incredibly low.
Bad parenting makes the children bad and unsuccessful and when they become parents they’ll do the same the cycle continues and over and over again

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44

Lordy facts on facts on facts. May Allah help our people.

Alluring

Sayonara
Bad parenting makes the children bad and unsuccessful and when they become parents they’ll do the same the cycle continues and over and over again
That is the biggest issue that is plaguing our community. The lack of parenting or good parenting is terrible for children. They learn by example & when the parents are good for nothing, they become good for nothing.

Trending