Men, do you help your moms (or sisters) during iftar with cooking and cleaning

Cooking all this food every day and all the cleaning is so much. I help out when I can and tell my mom to cut down on all the cooking but she keeps on doing it. I don't know if it's because all Somali moms cook a ginormous amount of food and she feels she has too as well or if it's something else.

Cooking all this food every day and all the cleaning is so much. I help out when I can and tell my mom to cut down on all the cooking but she keeps on doing it. I don't know if it's because all Somali moms cook a ginormous amount of food and she feels she has too as well or if it's something else.
yes i take my time cleaning my plate once they start putting stuff on it by the way they force me to consume this stuff. I go through soo much abuse being forcefully being stuffed until the plate is licked clean. At the end to add insult to injury they call me a Jaween and i still dont know what that is yet.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I be offering to help fully knowing they (mom and sisters) will refuse. I do the dishes from time to time, perks of being 2nd oldest.

You can't take a hooyo out of a kitchen, I tried but failed. They lowkey love cooking, I also cook, but they go on a mad one

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
No. I am looked at weirdly if I try, like I am invading some type of woman community space

my dad fries the bur and sambuus some days and my brother does nothing but clear the table (hes 15 so ill let it slide)

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
I cook for myself though as a kid

When hooyo wasn't around my aabo made some baasto and he had me peel some potatoes as a kid, good memory and a 10/10 baasto

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I've always tried to help my family in my teens. I came from a family of 8. My dad and me being only males. To my mom and sisters. Men in kitchen = useless. I'll be helping cook some pasta but My mum or my sister will take over, if i complain. The others would side with them. Since I'm not doing it the "right way" even if I'm doing it exactly there way but right way will always change. No wining so I give up

Trending