Mash'Allah! Ramadan in Sarajevo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Ramadan in Sarajevo looks amazing! May Allah swt bless the pious Bosniak people, Amin! @R.Kelly this got to be your next travel destination!

:rejoice:

@Molotoff random question, but can you tell me why some 19th century Bosniaks chose to settle in Caesarea, Ottoman Palestine? What made this abandoned Roman town special to your folks?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
@Molotoff random question, but can you tell me why 19th century Bosniaks chose to settle in Caesarea, Ottoman Palestine? What made that abandoned Roman town special to your folks?

I guess it was randomly selected. Palestine was still under the Ottomans. When the Ottomans withdrew from Bosnia, many Bosniaks chose to leave too as they did not want to live under Christian rule. Majority of them ended up in Turkey, where there still are descendants of the Bosniaks in the thousands.

Funny fact about Bosniaks in Palestine;

Bushnak (Arabic: بشناق‎, meaning "Bosnian" or "Bosniak", also transliterated Bushnaq, Boshnak and Bouchnak) is a surnamecommon among Levantines of Bosnian origin.[1][2][3] Those sharing this surname are the descendants of Bosnian Muslimsapprehensive of living under Christian rule after the Austro-Hungarian occupation of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1878, who emigrated to Ottoman Syria.

While not originally from one family, most Bosnians who emigrated to the Levant adopted Bushnak as a common surname, attesting to their origins. Bushnak is also used colloquially among Palestinians to refer to someone who is fair-skinned and good looking.

Some Bosnian movement to Palestine occurred when Bosnian Muslim soldiers were brought to Palestine in the late 1800s to provide reinforcements for the Ottoman army.[1][3]

More substantial movement occurred after 1878, when the Austro-Hungarian empire, ruled by the House of Habsburg, occupied Bosnia. Bosnian Muslim emigration continued through this period, escalating after the Austro-Hungarian's 1908 annexation of Bosnia. Many emigrated to parts of what is now modern Turkey, while a smaller number settled in Ottoman Syria (modern Syria, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan).

Bosnian emigrants settled predominantly in villages in the parts of the present day West Bank and Israel: Caesarea (Qisarya), Yanun, Nablus and Tulkarem.[1][2][3] Their descendants still live in these villages, their Bosnian heritage reflected in the Arab surname of Bushnak.[3]

The Bosnian Muslim immigrants who settled in Caesarea in 1878 built two mosques, joining other Muslim immigrants from Morocco, Algeria, Crimea, the Caucasus, and Turkestan. These Slavic speaking immigrants eventually assimilated into the local Arab population.

One of the most historically prominent Bushnaks was Jezzar Pasha, who was the Ottoman ruler of Acre and the Galilee from 1775 until his death.

I guess it was randomly selected. Palestine was still under the Ottomans. When the Ottomans withdrew from Bosnia, many Bosniaks chose to leave too as they did not want to live under Christian rule. Majority of them ended up in Turkey, where there still are descendants of the Bosniaks in the thousands.

Thank you for your informative answer:nvjpqts:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Ramadan in Sarajevo looks amazing! May Allah swt bless the pious Bosniak people, Amin! @R.Kelly this got to be your next travel destination!

:rejoice:

I am declining to go there due to the fact that I haven’t received just 3 Bosniak females for friendship. Come on manne ! The Serbs got 10 each for nothing and by force

I heard that Bosnians were living in Sudan during the conquest of Sudan by Mohammed Ali of Egypt. Why were Bosnians there and how:cosbyhmm:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
I heard that Bosnians were living in Sudan during the conquest of Sudan by Mohammed Ali of Egypt. Why were Bosnians there and how:cosbyhmm:

Interesting, I didn't know that. I read there were Albanians and Turks, but no Bosniaks. Do you have any source to verify that statement?

Mohammad Ali of Egypt was ethnically Albanian.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

Interesting, I didn't know that. I read there were Albanians and Turks, but no Bosniaks. Do you have any source to verify that statement?

Mohammad Ali of Egypt was ethnically Albanian.

The history of the Ottoman Empire is so fascinating.

One time I was mesmerized on a story of a Princess within the Ottoman royal family who was originally captured in the Ukraine. Now she has a great place in the Ottoman history cause she was the mother of a lot of Sultans.

Now I might ask, what % of Ottamans are pure white ?

Do the Bosniaks have gypsies too?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
The history of the Ottoman Empire is so fascinating.

One time I was mesmerized on a story of a Princess within the Ottoman royal family who was originally captured in the Ukraine. Now she has a great place in the Ottoman history cause she was the mother of a lot of Sultans.

Now I might ask, what % of Ottamans are pure white ?

Do the Bosniaks have gypsies too?

I'd say that the Turks of today have substantial amounts of Slavic blood in them. We have gypsies too and we call them "cigani", we are not politically correct.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I'd say that the Turks of today have substantial amounts of Slavic blood in them. We have gypsies too and we call them "cigani", we are not politically correct.

Are they Muslims? Are they also roaming savages, beggars and a burden. These people are the one group of people on this planet that are Vultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.