Meet Colonel Zakia Hussein Ahmed, the first Somali woman to hold the rank of brigadier general

A Somali diaspora product. Although she was born in Somalia, she was raised in Sweden and the U.K.
6QBk9kpTURBXy9iNTg0MmNlYzU2YWNhMmI3OGViNzNhY2RmM2QwZGEyMC5qcGeRkwXNAxTNAbyBoTAB

Meet Colonel Zakia Hussein Ahmed, the first Somali woman to hold the rank of brigadier general who has had many firsts .

• Colonel Zakia becomes the first woman in the country's police history to attain the rank. Her new role now entails overseeing federal police forces throughout the country.
  • Colonel Zakia is a proponent of gender equity and has been an advocate for the youth, serving as the secretary general of the Hanoolaato Party, a Somali youth advocacy group.
  • With over 14 years of experience, Zakia has had many firsts.
Somalia has made history after promoting Colonel Zakia Hussein Ahmed to the rank of brigadier general in the Somali Police Force.

Colonel Zakia becomes the first woman in the country's police history to attain the rank. Her new role now entails overseeing federal police forces throughout the country.

Her new badges of ranks were pinned on her shoulders by Somali’s Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre.

Kf_k9kpTURBXy8zYWM3ZDkxZjY3NWYyZGZlNWE4ZjJiMWQ5NTlmOTNjOS5qcGeSlQLNAxQAwsOVAgDNAvjCw4GhMAE

Brig General Deputy Police Commissioner Somali Police Force, Zakia Hussen.

Speaking during her installation at General Kahiye Police Academy in Mogadishu, Prime Minister Khayre emphasised the need to recognise the role of women in the country.

“If women are at least 50% of the population in Somalia, they must get what they deserve. In fact, every person should get his or her rights, otherwise, we will not be able to compete with our neighbours” said PM Khayre.

“I want to encourage Somali women to stop aiming low. Instead, I would like you to focus on becoming the next president and premier in this country,” he added.

k-xk9kpTURBXy80N2NkNzY0M2ZkYjIzODViZmY4NDY1MDIyZWEwN2FlOS5qcGeSlQLNAxQAwsOVAgDNAvjCw4GhMAE

Somali’s Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre pinning the new badges to Somalia's First Female General, Zakia Hussein Ahmed. (Strategic Intelligence Service)

With over 14 years of experience, Zakia has had many firsts. She was appointed the new Director of Community Policing at the Somali Police Force in 2014, making her the first woman in many years to hold such a senior position.

Before that, she had been the chief commander of community policing and public relations at the Mogadishu-based national agency.

Colonel Zakia is a proponent of gender equity and has been an advocate for the youth, serving as the secretary general of the Hanoolaato Party, a Somali youth advocacy group.

She holds a Master’s degree in International Relations and a postgraduate certificate in Diplomacy in Islam, Zakia has also worked as the programme manager and researcher for the Heritage Institute for Policy Studies and a part-time university lecturer at the University of Somalia.

General Zakia’s promotion came on the 16th of August, 2018 as part of security sector reforms by the Somali government.

2cqk9kpTURBXy80MmVlZjM3NDdiZThjMWMzMjM1M2Y2NDcwMDk4OGUyZi5wbmeSlQLNAxQAwsOVAgDNAvjCw4GhMAE

Somalia President President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo with Brigadier General Zakia Hussen Ahmed.
President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo appointed her to become deputy commander of police in a security reshuffle.

Somalia is slowly following in the footsteps of other African countries such as Rwanda that have in recent years supported women with key decision making positions in government including in the security forces.

In 2011, Proscovia Nalweyiso became the first female Brigadier General in Uganda, a noteworthy achievement, which was celebrated across the continent.

https://www.pulselive.co.ke/bi/poli...r-general-colonel-zakia-hussein-ahmed/3v44szh

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
Poor lady why would you sacrifice your life for such a doomed country. Why would you risk your life for some shithole devastated by war and drought the past 29 years, should have stayed home comfy in the UK.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
She is already in the hitlist of AlKalabs.

No way that bodyguards can protect her from mine.

May Allah protect miskiinta

Does she want to die or something? Very risky abayo better to be a unknown person in somalia.

@SOULSEARCHING

Now, what we need is tens of thousands of Somali girls and women to volunteer to join the Somali army because the jihadists believe that if they’re killed by women fighters, they will go to hell. That is why ISIS jihadists used to flee the Kurdish female fighters. If you love your country then you should join the army. I don’t think you do.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
@SOULSEARCHING

Now, what we need is tens of thousands of Somali girls and women to volunteer to join the Somali army because the jihadists believe that if they’re killed by women fighters, they will go to hell. That is why ISIS jihadists used to flee the Kurdish female fighters. If you love your country then you should join the army. I don’t think you do.

You want me to die ? Go away :cryinglaughsmiley:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
A Somali diaspora product. Although she was born in Somalia, she was raised in Sweden and the U.K.
6QBk9kpTURBXy9iNTg0MmNlYzU2YWNhMmI3OGViNzNhY2RmM2QwZGEyMC5qcGeRkwXNAxTNAbyBoTAB

Meet Colonel Zakia Hussein Ahmed, the first Somali woman to hold the rank of brigadier general who has had many firsts .

• Colonel Zakia becomes the first woman in the country's police history to attain the rank. Her new role now entails overseeing federal police forces throughout the country.
  • Colonel Zakia is a proponent of gender equity and has been an advocate for the youth, serving as the secretary general of the Hanoolaato Party, a Somali youth advocacy group.
  • With over 14 years of experience, Zakia has had many firsts.
Somalia has made history after promoting Colonel Zakia Hussein Ahmed to the rank of brigadier general in the Somali Police Force.

Colonel Zakia becomes the first woman in the country's police history to attain the rank. Her new role now entails overseeing federal police forces throughout the country.

Her new badges of ranks were pinned on her shoulders by Somali’s Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre.

Kf_k9kpTURBXy8zYWM3ZDkxZjY3NWYyZGZlNWE4ZjJiMWQ5NTlmOTNjOS5qcGeSlQLNAxQAwsOVAgDNAvjCw4GhMAE

Brig General Deputy Police Commissioner Somali Police Force, Zakia Hussen.

Speaking during her installation at General Kahiye Police Academy in Mogadishu, Prime Minister Khayre emphasised the need to recognise the role of women in the country.

“If women are at least 50% of the population in Somalia, they must get what they deserve. In fact, every person should get his or her rights, otherwise, we will not be able to compete with our neighbours” said PM Khayre.

“I want to encourage Somali women to stop aiming low. Instead, I would like you to focus on becoming the next president and premier in this country,” he added.

k-xk9kpTURBXy80N2NkNzY0M2ZkYjIzODViZmY4NDY1MDIyZWEwN2FlOS5qcGeSlQLNAxQAwsOVAgDNAvjCw4GhMAE

Somali’s Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre pinning the new badges to Somalia's First Female General, Zakia Hussein Ahmed. (Strategic Intelligence Service)

With over 14 years of experience, Zakia has had many firsts. She was appointed the new Director of Community Policing at the Somali Police Force in 2014, making her the first woman in many years to hold such a senior position.

Before that, she had been the chief commander of community policing and public relations at the Mogadishu-based national agency.

Colonel Zakia is a proponent of gender equity and has been an advocate for the youth, serving as the secretary general of the Hanoolaato Party, a Somali youth advocacy group.

She holds a Master’s degree in International Relations and a postgraduate certificate in Diplomacy in Islam, Zakia has also worked as the programme manager and researcher for the Heritage Institute for Policy Studies and a part-time university lecturer at the University of Somalia.

General Zakia’s promotion came on the 16th of August, 2018 as part of security sector reforms by the Somali government.

2cqk9kpTURBXy80MmVlZjM3NDdiZThjMWMzMjM1M2Y2NDcwMDk4OGUyZi5wbmeSlQLNAxQAwsOVAgDNAvjCw4GhMAE

Somalia President President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo with Brigadier General Zakia Hussen Ahmed.
President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo appointed her to become deputy commander of police in a security reshuffle.

Somalia is slowly following in the footsteps of other African countries such as Rwanda that have in recent years supported women with key decision making positions in government including in the security forces.

In 2011, Proscovia Nalweyiso became the first female Brigadier General in Uganda, a noteworthy achievement, which was celebrated across the continent.

https://www.pulselive.co.ke/bi/poli...r-general-colonel-zakia-hussein-ahmed/3v44szh

if she grew up in Sweden & the UK what is she doing be a general bibiliiye in Somalia army?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
She is a hero and I commend her for her sacrifice, we need more diaspora women like her willing to sacrifice their life for their nation. She is braver than alot of men.:salute::salute:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Living in England and willingly going to Somalia is ok

Associating with the government is just asking to be killed. Inshallah no bad comes her way......

@Grigori Rasputin your views sxb?

I think she’s included in my lottery pick thread to board the bus to Aakhiro. (Rememberer..like the NbA I have a lottery pick speculation).

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
She is a hero and I commend her for her sacrifice, we need more diaspora women like her willing to sacrifice their life for their nation. She is braver than alot of men.:salute::salute:

You’re an accomplice to a murder abt to happen. She probably be reading this and be emboldened to think it’s a proper government.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
This lady who’s part of the government unleash an absolute truth. She literally told of the lies she was part of, the lies to make it appear that things were somewhat safe or that they have any control of any part of the country.

What an unbelievable condemnation of her own government.

Take a look

This lady is turning into a decent person before my eyes

Trending